• 195(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2021-04-28, 15:43)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-28, 08:02)Input1963 Wrote: Hey Bart,
Is there a possebility to hide the search bar while playing a video in 2x fast forward, sometimes there is alot of action and when my wife has the remote she goes >>>>>.
Could change the wife, but is to expensive :-)

Thx
H.
@Input1963 , it is possible, yes.  I understand from your request that it is not important for you then to know where you are in the video when you are fast forwarding? Also, if the seek bar is not shown, would you still want to see a label that shows you the speed at which you are fast forwarding? (2X, 4X, etc.)? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Exact Bart, not important where i'm, just to hide de bar while watching the movie. i prefer no info on the screen.

Thx
H.
(2021-04-28, 18:22)Input1963 Wrote:
Is there a possebility to hide the search bar while playing a video in 2x fast forward, sometimes there is alot of action and when my wife has the remote she goes >>>>>.

Thx
H.
@Input1963 , it is possible, yes.  I understand from your request that it is not important for you then to know where you are in the video when you are fast forwarding? Also, if the seek bar is not shown, would you still want to see a label that shows you the speed at which you are fast forwarding? (2X, 4X, etc.)? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Exact Bart, not important where i'm, just to hide de bar while watching the movie. i prefer no info on the screen.

Thx
H.
@Input1963, thanks for confirming.  I will add an option later on today.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-04-22, 18:59)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-22, 17:34)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2021-04-22, 14:34)bsoriano Wrote: @Cyberdom , my apologies.  Please provide me a screenshot of this working in Estuary, as I tested and in my test it works just like in Amber.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
OK @bsoriano.

Here are the screenshots of the Goto function with Esturay.

Directly from the video by going to 1 minute for example :

From the OSD with the Info button going to 2 minutes for example:
@Cyberdom , thank you for these.  I have fixed this issue.  Please wait a couple of days for me to upload a new version to the Amber repo for Leia.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi @bsoriano.

I just updated to Amber 3.2.131.
I don't know if you were able to insert the fix for the Goto function from the OSD with the Info key but after a few tries, it still does not work.

(2021-04-28, 00:13)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.4.16 (Matrix) and 3.2.131 (Leia) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  The highlights are:

1.  Option to Show Submenu only When Focused.  In the Horizontal menu, with this option enabled, the submenu will only appear when focused (pressing down from the main menu).  You can find the new setting here:

Is the "Show submenu only when focused" option available for Amber 3.2.131 Leia ? It is not displayed in Home Layout.

Here are some translations in French:
For show submenu :
Show submenu only when focused : Afficher le sous-menu seulement quand ciblé

(2021-04-28, 00:13)bsoriano Wrote: 2.  Options to Search by Plot for Movies/TV Shows/Episodes.  This has been added now to the search categories that you can choose.  You can enable these search categories here:

3.  Sideblade Search option in Media Views replaced with Amber Custom Search.  Now, when you select Search in the sideblade in media views, you will get Amber's custom search window.  This is a content-aware search like the default Kodi search, meaning that if you are in the Video library, the search results will not include music items, and if you are in the Music library, the search results will not include video items.

So, in the next screenshots, I selected Search from the sideblade and used "Flash" as the search item.  In the resulting custom search window, I am highlighting the Plot Containing results which are new in this version.

For the search with plot containing in settings and search results :
With plot containing : Avec intrigue contenant

(2021-04-28, 00:13)bsoriano Wrote: 6.  Option to Show Title in Footer for Netlfix-style Fanart view.  Showing the title in the footer for Netflix-style Fanart view is now optional.  The default is that the title is NOT shown in the footer.  If you want it to show up, enable the option, like in the following screenshot:

For show title in footer :
Show title in footer : Afficher le titre en bas

(2021-04-28, 00:13)bsoriano Wrote: 7.  Short Weather Shelves.  I have implemented "short" weather shelves that only show 5 items.  You can find them here:

For short weather shelves :
Short daily weather : Météo quotidienne courte
Short hourly weather : Météo horaire courte

I have uploaded versions 3.4.16 (Matrix) and 3.2.131 (Leia) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  The highlights are:

