• 28(current)
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!
Hi, is there a way to add new tv shows to a Widget? I can only seem to add new episodes, which isn't what I want. I'm trying to create one 'recently added' widget that contains both new movies and new TV shows
Hi, I've set up two playlists. Recently added movies, and recently added TV shows. I am trying to create a merged widget for them. Currently, the widget shows all the new movies, followed by all the new tv shows. I'd like things ordered by date added. How would I accomplish this? I've played changing the widget sort method to dateadded,  with no change.
(2021-03-25, 20:40)LostBrit76 Wrote: Hi, I've set up two playlists. Recently added movies, and recently added TV shows. I am trying to create a merged widget for them. Currently, the widget shows all the new movies, followed by all the new tv shows. I'd like things ordered by date added. How would I accomplish this? I've played changing the widget sort method to dateadded,  with no change.

Hmm, I would think that would work 🤔 I suppose it's possible that the dateadded parameter isn't being carried over correctly from the library, but I would have to look at the associated .cache file for the widget to tell for sure.
(2021-03-04, 23:17)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2021-03-02, 18:07)LostBrit76 Wrote: I am sure I am doing something wrong, but I cannot figure out what.

I have set up a widget called 'Spotlight - Movies'. Inside that there are various genre widgets, which the main widget scrolls through every 2 hours, as expected.

I have tried to do the same for TV shows, without success. I set it up in exactly the same way, but when I try to add the widget to the skin, I go through the exact same steps, choose cycling path, then random, but instead of the next window just saying use as widget, the next screen has a list of TV shows from one of the widgets inside that main 'Spotlight - TV shows' widget, and the widget doesn't cycle.

Any ideas?

What skin are you using?
Sorry completely missed this. I'm using arctic horizon. It seems to be an issue for any autowidget that has TV shows. E.g. I am trying to make a merged widget for new movies and TV shows. When I add the widget to the home page I go through the steps and choose merged widget, then it says getting directory listing, then there's all of the new tv shows listed there. If i choose use as widget there, the widget doesnt work properly, eg if i click on a tv show in that wiget, i go into some gross looking folder view. For widgets without TV shows, after it says getting directory listing, it just says use as widget, with nothing else listed, as would be expected, and the widget works perfecrly
Hello, have a problem here. When I add a movie to a shortcut group and then use the menu to access the movie, Kodi crashes. With series it works without problems.

Here are the two group files:

Series (all ok):
Code:

{
    "paths": [
        {
            "target": "shortcut", 
            "color": "white", 
            "label": "xxx", 
            "content": "tvshows", 
            "window": "videos", 
            "version": "3.1.8", 
            "file": {
                "filetype": "directory", 
                "art": {
                    "fanart": "https://xxx.jpg", 
                    "poster": "https://xxx.jpg", 
                    "thumb": "https://xxx.jpg", 
                    "icon": "https://xxx.jpg"
                }, 
                "votes": "0", 
                "file": "plugin://plugin.xxx", 
                "title": "xxx"
            }, 
            "id": "xxx-1616829278.16"
        }
    ], 
        "fanart": "special://home/addons\\plugin.program.autowidget\\resources\\media\\fanart\\folder-shortcut.png", 
        "poster": "special://home/addons\\plugin.program.autowidget\\resources\\media\\poster\\folder-shortcut.png", 
        "banner": "special://home/addons\\plugin.program.autowidget\\resources\\media\\banner\\folder-shortcut.png", 
        "thumb": "special://home/addons\\plugin.program.autowidget\\resources\\media\\icon\\folder-shortcut.png", 
        "icon": "special://home/addons\\plugin.program.autowidget\\resources\\media\\icon\\folder-shortcut.png"
    }, 
    "label": "Favoriten Serien", 
    "type": "shortcut", 
    "id": "favoriten_serien-1616829273.84"
}

Movies:
Code:

