• 242(current)
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded
(2021-09-07, 21:19)Tired Dad Wrote:
(2021-09-07, 18:34)beatmasterrs Wrote: As always, thanks for your detailed bug report Smile I was able to reproduce the issue, you've mentioned Smile I had unfortunately forgotten to test everything...

Please test the latest master:

https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...master.zip

I tested the new master, it still does not allow each profile to have its own colours like you could previously Smile

Previously? I have not made any changes to colorsettings
Would it be possible to move the episodes to the bottom of the screen in fanart flix view and the posters poster flix when you have no media flags or clock displaying? I dont like the look of the media flahs but if you turn them off it is just a 4th of the screen doing nothing and would look better of the posters/fanart got pushed down to fill the space. I know this probably isnt possible but thought I would ask. Thanks for the work on the skin.
(2021-09-07, 21:27)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-09-07, 21:19)Tired Dad Wrote:
(2021-09-07, 18:34)beatmasterrs Wrote: As always, thanks for your detailed bug report Smile I was able to reproduce the issue, you've mentioned Smile I had unfortunately forgotten to test everything...

Please test the latest master:

https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...master.zip

I tested the new master, it still does not allow each profile to have its own colours like you could previously Smile

Previously? I have not made any changes to colorsettings
Version 1.1.56SP2 works fine, each user profile keeps their colour settings. 

I think but haven't confirmed that when I log into a profile and change the colours (e.g. logo, gradient, etc) and then log out, those changes are saves to the settings.xml file of the "AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.arctic.zephyr.mod" folder and not the "C:\Users\sandp\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\profiles\[user]\addon_data\skin.arctic.zephyr.mod"  folder.

I'll check tomorrow and let you know.
Hey guys, I think I found a bug with this skin where I am not able to play any video (either movie or tv show) from the "Information" context page of any show or movie.  When I hit "Play" from the Information context page for an episode or movie, Kodi will throw an error saying "Failed to play game - The required files can't be found"  and then Kodi will crash.   If I change the default behavior in video settings to automatically play a file when selected (instead of go to Information), the show will play just fine.   But then even when I manually go to "Information" context page (long press on nvidia shield remote and select Information about that show), and then hit Play from that page, it will again crash with the same error from that screen.

This only happens using this skin, as I can switch to the default or any other skin and it works just fine.  I have tried updating Kodi to latest, and pulled latest master zip for this skin as well, but I get the same behavior.   It's easily reproduceable.    Can anyone else verify on their end?
(2021-09-08, 06:32)hashofet Wrote: Hey guys, I think I found a bug with this skin where I am not able to play any video (either movie or tv show) from the "Information" context page of any show or movie.  When I hit "Play" from the Information context page for an episode or movie, Kodi will throw an error saying "Failed to play game - The required files can't be found"  and then Kodi will crash.   If I change the default behavior in video settings to automatically play a file when selected (instead of go to Information), the show will play just fine.   But then even when I manually go to "Information" context page (long press on nvidia shield remote and select Information about that show), and then hit Play from that page, it will again crash with the same error from that screen.

This only happens using this skin, as I can switch to the default or any other skin and it works just fine.  I have tried updating Kodi to latest, and pulled latest master zip for this skin as well, but I get the same behavior.   It's easily reproduceable.    Can anyone else verify on their end?

What content do you try to play? Please provide a full debug log, thanks.
Great skin! Rofl

It will this replacing my beloved Eminence MOD skin.

One thing (sry if already asked) is with the Music OSD. If its playing i see in the middle of the screen the title and directly bottom the artist in smaller font size.
If its a longer artist name it gets unreadable.
RPi3 | RPi4 | LibreElec Kodi
(2021-09-08, 14:14)nojoe Wrote: Great skin! Rofl

One thing (sry if already asked) is with the Music OSD. If its playing i see in the middle of the screen the title and directly bottom the artist in smaller font size.

Could you please provide a screenshot, of what you mean? Smile
(2021-09-07, 23:05)reitenth Wrote: Would it be possible to move the episodes to the bottom of the screen in fanart flix view and the posters poster flix when you have no media flags or clock displaying? I dont like the look of the media flahs but if you turn them off it is just a 4th of the screen doing nothing and would look better of the posters/fanart got pushed down to fill the space. I know this probably isnt possible but thought I would ask. Thanks for the work on the skin.

Certainly it is possible, but

- it would not fit to the overall skin design language
- the plot would have to be bigger, which would lead to more conditions in the skin code

Thanks for your request anyway Smile
(2021-09-08, 14:41)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-09-08, 14:14)nojoe Wrote: Great skin! Rofl

Could you please provide a screenshot, of what you mean? Smile
OK, next time i see it.

Some feature request if i correct and didn't find it.

I'm using weather as fullscreen widget.
Custom weather icons possible?
Hiding the background in forecast of the days?