6.  Option to Show Title in Footer for Netlfix-style Fanart view.  Showing the title in the footer for Netflix-style Fanart view is now optional.  The default is that the title is NOT shown in the footer.  If you want it to show up, enable the option, like in the following screenshot:

Please test, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Good morning Bart,

Tested the new version on Leia for Xbox One last night and thank you so much for adding the option to hide the title in the footer! I've run into an error tho. Image

Here's the log: cisuqolace (paste)

Also, any luck with allowing the changing of the ALL SEASONS poster? I'm sorry, I know I'm being a pain. XD

Thanks as always man!
(2021-04-29, 16:02)tcclives23 Wrote:

6.  Option to Show Title in Footer for Netlfix-style Fanart view.  Showing the title in the footer for Netflix-style Fanart view is now optional.  The default is that the title is NOT shown in the footer.  If you want it to show up, enable the option, like in the following screenshot:

Regards,

Bart

Good morning Bart,

Tested the new version on Leia for Xbox One last night and thank you so much for adding the option to hide the title in the footer! I've run into an error tho. Image

Also, any luck with allowing the changing of the ALL SEASONS poster? I'm sorry, I know I'm being a pain. XD

Thanks as always man!
@tcclives23 , that error is because you have a version of the script.skinvariables that is too old.  Please install a more recent version from the author's repo: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/reposito...ey-2.0.zip . Thanks.

As for the All Seasons issue, it just slipped my mind, thanks for reminding me!  I will look into it pretty soon.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-04-29, 16:17)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-29, 16:02)tcclives23 Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

Good morning Bart,

Thanks as always man!
@tcclives23 , that error is because you have a version of the script.skinvariables that is too old.  Please install a more recent version from the author's repo: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/reposito...ey-2.0.zip . Thanks.

As for the All Seasons issue, it just slipped my mind, thanks for reminding me!  I will look into it pretty soon.

Regards,

Bart
I tried accessing it through the add on browser but it was being stubborn so thanks for that link! 

No worries, I'm sure you're busy! Thanks man!
(2021-04-17, 01:05)tcclives23 Wrote: Hey Bart! Would it be possible to allow us to change the poster for "ALL SEASONS"?
@tcclives23 , my apologies for not answering this post sooner.  I have removed the code that was forcing the tv show poster and the fanart for *All Seasons.  Now, if you have  season-all-poster and  season-all-fanart images, which Kodi picks up without skin intervention, they will be shown properly in Amber.  If you do not, then for poster Amber will show the tv show poster, and for fanart, the tv show fanart.

The changes are already on GitHub.

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-04-29, 16:53)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-17, 01:05)tcclives23 Wrote: Hey Bart! Would it be possible to allow us to change the poster for "ALL SEASONS"?
@tcclives23 , my apologies for not answering this post sooner.  I have removed the code that was forcing the tv show poster and the fanart for *All Seasons.  Now, if you have  season-all-poster and  season-all-fanart images, which Kodi picks up without skin intervention, they will be shown properly in Amber.  If you do not, then for poster Amber will show the tv show poster, and for fanart, the tv show fanart.

Regards,

Bart
DAMN! That was quick! Haha is that both Matrix and Leia? Dumb Xbox still has Leia.
(2021-04-29, 16:56)tcclives23 Wrote:

Regards,

Bart
DAMN! That was quick! Haha is that both Matrix and Leia? Dumb Xbox still has Leia.
@tcclives23 , both.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-04-28, 23:11)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2021-04-22, 18:59)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-22, 17:34)Cyberdom Wrote: OK @bsoriano.

Here are the screenshots of the Goto function with Esturay.

Directly from the video by going to 1 minute for example :

From the OSD with the Info button going to 2 minutes for example:
@Cyberdom , thank you for these.  I have fixed this issue.  Please wait a couple of days for me to upload a new version to the Amber repo for Leia.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi @bsoriano.

I don't know if you were able to insert the fix for the Goto function from the OSD with the Info key but after a few tries, it still does not work.

