kodi 17.6 hangs during library scanning
Hi,
I have now installed Kodi 19.1 on a USB drive. Probably a very slow one because Kodi is very slow and the movie art is very slow for showing up as well. i think that is because of the drive.
I have scanned 1 library with 395 movies but only 93 shows up in Kodi. The database is The Movie Database Phyton. It is the same problem I had previous. The link to the log file is here: https://paste.kodi.tv/jojaxolaxu
I hope I did that correct about the log file? I did not find it on C or on the USB drive where I have installed Kodi.
Is it possible to attach pictures here?
(2021-07-21, 19:18)Captor Wrote: Kodi 19.1 on a USB drive. Probably a very slow one
Yup.. very slow indeed, your choice.
(2021-07-21, 19:18)Captor Wrote: correct about the log file
Log File is located: G:\Kodi v. 19.1\Kodi\portable_data\kodi.log
(2021-07-21, 19:18)Captor Wrote: scanned 1 library with 395 movies but only 93 shows
Likely, you have the movie titles as torrent downloads. Naming video files/Movies (wiki) It's all in the nomenclature. Kodi is running fine.
(2021-07-21, 10:40)Captor Wrote: I still have 17.6
You might want to try to export the library of this iteration to separate files, I'm not sure Matrix will pull in the .nfo but you might get a bigger percentage of hits.
(2021-07-21, 10:05)Captor Wrote: Which worked perfect with 17.6.
No need to upgrade if you don't need the features, not sure if the scrapers will be that far backward compatible and without scrapes your collection will stagnate.

Suggest a media manager that has renaming capabilities, bit less work than renaming & scraping each individual video.
(2021-07-21, 10:05)Captor Wrote: Maybe it is time for me to turn my back to Kodi as it starts to be complicated
Proper naming video's isn't complicated, volunteer moderators are here to help those who want to help themselves.
@Captor

Just as an example: Why.Stop.Now.2012.LIMITED.1080p.BluRay.x264-SPARKS.mkv

Do you really need all that 'info' on all your movie files?
Try renaming a movie without all that stuff, as it doesn't make things easier for scrapers.
E.g. Why Stop Now.mkv

I remove all that baggage, and my videos scrape just fine. All the metadata will be stored in the Kodi video database.
(2021-07-21, 21:24)PatK Wrote:
(2021-07-21, 19:18)Captor Wrote: Kodi 19.1 on a USB drive. Probably a very slow one
(2021-07-21, 19:18)Captor Wrote: scanned 1 library with 395 movies but only 93 shows
Likely, you have the movie titles as torrent downloads. Naming video files/Movies (wiki) It's all in the nomenclature. Kodi is running fine.
You might want to try to export the library of this iteration to separate files, I'm not sure Matrix will pull in the .nfo but you might get a bigger percentage of hits.
No need to upgrade if you don't need the features, not sure if the scrapers will be that far backward compatible and without scrapes your collection will stagnate.

Suggest a media manager that has renaming capabilities, bit less work than renaming & scraping each individual video.
(2021-07-21, 10:05)Captor Wrote: Maybe it is time for me to turn my back to Kodi as it starts to be complicated
Proper naming video's isn't complicated, volunteer moderators are here to help those who want to help themselves.
(2021-07-21, 23:32)Captor Wrote:
(2021-07-21, 21:24)PatK Wrote:

Yes I have the movie titles as torrents downloads but the names are always reflecting the real movie names and Kodi 17.6 could scan them. Why not the later Kodis? What happend? Kodi is running different.
<general>: No information found for item 'D:\Movies\Logan.2017.1080p.BluRay.x264-BLOW[EtHD]\blow-logan.2017.1080p.bluray.x264[EtHD].mkv', it won't be added to the library.
From that path, kodi is looking for...
<general>: using title of blow-logan to find movie

Is there a movie named "blow-logan"? Why do you add all that garbage to the folder and filename?

In your Source setting, enable setting 5d (and try to clean up your folder names as already stated by two other team members)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-07-21, 21:38)Klojum Wrote: @Captor

Try renaming a movie without all that stuff, as it doesn't make things easier for scrapers.
E.g. Why Stop Now.mkv

I remove all that baggage, and my videos scrape just fine. All the metadata will be stored in the Kodi video database.

They had that names when downloaded them. It's not me giving them the names. By the way I did tried to rename some movies last time I tried with newer version of Kodii and that did not work still. Has this change about this function (scan, scraping) in Kodi something to do with fear of the anti piracy movement?
(2021-07-21, 23:46)Karellen Wrote: <general>: No information found for item 'D:\Movies\Logan.2017.1080p.BluRay.x264-BLOW[EtHD]\blow-logan.2017.1080p.bluray.x264[EtHD].mkv', it won't be added to the library.

