• 42(current)
Release Kodi Screen Reader (Text to speech)
Unfortunately the Kodi screenreader service does not work in Kodi 19 at all. Maybe the screenreader has to be refreshed for Kodi 19, because the current service cannot be added , kodi sais that the addon is not compatible with this version, that means not compatible with Kodi 19. Is there anyone who can make a new screenreader addon for Kodi 19. The problems appears in Windows and Linux.
Hello,

It's still not release quality but today I've updated comtypes to 1.1.9 correctly using python 3 compatible variant.
The addon can now be used on windows with sapi backend.
Next I'll look into NVDA backend. Perhaps placing its client library in the correct location will turn to be enough.

Links to the repos with my code is at the previous page.

Greetings

Peter
(2021-03-21, 22:47)pvagner Wrote: Hello,

It's still not release quality but today I've updated comtypes to 1.1.9 correctly using python 3 compatible variant.
The addon can now be used on windows with sapi backend.
Next I'll look into NVDA backend. Perhaps placing its client library in the correct location will turn to be enough.

Links to the repos with my code is at the previous page.

Greetings

Peter

Hello. Are you planning to make availability on android? I also use kodi on android and I'm sorry that there doesn't work this supplement.
Hello!

Does anyone know if there will be a stable addon for linux platforms? Currently I am using LibreELEC. I'm not sure if I should update to a version with Kodi 19 or keep Kodi 18 for the time beeing.

I don't know much about Python, but is 3.0 so different than 2.0 so that it is not backwards compatible?

Regards!
Hi all,

@
Hi all,

@pvagner, I'm trying to use your updated XBMCTTS add-on under MacOS via Kodi 19.1, however, I'm getting an error:

Error Type: <class 'ModuleNotFoundError'>
                                                   Error Contents: No module named 'audioop'
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "/Users/Flameborn/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/service.xbmc.tts/main.py", line 39, in <module>
                                                       main()
                                                     File "/Users/Flameborn/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/service.xbmc.tts/main.py", line 35, in main
                                                       from service import startService
                                                     File "/Users/Flameborn/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/service.xbmc.tts/service.py", line 10, in <module>
                                                       from lib import backends
                                                     File "/Users/Flameborn/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/service.xbmc.tts/lib/backends/__init__.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                       from .base import LogOnlyTTSBackend
                                                     File "/Users/Flameborn/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/service.xbmc.tts/lib/backends/base.py", line 4, in <module>
                                                       from . import audio
                                                     File "/Users/Flameborn/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/service.xbmc.tts/lib/backends/audio/__init__.py", line 2, in <module>
                                                       import os, sys, subprocess, wave, hashlib, threading, shutil, errno
                                                     File "/Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Libraries/lib/python3.8/wave.py", line 85, in <module>
                                                       import audioop
                                                   ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'audioop'

I've found audioop in general, but it seems like this is more of a Kodi issue to me. Any idea how to import audioop, i.e. where to put it, etc?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Is there any update on a working version of this for Windows Kodi 19?
hi every one. i'm running catalina what's the current situation with the kodi screen reeder and latest version of kodi on mac os10? if its not working with the current version of kodi is there another version i can use with catalina in the meen time? thanks for your help everyone Smile
Hello Peter, please upload/push your current working addon to your github repository. with the last updates I can't run TTTS with Kodi 19.3. best regards
Hi
Has a stable windows version been released? I am waiting for this to update Kodi. I can't wait, thank you to everyone who are making this. Will it be in the oficial kodi repo?
Hello,
I have integrated the current version of the screen reader into a portable Kodi 19.3 for Windows. So far it runs stably. This can be used well in everyday life.

How to / Manual:
download both git repositories with git and switch to the respective branch for Python 3.

https://github.com/pvagner/service.xbmc.tts/
https://github.com/pvagner/backends

then you copy the contents of the backends folder into the service.xbmc.tts / lib / backends folder.
Then start Kodi 19 and activate the screen reader addon.

have fun and best Regards
thank you. Will try that right away
(2021-12-19, 23:14)vbprofi Wrote: Hello,
I have integrated the current version of the screen reader into a portable Kodi 19.3 for Windows. So far it runs stably. This can be used well in everyday life.
This is working great, but I'm getting an error message every time I open a new AddOn.

Error 'BusyDialogReader' has no attribute '__next__'
Hi
is there an easier way of installing it? I'm not really good with git and python and that kinda stuff.
(2021-12-22, 00:54)Amethyst Wrote: Hi
is there an easier way of installing it? I'm not really good with git and python and that kinda stuff.

Go to the pvagner/service.xbmc.tts Python 3 branch
https://github.com/pvagner/service.xbmc.tts/tree/2to3

Click on Code, Download ZIP, and download the file named service.xbmc.tts-2to3.zip

Go to the pvagner/backends Python 3 branch
https://github.com/pvagner/backends/tree/2to3

Click on Code, Download ZIP, and download the file named backends-2to3.zip

Start Kodi

Go to Add-ons, Install from ZIP file, choose the file named service.xbmc.tts-2to3.zip

Exit Kodi

Extract the file named backends-2to3.zip
Copy the contents to the folder named C:\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.xbmc.tts\lib\backends
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Screen Reader (Text to speech)10