1.  Option to Show Submenu only When Focused.  In the Horizontal menu, with this option enabled, the submenu will only appear when focused (pressing down from the main menu).  You can find the new setting here:

Is the "Show submenu only when focused" option available for Amber 3.2.131 Leia ? It is not displayed in Home Layout.

For show submenu :

(2021-04-28, 00:13)bsoriano Wrote: 2.  Options to Search by Plot for Movies/TV Shows/Episodes.  This has been added now to the search categories that you can choose.  You can enable these search categories here:

3.  Sideblade Search option in Media Views replaced with Amber Custom Search.  Now, when you select Search in the sideblade in media views, you will get Amber's custom search window.  This is a content-aware search like the default Kodi search, meaning that if you are in the Video library, the search results will not include music items, and if you are in the Music library, the search results will not include video items.

So, in the next screenshots, I selected Search from the sideblade and used "Flash" as the search item.  In the resulting custom search window, I am highlighting the Plot Containing results which are new in this version.

(2021-04-28, 00:13)bsoriano Wrote: 6.  Option to Show Title in Footer for Netlfix-style Fanart view.  Showing the title in the footer for Netflix-style Fanart view is now optional.  The default is that the title is NOT shown in the footer.  If you want it to show up, enable the option, like in the following screenshot:

(2021-04-28, 00:13)bsoriano Wrote: 7.  Short Weather Shelves.  I have implemented "short" weather shelves that only show 5 items.  You can find them here:

@Cyberdom , I thought I had fixed the issue of Go To, but it was not fixed.  The only way I can think of fixing it is to remove the buttons "Plot" and "Cast" when you press Info while playing a video.  I have included those changes, which do fix the issue, in GitHub.  They will be included in the next version.

As for the show submenu only when focused, this only applies to the horizontal menu.

Thanks for the translations; I have these strings that also need translation:

1. Surprise Me
2. Surprise Me (Movie)
3. Surprise Me (Episode)
4. Surprise Me (Music Video)
5. Hide Shelves when Now Playing is Visible
6. Use Artist Slideshow for Audio Fanart
7. Movies with Plot containing
8. TV Shows with Plot containing
9. Episodes with Plot containing

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-04-29, 16:56)tcclives23 Wrote:

Regards,

Bart
Perfect! Thanks Bart! I'll take a look at it tonight after work!
(2021-04-28, 18:22)Input1963 Wrote:

Thx
H.

Regards,

Bart

Thx
H.
@Input1963 , could you please try the latest from GitHub (Matrix only)? The changes are already there.  The new setting is here:

And as you requested, no info will be on the screen when you are forwarding or rewinding when this setting is enabled.  Please note that if the OSD is displayed (you pressed M or Menu while playing a video), the seekbar will be shown, and I do not want to change that behavior.  Also, if you press i (Info) while playing a video, the seekbar will be shown as well, and I do not plan on changing that behavior either.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-04-29, 17:56)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-28, 23:11)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2021-04-22, 18:59)bsoriano Wrote: @Cyberdom , thank you for these.  I have fixed this issue.  Please wait a couple of days for me to upload a new version to the Amber repo for Leia.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi @bsoriano.

For show submenu :

@Cyberdom , I thought I had fixed the issue of Go To, but it was not fixed.  The only way I can think of fixing it is to remove the buttons "Plot" and "Cast" when you press Info while playing a video.  I have included those changes, which do fix the issue, in GitHub.  They will be included in the next version.
OK, thank you @bsoriano.

(2021-04-29, 17:56)bsoriano Wrote: As for the show submenu only when focused, this only applies to the horizontal menu.
Exactly, I use the horizontal menu but the "Show submenu only when focused" option is not displayed in the Amber settings.

