• 17(current)
Beta Copacetic: alpha and beta development thread
Thanks, I do intend to add widgets to home screen shortly
Great work, havent been on here in a while but pleasantly surprised by the progress and layout of this skin.  Keep up the amazing work!
Nice GUI, looking forward for more . Can't seem to find Party Mode anywhere for Music.
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
Keep up the good work, I love the simplicity and fanart focus. BTW I didn't notice any problems in matrix after changing the xbmcgui version in addon.xml and trying it out.

Hope you'll eventually finish this, it'd be a shame not to.
Yes it should work fine with Matrix for the most part. I'm testing it on both for the time being.

Party mode doesn't exist yet, I'll add it to the backlog once I look into what it is (can't say I've ever used it myself).
Gave this a test today and it’s a beautiful skin. Can’t believe I haven’t seen the clear art used in this way before.

I’m a big TV show user and navigating shows is lovely but the skin desperately needs widgets on the Home Screen as right now it just takes too long to get to what you want to watch.

I feel with a down press from a menu item to expand into widgets would be nice and not
Impact the astectics too much.
Thanks. Yep that's always been the plan bit I haven't had much time to move it along lately. Still in the to do list though.
Another question. Are the tv episode views staying the same?

The majority of thumbnail images are low quality so full screen they look blurred, also for unseen episodes I tend to not display the thumb to avoid spoilers. So the list is a bit too minimal.
(2021-03-25, 20:03)dave_parki_uk Wrote: Another question. Are the tv episode views staying the same?

The majority of thumbnail images are low quality so full screen they look blurred, also for unseen episodes I tend to not display the thumb to avoid spoilers. So the list is a bit too minimal.

I hadn't planned to make any more changes to the main views, full screen artwork was actually the driving reason behind the first view (Billboard) that this skin was built around all those years ago (as inspired by a similar view in ReFocus). If the issue is low-quality episode thumbnails, have you tried switching to TMDB tv scraper? 1920x1080 seems to be the standard there for anything from the past few years or any show that's popular.

I hadn't thought about hiding thumbnails as that's not something I've tried before. What tends to be the solution in other skins? A placeholder icon (the tv show fanart for example?) or are they just a bit more 'designed' for want of a better word?
(2021-03-26, 16:16)QuizKid Wrote:
(2021-03-25, 20:03)dave_parki_uk Wrote: Another question. Are the tv episode views staying the same?

I hadn't planned to make any more changes to the main views, full screen artwork was actually the driving reason behind the first view (Billboard) that this skin was built around all those years ago (as inspired by a similar view in ReFocus). If the issue is low-quality episode thumbnails, have you tried switching to TMDB tv scraper? 1920x1080 seems to be the standard there for anything from the past few years or any show that's popular.

I hadn't thought about hiding thumbnails as that's not something I've tried before. What tends to be the solution in other skins? A placeholder icon (the tv show fanart for example?) or are they just a bit more 'designed' for want of a better word?

I’m using Aura at the moment and that skin shows a placeholder image (sort of an eye picture - not sure why) but yeah fan art would be fine as an alternative.
(2021-03-31, 23:27)dave_parki_uk Wrote:
(2021-03-26, 16:16)QuizKid Wrote:

I’m using Aura at the moment and that skin shows a placeholder image (sort of an eye picture - not sure why) but yeah fan art would be fine as an alternative.

I checked and Copacetic is operating like Estuary. With the library setting toggled to not show the thumb for unwatched episodes, it defaults to the tv show fanart automatically. Are you not seeing it like this?

I'm sad it doesn't work on Matrix
(2021-04-07, 02:01)Reynald Wrote: I'm sad it doesn't work on Matrix

It does if you edit the xbmc.gui version number in the addons.xml to "5.15.0".
(2021-04-07, 06:16)QuizKid Wrote:
(2021-04-07, 02:01)Reynald Wrote: I'm sad it doesn't work on Matrix

It does if you edit the xbmc.gui version number in the addons.xml to "5.15.0".
Thanks, where can I find this file? I'm on Matrix 19 on ubuntu. Will this have an impact on the addons already installed?

EDIT :Ok I found thank you.
I love the idea and the style. I had a lot of trouble with it. Cannot change the color, the script does not want to install. I also have a problem in the media library. I can see only that about thirty film after the scrolling stops. The art information is mixed with the text from the previous page. I would really like you to carry on with your work and give us a clean, simplistic skin.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copacetic: alpha and beta development thread8