• 5(current)
Release Full bluray and 4k uhd bluray menu support for Android
(2021-06-10, 12:04)fandangos Wrote: My git is only to show the changes needed, don't use it as the entire libbluray.
Use the one Kodi uses and add the changes.

So @Maven has managed to compile a 19.1 build with working bluray menus here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v3sbnts0gkzt1...a?dl=0&lst=

(it's still a test build with a different package name though)

However, there's one thing that's not working and that is the OK and arrow buttons while playing back the movie. On your build the OK button will popup the OSD and the arrow keys will skip as usual.

But in Maven's build these buttons don't do anything.

Did you do any "magic" in your build like modifying some XML file for the key mapping?
(2021-06-11, 18:44)MrMagic Wrote:
(2021-06-10, 12:04)fandangos Wrote: My git is only to show the changes needed, don't use it as the entire libbluray.
Use the one Kodi uses and add the changes.

So @Maven has managed to compile a 19.1 build with working bluray menus here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v3sbnts0gkzt1...a?dl=0&lst=

(it's still a test build with a different package name though)

However, there's one thing that's not working and that is the OK and arrow buttons while playing back the movie. On your build the OK button will popup the OSD and the arrow keys will skip as usual.

But in Maven's build these buttons don't do anything.

Did you do any "magic" in your build like modifying some XML file for the key mapping?

Negative.

What I did was another approach to the chapter skip bug.
Later Da-anda took over and made what I believe is a more correct way of solving the problem.
The code follow more the guidelines that is expected by team kodi.
As I always said I'm very noob at C++.

So it might be possible that my solution is the reason BUT....

If you ask maven to use it and remove da-anda any time he tries to update it will result in conflicts with kodi main code.

Even with my own code it's not possible to use this anymore because of conflicts.
Can someone explain to me how I do this on the Shield? I would love to see the Bluray menus
(2021-06-12, 00:55)fandangos Wrote: Even with my own code it's not possible to use this anymore because of conflicts.

So if I understand correctly this basically means that from Matrix 19.1 onwards, your changes for full blu-ray menus on Android will not work properly anymore? Due to the fact that you used a "hacky" way to work around a navigation bug that is no longer feasible?

That would be a shame... Guess we have to continue using your 19.0 build for blu-ray menus then Smile
(2021-06-15, 00:26)MrMagic Wrote:
(2021-06-12, 00:55)fandangos Wrote: Even with my own code it's not possible to use this anymore because of conflicts.

So if I understand correctly this basically means that from Matrix 19.1 onwards, your changes for full blu-ray menus on Android will not work properly anymore? Due to the fact that you used a "hacky" way to work around a navigation bug that is no longer feasible?

That would be a shame... Guess we have to continue using your 19.0 build for blu-ray menus then Smile

A hacky way? ffs..
Like if I stole the code from an open source project and used it to do something it shouldn't? lol

No.
My way of fixing the chapter skip bug had code in both the videoplayer.cpp and the InputStreamBluray.
Da-and solution was able to fix this by having all the code insixe InputStreamBluray since it's a bluray problem so it's best to avoid touching code that's used for a ton of other stuff because you don't know what you could end up breaking.

Also, this pull request was open for sometime and my child was born in the meantime so I couldn't work on it anymore.

For this 2 reasons I figure it would be best to use his code.

The reason it's not feasible anymore is:

1. I deleted my code. So I don't have a backup on GitHub for it any more.

2. In github if you change part of code that someone else changed too it will cause a conflict because github, when merging, has no idea what to use.
You would have to solve this conflict manually everytime.

The chapter skip solution proposed by da-anda was tested on other platforms like windows and it worked flawlessly.
It wasn't tested on android but since it is the same code for both it should work.

So, there might be more to it.
Like, we have no idea what kind of changes Maven use in his build and something could break it.

The thing is, it does work for windows, it should work for android.
Absolute no input being passed to the disc is not the expected behavior and it's only present on Maven's build.

Try 19.1 on windows with bd-j and test if the input keys work.
If it does the problem is with his build.
@MrMagic

Ask maven to remove the changes he made here:

https://github.com/Maven85/kodi/commit/f...2541044aa1

Ask him to remove the changes on
DVDvideoCodecMediaCodedAndroid.cpp
And
VideoPlayer.cpp

Leave the changes as is on
PlataformAndroid.cpp
This is essential for it to work.