(2021-04-29, 17:56)bsoriano Wrote: Thanks for the translations; I have these strings that also need translation:

1. Surprise Me
2. Surprise Me (Movie)
3. Surprise Me (Episode)

Regards,

Bart
Here are the translations in French :
1. Surprise Me : Surprends-moi
2. Surprise Me (Movie) : Surprends-moi (Film)
3. Surprise Me (Episode) : Surprends-moi (Épisode)
4. Surprise Me (Music Video) : Surprends-moi (Vidéo musicale)
5. Hide Shelves when Now Playing is Visible : Masquer les étagères lorsque la lecture en cours est visible
6. Use Artist Slideshow for Audio Fanart : Utiliser le diaporama de l'artiste pour le fanart audio
7. Movies with Plot containing : Films avec intrigue contenant
8. TV Shows with Plot containing : Séries TV avec intrigue contenant
9. Episodes with Plot containing : Épisodes avec intrigue contenant
(2021-04-29, 21:25)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2021-04-29, 17:56)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-28, 23:11)Cyberdom Wrote: Hi @bsoriano.

For show submenu :

OK, thank you @bsoriano.

(2021-04-29, 17:56)bsoriano Wrote: As for the show submenu only when focused, this only applies to the horizontal menu.
Exactly, I use the horizontal menu but the "Show submenu only when focused" option is not displayed in the Amber settings.

(2021-04-29, 17:56)bsoriano Wrote: Thanks for the translations; I have these strings that also need translation:

1. Surprise Me
2. Surprise Me (Movie)
3. Surprise Me (Episode)

Regards,

Bart
Here are the translations in French :
1. Surprise Me : Surprends-moi
2. Surprise Me (Movie) : Surprends-moi (Film)
3. Surprise Me (Episode) : Surprends-moi (Épisode)
4. Surprise Me (Music Video) : Surprends-moi (Vidéo musicale)
5. Hide Shelves when Now Playing is Visible : Masquer les étagères lorsque la lecture en cours est visible
6. Use Artist Slideshow for Audio Fanart : Utiliser le diaporama de l'artiste pour le fanart audio
7. Movies with Plot containing : Films avec intrigue contenant
8. TV Shows with Plot containing : Séries TV avec intrigue contenant
9. Episodes with Plot containing : Épisodes avec intrigue contenant
@Cyberdom , thanks for the translations, they will be included in next week's version.

As for the show submenu only when focused, please try version 3.2.132 (it is already on the Amber repo).  I just verified, and the option is there:

Finally, one more string to translate:

1. Hide Seekbar when Forwarding or Rewinding

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Hello all,

I have just uploaded versions 3.2.132 (Leia) and 3.4.17 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  The highlights are:

1.  Play Random button in side menu for video media views.  There is a new button that will start playing random items from the container where you are at the moment.  The button only shows up if you have script.playrandomvideos installed and enabled.  This addon is in the Kodi repo, both for Leia and Matrix.

The button looks like this:

In my screenshot above, I am looking at tv shows, so when I click/select the button, it will start playing random episodes taken from all of the tv shows in my library.  If I go to a tv show, the button will play random episodes from that tv show.  If I go into a season, the button will start playing random episodes from that season.

The addon, written by @rmrector , has multiple configuration options, as you can see here:

2.  "Surprise Me" options for menu/submenu.  While looking into the functionality of Play Random, I decided to add "Surprise Me" options that you can configure as menu or submenu items.  The option for movie will play a random, unwatched movie from your library, the option for episode will do the same with a random, unwatched episode, and the option for music video will do the same with music video.  These new options do not need any addon present, they use new smart playlists added to the skin.  The options look like this when configuring a menu item or submenu item:

3.  Option to Hide the Seek bar when fast-forwarding or rewinding.  You can now choose to hide the seek bar when FF or RW.  This means that, when doing these operations, nothing will be shown on the screen, apart from the playing media.  The new option does not affect how the OSD or how info (not the info button, but pressing Info when playing media) are displayed.  In both cases, the seek bar will continue being shown.

The new option can be found here:

4.  Plot and Cast buttons removed when showing Info on playing video.  These buttons have been removed when pressing Info on a playing video.  I had to do this so that the Go to function (where you enter numbers for a time you wish to go to in the video) could work in this screen.  Thus, it looks like this now:

I realize some of you might have preferred to keep the buttons.  I apologize in advance, but I will not be making this an option.

As usual, there were miscellaneous fixes, and translations have been updated.

Please test and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
  • 195(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5