• 58(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
(2021-05-22, 19:26)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-05-22, 18:18)shakuyi Wrote: anyone else notice on 0.3.0i that settings are not saving? Everytime I start up Kodi after a successful exit I lose all channels and have to readd in the auto tune section

Edit: In fact sometimes I can never get through all the auto tune settings before it tries to auto tune and locks me out of configuring things.  Would be nice if it would wait to auto configure until I closed settings for reals. Then also if it could actually save what I wanted lol

Edit2: Sometimes the setting data is saved but is not properly reflected in the UI, the UI seems to show default auto tune categories but when I drill down to a autotune category it shows what I had just selected. Restarting Kodi results in all settings being wiped again though.

I have to refactor how I get settings, Kodi's API is sensitive to calls when using threading or calls from a loop. I'll fix the issue tonight.
Wow thank you so much for being so responsive and quick with fixing issues.  Its very much appreciative so thank you for that! I have been enjoying the experience so far and the upgrade is really nice. I dig that we can easily select auto tune channels too, very intuitive.
Hi Lunatixz,

I downloaded PseudoTV Live as a workaround because Kodi does not support Pause/Resume on Playlists/Folders. I have a lot of video courses on various subjects. Ussually a video course is a folder containing 1-20 sequential video lessons. I wanted to play the course and be able to stop anytime and resume couple days later from exact same minuteConfusedecond within the sequence of video lesson files. So far I didnt find a single Android app to support this "basic" feature - to Pause/Resume a playlist.

I play the videos on a TV using a Xiaomi Mi TV Stick (Androind 9 TV dongle similar to Google Fire TV Stick) I have the courses on a 3TB PC HDD with SAMBA sharing enabled.

This is what i do:

1) In Kodi File manager setup source smb://10.10.10.xxx pointing to the PC SAMBA share
- i can play individual videos in Kodi from the smb:// source subfolders - so SMB access works in Kodi
2) In PseudoTV Live iam able to use this SMB source in Channel 1
3) PseudoTV Live shows notification that its indexing the channel
4) I never see anything in "TV" section of Kodi

The Android TV stick has no memory so I need to use PseudoTV Live with network source (PC Samba). Does PseudoTV Live support videos on SMB shares ?
I dont know how to enable logging to see whats happening why I dont see anything in TV section of Kodi

Can you help me please thanks.
I tested several players for Android that support Samba (Kodi, VLC, Plex, Archos, Nova, MX) and none of them support pause/resume on PLAYLISTS / FOLDERS
So your addon looks like the only solution on the market !!!
(2021-05-21, 19:09)shakuyi Wrote:
(2021-05-21, 01:26)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-05-21, 00:14)shakuyi Wrote: Just started to dive into the new version. I love the new integration into the EPG. One thing that I had noticed is that all my audio only inside PTVL seems to be stuck on PCM even with pass through enabled.  Playing the same file outside of PTVL shows the correct audio format on my receiver.  Does anyone else see something like this? I am running the latest build as of this post. Not sure what data I would need to provide as the github issue does not have a template to fill out so I don't miss anything.  I have tried several different formats and they all seem to play in PCM.

This is odd... I've never seen this before; I can look into it, but first can you go through a few steps for me?

1. While playing PTVL open the OSD select settings, audio settings and double-check allow passthrough is enabled. if yes follow step 2.
2. Stop PTVL playback, change PTVLs playback method to playlists and repeat step 1.

Let me know if anything changes; thx
Yup that did the trick it is now allowing passthrough after following step 2, thank you for that Smile  Now that the correct audio format is used I noticed that the kodi loader symbol is forever left on the screen during PTVL playback lol.  Is that part of the PVR issue you mentioned later?  I can't even get to the OSD screen during playback but I am able to pause lol

Edit: I ended up switching themes and it seems the loader went away, I was on the stock theme and switched to Aura
Edit2: Nope still there from time to time

for anyone else seeing the issue where the loader is forever displayed, just hit the back button once.
Quote: 
I have to refactor how I get settings, Kodi's API is sensitive to calls when using threading or calls from a loop. I'll fix the issue tonight.
I tested just now with 0.3.0l and the situation is a lot better now as settings persists even after a restart, I am still unable to go through each and every auto tune category without it stopping to do some background task ( I would expect it to wait until the dialog closed but given the recent changes you had already made attempts to fix that Smile )
So I was fiddling about with things again later and I think I've identified what is going on but not at all certain what to do about the issue (aside from embarking upon a replacement of all my files of this type, that is) apparently the issue I'm having is more or less entirely restricted to my anime collection, which as much as possible I select for dual audio.  Unfortunately the default choices made by fansubbers seems to be to give a dual audio option but if you choose English then they only subtitle signs and other onscreen text and maybe the theme song.  I've played with settings in Kodi but for whatever reason I cannot seem to lock in the preferences to give me English audio and Japanese subtitles without it affecting other stuff.