{
    "paths": [
        {
            "target": "shortcut", 
            "color": "white", 
            "label": "xxx", 
            "content": "movies", 
            "window": "videos", 
            "file": {
                "votes": "0", 
                    "fanart": "https://xxx.jpg", 
                    "poster": "https://xxx.jpg", 
                    "thumb": "https://xxx.jpg", 
                    "icon": "https://xxx.jpg"
                }, 
                "title": "xxx", 
                "filetype": "file", 
                "file": "plugin://plugin.xxx", 
                "size": "0.000000 B"
            }, 
            "id": "xxx-1616829235.71"
        }
    ], 
        "fanart": "special://home/addons\\plugin.program.autowidget\\resources\\media\\fanart\\folder-shortcut.png", 
        "poster": "special://home/addons\\plugin.program.autowidget\\resources\\media\\poster\\folder-shortcut.png", 
        "banner": "special://home/addons\\plugin.program.autowidget\\resources\\media\\banner\\folder-shortcut.png", 
        "thumb": "special://home/addons\\plugin.program.autowidget\\resources\\media\\icon\\folder-shortcut.png", 
        "icon": "special://home/addons\\plugin.program.autowidget\\resources\\media\\icon\\folder-shortcut.png"
    }, 
    "label": "Favoriten Filme", 
    "type": "shortcut", 
    "id": "favoriten_filme-1616829231.85"
}

I already uninstalled and reinstalled the addon, but that did nothing.

This is what it says in the log: (I have replaced the xxx)

2021-03-27 08:42:08.471 T:1036  NOTICE: plugin.program.autowidget: [ path_id: xxx ][ group: xxx ][ mode: path ]
2021-03-27 08:42:09.204 T:10168   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.autowidget/?group=xxx.84&mode=group&refresh=&reload=

Any idea what this could be?
Hi, here is what I am seeing. The playlists individually work fine, but if I create a merged widget, I get this horrible looking folder view for TV shows (this is the show Servant), with a description of a show that isn't even this show. Some help here would be greatly appreciated. Also for some reason I get an error from Autowidget every time a widget refreshes now. I've tried uninstalling autowidget and reinstalling, but no change Undecided

ImageImage
(2021-03-27, 14:45)LostBrit76 Wrote: Hi, here is what I am seeing. The playlists individually work fine, but if I create a merged widget, I get this horrible looking folder view for TV shows (this is the show Servant), with a description of a show that isn't even this show. Some help here would be greatly appreciated. Also for some reason I get an error from Autowidget every time a widget refreshes now. I've tried uninstalling autowidget and reinstalling, but no change Undecided

ImageImage

Let's see a log file Wink
(2021-03-27, 20:47)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2021-03-27, 14:45)LostBrit76 Wrote: Hi, here is what I am seeing. The playlists individually work fine, but if I create a merged widget, I get this horrible looking folder view for TV shows (this is the show Servant), with a description of a show that isn't even this show. Some help here would be greatly appreciated. Also for some reason I get an error from Autowidget every time a widget refreshes now. I've tried uninstalling autowidget and reinstalling, but no change Undecided

ImageImage

Let's see a log file Wink
Thanks mate - how do I get that for you? :-)
(nvidia shield pro)
https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file
How can I change the refresh duration? I want faster then the current one (0.3 h). I want like 10 minute or less
(2021-04-04, 07:15)estuary_enthusiast Wrote: How can I change the refresh duration? I want faster then the current one (0.3 h). I want like 10 minute or less

The lowest supported refresh rate is 15min.
one more question Smile

I have two widget groups. Is it possible to add them to the context menu?

As an example:
Context Menu >> Add to widget group "favorite films"
Context Menu >> Add to widget group "favorite series"
(2021-04-05, 08:41)chaos83 Wrote: one more question Smile

As an example:

No, you'll have to go through the other menus as well.
(2021-04-05, 15:04)drinfernoo Wrote:

As an example:

not even if I manually adjust the corresponding files?
(2021-04-05, 21:01)chaos83 Wrote:
(2021-04-05, 15:04)drinfernoo Wrote:

As an example:

not even if I manually adjust the corresponding files?

You would have to make some pretty major changes to the underlying Python code in order to make that work 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!1