Check if the buttons are working again.
Check if the menus are stuttering during background video playback.
(2021-06-15, 12:07)fandangos Wrote: A hacky way? ffs..
Like if I stole the code from an open source project and used it to do something it shouldn't? lol

I didn't mean to offend you, I put "hacky" between quotes for a reason lol. It's just because you said that Da-anda provided a more correct way of solving the problem and you are a "noob at C++" to quote your own words Smile

Regardless, I respect what you did very much. It's very cool to have blu-ray menus with Java working on Android and sofar you're the only one who got this working.

Thanks for your other answer, I will point @Maven to it on the other forum.
(2021-06-15, 12:07)fandangos Wrote: Absolute no input being passed to the disc is not the expected behavior and it's only present on Maven's build.

Sorry for the two replies so quickly after each other. But I think the issue is the other way around. All input is being passed to the disc, because I can still get into the disc menu while playing. What doesn't work is getting to the Kodi OSD by pressing the OK button and your method of long-pressing the play/pause button to switch between the two modes doesn't work either.
(2021-06-15, 13:49)MrMagic Wrote:
(2021-06-15, 12:07)fandangos Wrote: Absolute no input being passed to the disc is not the expected behavior and it's only present on Maven's build.

Sorry for the two replies so quickly after each other. But I think the issue is the other way around. All input is being passed to the disc, because I can still get into the disc menu while playing. What doesn't work is getting to the Kodi OSD by pressing the OK button and your method of long-pressing the play/pause button to switch between the two modes doesn't work either.

Ahhhh...

So that's the expected behavior.
Maven doesn't need to change anything.

When discussing this with da-anda it was my idea to keep the inputs to the disc only.
Since we have other playback methods like main movie only when playing a disc it will behave the same way as a regular bluray player when playing full disc mode.

Because the shield has so few buttons this might be a problem but trust me this is the best method.
Some discs start reading before videoplayer start it's playback.
This is a very very complicated problem to solve.
Because of that some discs would not receive any input at all this way we ensure every disc gets the input from the user.

What I would recommend is finding some button combo to bring kodi osd with some xml modification.

Or if I remember correctly holding play for a few seconds will bring the kodi osd and you can use it.
I compiled an apk with a different package name, and after installing the java addon, when I set "show blu-ray menu", it says "there was an error encountered loading java", and BD-J menu does't work. What should I do?
(2021-06-19, 14:26)tanshuihualin Wrote: I compiled an apk with a different package name, and after installing the java addon, when I set "show blu-ray menu", it says "there was an error encountered loading java", and BD-J menu does't work. What should I do?

Read the 10 or 15 posts before yours.

It's not JUST the changes made in kodi code that's needed.
(2021-06-19, 14:51)fandangos Wrote:
(2021-06-19, 14:26)tanshuihualin Wrote: I compiled an apk with a different package name, and after installing the java addon, when I set "show blu-ray menu", it says "there was an error encountered loading java", and BD-J menu does't work. What should I do?

Read the 10 or 15 posts before yours.

It's not JUST the changes made in kodi code that's needed.
I copied all files except bootstrap to libbluray.tar.bz2, it worked. Thanks a lot.
Thank you very much for the work on this.  I've followed the instructions on the first post to get this running on my Shield Pro 2019, but when I open the index.bdmv and click on "Show Blu-ray Menu" Kodi hangs indefinitely with the concentric blue rings spinning, or just crashes entirely.  I have tried this on 2 different full disc folders with BDJ menus.  Has anyone else ran into this issue?
(2021-07-20, 20:08)supernaut1 Wrote: Thank you very much for the work on this.  I've followed the instructions on the first post to get this running on my Shield Pro 2019, but when I open the index.bdmv and click on "Show Blu-ray Menu" Kodi hangs indefinitely with the concentric blue rings spinning, or just crashes entirely.  I have tried this on 2 different full disc folders with BDJ menus.  Has anyone else ran into this issue?

This is a memory issue, sometimes i have to launch twice I have the tube shield and getting enough memory for this to work reliably is a constant battle.
(2021-07-20, 20:19)dcsmith Wrote:
(2021-07-20, 20:08)supernaut1 Wrote: Thank you very much for the work on this.  I've followed the instructions on the first post to get this running on my Shield Pro 2019, but when I open the index.bdmv and click on "Show Blu-ray Menu" Kodi hangs indefinitely with the concentric blue rings spinning, or just crashes entirely.  I have tried this on 2 different full disc folders with BDJ menus.  Has anyone else ran into this issue?

This is a memory issue, sometimes i have to launch twice I have the tube shield and getting enough memory for this to work reliably is a constant battle.

Ah ok, that might explain it then.  Does force quitting other apps make a difference at all?  Also, aside from a USB stick plugged in the back, I haven't added any additional storage, is that going to make a difference if I'm trying to open a BD50 disc?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full bluray and 4k uhd bluray menu support for Android0