Outside this incredibly niche situation the subtitles have been consistently working for me.  So I apologize for wasting your time on this, but I wanted to at least let you know what was going on.
I'm just reporting in that I personally am having no issues with the latest build. Obviously I'm not expecting a date or anything, but how close are we to channel interleaving? That's my last major wishlist item.
(2021-05-25, 07:08)jctennis Wrote: I'm just reporting in that I personally am having no issues with the latest build. Obviously I'm not expecting a date or anything, but how close are we to channel interleaving? That's my last major wishlist item.

Adv. Rules are pending, no ETA.

There are still some core technicals I'd like to address before moving the project forward.

I hope by July I can start pushing Advanced channel rules....
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Hi, I recently installed the addon works great, using the playlist feature and all. I was just curious.. where is the location for the logos? I would like to add some custom logos for some custom channels I want to make. Is it in Roaming? thanks in advance for the help!
(2021-05-28, 18:08)Caenx82 Wrote: Hi, I recently installed the addon works great, using the playlist feature and all. I was just curious.. where is the location for the logos? I would like to add some custom logos for some custom channels I want to make. Is it in Roaming? thanks in advance for the help!
It is in the Kodi user-data folder under the PTVL folder/cache/logo folder (sorry not home so I can't get the exact folder names)
(2021-05-28, 19:02)jctennis Wrote: It is in the Kodi user-data folder under the PTVL folder/cache/logo folder (sorry not home so I can't get the exact folder names)

well I went into the resource folder and found some logos there but not like ones for the major networks or anything, I had made a Cartoon Network channel and the logo appeared but yeah no luck yet finding it.
(2021-05-28, 21:40)Caenx82 Wrote:
(2021-05-28, 19:02)jctennis Wrote: It is in the Kodi user-data folder under the PTVL folder/cache/logo folder (sorry not home so I can't get the exact folder names)

well I went into the resource folder and found some logos there but not like ones for the major networks or anything, I had made a Cartoon Network channel and the logo appeared but yeah no luck yet finding it.
That's the correct spot... I've posted in the past concerning logos; I'll update the readme to include the same data...

Logos use two resources in the following order:
1. Logos found in the users "Centralized File Location" by default this is "addon_data\plugin.video.pseudotvlive\cache\logos"
2. Kodi image resource packs. Unless you plan to create your own personal pack and enable it under PseudoTV settings; it is not recommended you add logos manually to this location. They will be replaced/removed anytime the plugin is updated.

* all "custom" channel logo file names must match the channel name exactly as it appears in the guide.
** logo changes only appear when the m3u file is refreshed/updated automatically during background tasks.
(2021-05-28, 21:49)Lunatixz Wrote: That's the correct spot... I've posted in the past concerning logos; I'll update the readme to include the same data...

1. Logos found in the users "Centralized File Location" by default this is "addon_data\plugin.video.pseudotvlive\cache\logos"
2. Kodi image resource packs. Unless you plan to create your own personal pack and enable it under PseudoTV settings; it is not recommended you add logos manually to this location. They will be replaced/removed anytime the plugin is updated.

Any "custom" channel logos file names must match the channel name exactly as it appears in the guide....

that odd I checked the cache folder and it doesnt have a logos folder in it, would it be safe to create one?.
(2021-05-28, 22:17)Caenx82 Wrote:
(2021-05-28, 21:49)Lunatixz Wrote: That's the correct spot... I've posted in the past concerning logos; I'll update the readme to include the same data...

Any "custom" channel logos file names must match the channel name exactly as it appears in the guide....

that odd I checked the cache folder and it doesnt have a logos folder in it, would it be safe to create one?.

It 100% should have been created on its own; the fact it wasn't indicates something is wrong; make sure you have write permissions and double-check you have not changed the "Centralized File Location" under settings. Needless to say, if you have that is the new path to find the logos folder.
(2021-05-28, 22:30)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-05-28, 22:17)Caenx82 Wrote:

It 100% should have been created on its own; the fact it wasn't indicates something is wrong; make sure you have write permissions and double-check you have not changed the "Centralized File Location" under settings. Needless to say, if you have that is the new path to find the logos folder.
alright I'll check that out thanks for the help!
Is anyone else still having problems with channels disappearing?  The issue has been consistent for me across versions.

I've done a couple complete kodi re-configurations from scratch, and even tried disabling auto-updates of pseudo-tv thinking that the updates were causing the channel loss.

Unfortunately it still only last a day or two before I lose everything.

I tried using the channel backup/restore function.  It says "restore 74 channels from last backup: unknown" but fails to restore.

Lunatixz:  If I create logs for this, what logs would you need?  During creation of channels, the shutdown of kodi, or the re-start when everything is gone?  I'm back on the latest version now.
Hi Lunatixz,
Have been playing around with this fantastic plugin for awhile now, and have not run into any problems until now.
I have a problem with the xml,m3u import function, it's ignored when Pseudo TV creates its EPG.
My xml & EPG work perfectly with PVR IPTV simple client, it worked in previous update.
Just to add i am using IPTV merge for the xml & EPG.
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4