Is there a movie named "blow-logan"? Why do you add all that garbage to the folder and filename?

In your Source setting, enable setting 5d (and try to clean up your folder names as already stated by two other team members)
It´s now me that gave the movie that names. I just downloaded them. And it was never a problem before....
Thanks for the attached settings and your effort! I will try them. I let you know.
(2021-07-21, 23:52)Captor Wrote: It´s now me that gave the movie that names. I just downloaded them. And it was never a problem before....
Yep, I guessed that is what is happening, but... it doesn't mean that you can't clean them. Download them, rename them.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

E.g. Why Stop Now.mkv

Just to add here that I'd suggest putting the year in brackets after the movie name, eg Why Stop Now (2012).mkv.  That will help the scraper(s) hit the right movies where there are multiple possibilities e.g. there are two versions of The Jazz Singer Al Jolson in 1927 and Neil Diamond in 1980.

All that other cruft in the filename isn't needed as Kodi is perfectly capable of detecting the resolution, aspect ratio, video and audio codecs etc.  Indeed, as you have found out, it just breaks proper scraping of your files.  As the other have said, fix your filenames and fix your issue.  Or, use a third party media manager to generate nfo files for all your stuff first and then scrape it.

Basically, you need to put in a little effort to get the best experience, but as it's only costing you some time why wouldn't you?
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2021-07-22, 10:37)black_eagle Wrote:

E.g. Why Stop Now.mkv

Just to add here that I'd suggest putting the year in brackets after the movie name, eg Why Stop Now (2012).mkv.  That will help the scraper(s) hit the right movies where there are multiple possibilities e.g. there are two versions of The Jazz Singer Al Jolson in 1927 and Neil Diamond in 1980.

All that other cruft in the filename isn't needed as Kodi is perfectly capable of detecting the resolution, aspect ratio, video and audio codecs etc.  Indeed, as you have found out, it just breaks proper scraping of your files.  As the other have said, fix your filenames and fix your issue.  Or, use a third party media manager to generate nfo files for all your stuff first and then scrape it.

Basically, you need to put in a little effort to get the best experience, but as it's only costing you some time why wouldn't you?
Hi, I understand your point of view. But as I mentioned before this all worked before in the old 17.6 so why should i upgrade as long as Kodi 17.6 is working to a downgraded (about scrapers) newer software? I can use that time for watching movies instead. We are talking about 2000+ movies + TV-shows that I not mentioned before. As PatK said here before no need to upgrade if I not need the features. I still don´t know all the features in 19.1. Is there for example better video or sound quality? If not then I can stick with 17.6.
The day when 17.6 is not working anymore and this is not fixed (back) in the newer Kodi's then I need to find another software. Or I have to accept that scrapers not works in full in Kodi anymore. If scrapers works in full in another software then I will change. Simple as that. But for now I am still trying to make 19.1 to work. And if video or sound quality is the same then it is no hurry for me to change now that 17.6 is working fine.
But you are having problems with 17.6.
(2021-07-21, 23:46)Karellen Wrote: <general>: No information found for item 'D:\Movies\Logan.2017.1080p.BluRay.x264-BLOW[EtHD]\blow-logan.2017.1080p.bluray.x264[EtHD].mkv', it won't be added to the library.

Dear Karellen, I ahve now tried out the settings in you excellent explanation and now Kodi came up with 96 movies instead for 93. So it seem not giving a better result. The difference was 5d which I did not activated before but I have done now. I am now trying out another scraper in 5b to The Movie Database (not Python). In progress now. I think it will not give a better result. After that I will try other settings. If I want to uninstall this portable Kodi 19.1. Are there any files that have been created in C:\ ? Or can I just pull out the USB-stick. Maybe better doing a proper uninstall?
(2021-07-22, 12:22)Hitcher Wrote: But you are having problems with 17.6.
Hi, thanks for answering, yes I had for about 12 hours but then next morning it worked again and has done since then. In the evening when it not worked about scraping I tried to delete and add the movie sources again with no success. But the next morning when I started the computer again it worked fine! So maybe the problem was in my network? But I had internet access all the time and the other PC's internet connection worked fine too. So I really don't know what happen. Normally it use to be human error but I think not this time. I just started computer + Kodi and nothing. Next day same started computer + Kodi and worked. So right now all is sunshine:-)
I am now just exploring 19.1 for fun and of course if that work well then I would change. But it seams like scraping only work if I put down a lot of work renaming all movies.
(2021-07-22, 12:23)Captor Wrote: If I want to uninstall this portable Kodi 19.1. Are there any files that have been created in C:\ ? Or can I just pull out the USB-stick. Maybe better doing a proper uninstall?
Just pull out the USB Stick. Or delete the folder where you installed Kodi. All the files are created in there.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi 17.6 hangs during library scanning0