In weather widget fullscreen there are extra Infos but really hard to read.

I will provide screenshot with exclamation.
😁
So here comes...

Music OSD title reading not possible...

Why is in settings and many other places the font color of the focus bar white (correct)?

..and in the media list not. There is the font color grey and also sometimes hard to read.

Some places in the fullscreen weather widget also hard to read except the background image is really dark
(2021-09-08, 17:23)nojoe Wrote: So here comes...

Thanks for the explanation, that helps me a lot Smile

(2021-09-08, 17:23)nojoe Wrote: Music OSD title reading not possible...

Should be fixed in the latest master and is already on github.

(2021-09-08, 17:23)nojoe Wrote: Why is in settings and many other places the font color of the focus bar white (correct)?

..and in the media list not. There is the font color grey and also sometimes hard to read.

In the original arctic: zephyr skin only the focused bars within the dialogs/settings/menus were colored and the label color white. In list views the focus bar color is white or dark, so it's not easy to implement a color customization for that. I only added the color setting for these type of focus bars, that you have mentioned, why a user has asked for this a long time ago...

(2021-09-08, 17:23)nojoe Wrote: Some places in the fullscreen weather widget also hard to read except the background image is really dark

I know that, but i have not found a way to improve that... The weather icons you can set in the settings dialog in the weather window itself. The weather window opens, when you click on a weather widget item.

First of all great skin. One of the things preventing me from jumping to Matrix was that i couldn't imagine not having arctic zephyr which i absolutely loved. This version fits the bill. I just have a few questions. I have been going through the options trying to customzie it to my liking and i just cannot locate some options (im sure im just looking in the wrong places)
1. end time for movies/ tv shows - how can i make it display in the library view what time the movie will actually end if i start watching now?
2. Media info view for tv shows - can i hide the poster displayed on the left hand side and keep the episode information from the right? - Edit: Found a view that actually looks like that by default - There's a lot of options!
3. Information for media displayed on the bottom - is there a way to make the icons smaller and display them on the right?
4. for media views - is there a way to toggle mirror views? i.e. on Media info in the current format - Poster on the right and episode information on the left Edit: Same as above - that view has it all!
5. home screen icons view - is there a way to change the size of the cons to smaller, center align and remove the divider bars between icons?

thanks in advance for all the help! And yes, i tried searching for answers in this thread but couldn't find it.
(2021-09-08, 07:58)beatmasterrs Wrote: t content do you try to play? Please provide a full debug log, thanks.

Figured out how to create the debug log.   You can view it here

You can see I opened the .mkv file successfully first, then I opened it from the "Information" context page and it fails and crashes Kodi.  One thing to note, I am using the Kodinerds Maven latest version so that Dolby Vision will work.   I'm not sure if that is relevant to this or not.  Like I mentioned before, I don't have any issues with any other skins, just this one on this specific page.    Let me know if I can provide any more info.
(2021-09-08, 18:10)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-09-08, 17:23)nojoe Wrote: So here comes...

Thanks for the explanation, that helps me a lot Smile

(2021-09-08, 17:23)nojoe Wrote: Music OSD title reading not possible...

Should be fixed in the latest master and is already on github.

(2021-09-08, 17:23)nojoe Wrote: Why is in settings and many other places the font color of the focus bar white (correct)?

In the original arctic: zephyr skin only the focused bars within the dialogs/settings/menus were colored and the label color white. In list views the focus bar color is white or dark, so it's not easy to implement a color customization for that. I only added the color setting for these type of focus bars, that you have mentioned, why a user has asked for this a long time ago...

(2021-09-08, 17:23)nojoe Wrote: Some places in the fullscreen weather widget also hard to read except the background image is really dark

I know that, but i have not found a way to improve that... The weather icons you can set in the settings dialog in the weather window itself. The weather window opens, when you click on a weather widget item.

1: Great to hear there is a fix already for the Music OSD

2: Ok, understand. Maybe if i have a little time i look into the skin files. Maybe i find something. Has also tweaked the Eminence MOD by my self a lot.

3: Same as 2: I'll look into the skin files.
3b: Ahhh.. a hidden weather options panel, found this bastard, thx! Laugh
(2021-09-08, 18:27)hashofet Wrote:
(2021-09-08, 07:58)beatmasterrs Wrote: t content do you try to play? Please provide a full debug log, thanks.

Figured out how to create the debug log.   You can view it here

You can see I opened the .mkv file successfully first, then I opened it from the "Information" context page and it fails and crashes Kodi.  One thing to note, I am using the Kodinerds Maven latest version so that Dolby Vision will work.   I'm not sure if that is relevant to this or not.  Like I mentioned before, I don't have any issues with any other skins, just this one on this specific page.    Let me know if I can provide any more info.

Thank you. Could you please test this version here: https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...atch-3.zip ?
  • 242(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded11