• 41(current)
TvOS Kodi Build
(2021-03-03, 14:27)sy6sy2 Wrote: Perfect!

Configurations files of Kodi are located in /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi. This folder should contains addons, userdata, ... folders.

If you have a backup you can restore it here.
There is no such directory Sad
It was most probably deleted during the upgrade Sad

In any case, thanks again for all your support!
Much appreciated!
No problem!

By the way, by reading your message I stoped on the "upgrade" word.
Did you directly upgrade from your jailbroken tvOS 13 device to tvOS 14?

It's highly recommended to revert your device on stock (I mean removed everything related to jailbreak) BEFORE doing the upgrade of tvOS.
And only after the upgrade you can apply a fresh jailbreak.

For all tvOS/iOS jailbroken users (especially Apple TV 4K users...) : Never use the tvOS "Reset" built-in feature (the one in tvOS settings) while your device is jailbroken. You need to use the "revert filesystem" feature of your jailbreak first and only after you can update your tvOS without any risk.
See here to unjailbreak your device before any reset or update : http://joshtv.net/Guides/unjailbreak.html
Trying to keep Kodi working on tvOS on free time — Former developer of Catch-up TV & More video add-on (GitHub repoWebsite)
(2021-03-03, 18:45)sy6sy2 Wrote: No problem!

By the way, by reading your message I stoped on the "upgrade" word.
Did you directly upgrade from your jailbroken tvOS 13 device to tvOS 14?

It's highly recommended to revert your device on stock (I mean removed everything related to jailbreak) BEFORE doing the upgrade of tvOS.
And only after the upgrade you can apply a fresh jailbreak.

For all tvOS/iOS jailbroken users (especially Apple TV 4K users...) : Never use the tvOS "Reset" built-in feature (the one in tvOS settings) while your device is jailbroken. You need to use the "revert filesystem" feature of your jailbreak first and only after you can update your tvOS without any risk.
See here to unjailbreak your device before any reset or update : http://joshtv.net/Guides/unjailbreak.html

Thanks for the info!
BTW, I found the Kodi user folder at:
/private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/00945D8D-8595-4374-8B35-E6566D2AED17/Library/Preferences/Kodi

It seems relocated, I don't know why, could it be tvOS 14.4 version?
Or the Kodi 19 version?
Hum interesting, do you mean that the /private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/00945D8D-8595-4374-8B35-E6566D2AED17/Library/Preferences/Kodi folder is the one currently used by your Kodi app that you installed with the dpkg command?
This path should only be used by Kodi when you install it by the side load method. (See https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=358164 for more information).

If yes, then we have an issue with Kodi on jailbroken tvOS 14 devices, because Kodi should use /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi path for user folder when installed by dpkg or NitoTV.

Unfortunately my ATV4K is on tvOS 13 and I have no other Apple TV on tvOS 14 to try...

Edit: I will try to upgrade my ATV4K to tvOS 14.4 ASAP and try Kodi 19 on it.
Trying to keep Kodi working on tvOS on free time — Former developer of Catch-up TV & More video add-on (GitHub repoWebsite)
(2021-03-03, 19:26)sy6sy2 Wrote: Hum interesting, do you mean that the /private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/00945D8D-8595-4374-8B35-E6566D2AED17/Library/Preferences/Kodi folder is the one currently used by your Kodi app that you installed with the dpkg command?
Yes, I crossed check it trying to make samba work (unsuccessfully until now).
Added a test server from GUI and found the configuration at:
/private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/00945D8D-8595-4374-8B35-E6566D2AED17/Library/Preferences/Kodi/userdata/mediasources.xml
Thank you for the confirmation.
I expected the iOS 14 fix to work on tvOS 14 but it seems that it is not the case...
On each new major version of iOS/tvOS Apple add something more to make things worst for the jailbreak...

I will try to put my ATV4K on tvOS 14.4 before the end of the week so I will be able to test different entitlements (and I cross fingers to find what is wrong).

Thank you for putting the finger on this issue.
Hey @askyr, this I what I tried:

- Unjailbreak my tvOS 13 ATV4K
- Reset data and settings
- Update to tvOS 14.4
- Jailbreak with checkra1n
- Install Kodi 19 from deb file with dpkg
- And my userdata is on /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi like it should be ;-)

I guess you have something wrong with your jailbreak or something else...
(2021-03-04, 13:10)sy6sy2 Wrote: Hey @askyr, this I what I tried:

- Unjailbreak my tvOS 13 ATV4K
- Reset data and settings
- Update to tvOS 14.4
- Jailbreak with checkra1n
- Install Kodi 19 from deb file with dpkg
- And my userdata is on /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi like it should be ;-)

I guess you have something wrong with your jailbreak or something else...

Before jaibreaking, I used to sideload Kodi.
Could that be relevant?

Now the system seems to be working fine, except samba that I needed to manually edit the sources.xml file and after a while I get an error message "Software caused connection abort".
Do you think that I should un-jaibreak and start over?
Is nitoTV working at your installation?
Maybe I’m wrong but I guess that the current Kodi that you are using is the one you side loaded?

It’s strange that the Kodi instance that you installed with dpkg uses the user folder created by the Kodi you installed with side load. But magic things can happens 😜

Yes my NitoTV app works well.

Concerning a fresh install/jailbreak is up to you.
(2021-03-04, 15:03)sy6sy2 Wrote: Maybe I’m wrong but I guess that the current Kodi that you are using is the one you side loaded?

It’s strange that the Kodi instance that you installed with dpkg uses the user folder created by the Kodi you installed with side load. But magic things can happens 😜

No, the folder date was current.
Magic does exist!
(2021-03-04, 15:26)askyr Wrote:
(2021-03-04, 15:03)sy6sy2 Wrote: Maybe I’m wrong but I guess that the current Kodi that you are using is the one you side loaded?

Magic does exist!

Well, some more info for whoever could be interested in.
I had a really messed up installation, with 3 different jailbreaks Smile

I decided to clean install everything using iTunes and a USB connection [tvOS 14.4 and checkra1n].
After that I tried to install Kodi 17.6 stable version, because that version did not have any issues with the samba server I use (a really old time capsule).
The Kodi icon did not appear on the screen and the userdata was at a path like the one before /private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/00945D8D-8595-4374-8B35-E6566D2AED17/Library/Preferences/Kodi, so it had nothing to do with sideloading.

I decided to clean install everything once again using iTunes and a USB connection [tvOS 14.4 and checkra1n] and this time I installed Kodi 19.0
Everything is in place, except of course the 2 known issues (the automatic check for new versions and the samba incompatibility with some samba server versions).
The Kodi userdata was correctly at the path /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi.
(2021-03-06, 20:03)askyr Wrote:
(2021-03-04, 15:26)askyr Wrote:

Magic does exist!

I decided to clean install everything using iTunes and a USB connection [tvOS 14.4 and checkra1n].
After that I tried to install Kodi 17.6 stable version, because that version did not have any issues with the samba server I use (a really old time capsule).
The Kodi icon did not appear on the screen and the userdata was at a path like the one before /private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/00945D8D-8595-4374-8B35-E6566D2AED17/Library/Preferences/Kodi, so it had nothing to do with sideloading.

I decided to clean install everything once again using iTunes and a USB connection [tvOS 14.4 and checkra1n] and this time I installed Kodi 19.0
Everything is in place, except of course the 2 known issues (the automatic check for new versions and the samba incompatibility with some samba server versions).
The Kodi userdata was correctly at the path /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi.
Set Samba on Kodi  to v 1 minimum and maximum.and click on use legacy security and you can use  samba from your timecapsule.
(2021-03-08, 01:10)sqig Wrote:
(2021-03-06, 20:03)askyr Wrote:
(2021-03-04, 15:26)askyr Wrote: No, the folder date was current.
Magic does exist!

Set Samba on Kodi  to v 1 minimum and maximum.and click on use legacy security and you can use  samba from your timecapsule.
Thank you very much for the tip, @sqig.
I have already done it and it is partially working.
The connection is really slow, it cannot be used for big video files because it is constantly stopping for buffering. But it is OK for low definition, like TV series.
The other problem is that occasionally it loses the network connection with error message "Software caused connection abort".

I tried to bypass the issues using AFP protocol, but I did not manage to configure it.
AFP configuration from Kodi v.17.6 sources.xml file is not working at Kodi v.19.0

I read at another article that samba was working well with old smb servers at Kodi v18.9
I wonder if it is possible to use that samba version with Kodi v.19.0
Or even if Kodi v.18.9 is working well at Apple TV 4 [tvOS 14.4 and checkra1n] (because I was not able to install Kodi v.17.6 properly at tis version)
i am running Kodi 19.0.0  2021-02-21 on an Apple TV 4K with tvOS 14.5
when I watch TV with help of my TVheadend backend I have a very high CPU usage, and the TV Channel is decodes via Software ffmpeg with around 250% CPU usage
is it not possible to use hardware decoding on tvheadend PVR?

movies via emby is working fine with HW decoding
You can enable hardware decoding in settings but you may have some issue with channels depending on the video type (see https://github.com/xbmc/FFmpeg/pull/15).

I suspect the high CPU usage caused by the de-interlaced algorithm. But do you have any problem while watching TV? I am also using the Apple TV 4K/TVheadend combo in France (HDHomerun with interlaced TNT channels) and I have no playing issue. I use this configuration in my daily usage.
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TvOS Kodi Build3