• 6(current)
Atmos Audio Dropouts with UHD-BD
I'm about to try Maven's build and will report back. Thanks.
(2021-08-16, 23:42)ToddUGA Wrote: Sad to hear that the developers seem not to care about the issue.

Since when did we say we didn't care?

We currently don't have any Android specific developers.
I can report Maven’s build still has the dropouts.
@ToddUGA

• Can I ask which movie in which audio/video quality?
• Do you have drop outs with only one movie, with specific movies or with all?
• Do you have drop outs only with Dolby Atmos (TrueHD), with specific or with any other audio format?
• What’s your hardware setup?
• What are your Kodi settings?
• Did you also try the build of @supertoto1977 ?

Regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2021-10-10, 15:04)Hitcher Wrote:
(2021-08-16, 23:42)ToddUGA Wrote: Sad to hear that the developers seem not to care about the issue.

But since the issue is NOT Android specific, and actually a KODI issue it actually seems that you in fact don’t care, since this issue is years old and 2 versions later.

Sorry to say that for us that use hd audio, kodi is dying
(2021-10-10, 16:13)spl147 Wrote:
(2021-10-10, 15:04)Hitcher Wrote:

But since the issue is NOT Android specific, and actually a KODI issue it actually seems that you in fact don’t care, since this issue is years old and 2 versions later.

it is kodi on android specific, since it doesn't happen on other platforms/OS
(2021-10-10, 17:32)wsnipex Wrote:
(2021-10-10, 16:13)spl147 Wrote:
(2021-10-10, 15:04)Hitcher Wrote: Since when did we say we didn't care?

it is kodi on android specific, since it doesn't happen on other platforms/OS

Atmos/truehd Audio dropouts happen on ALL platforms
There are some of the new TrueHD encodings, which have larger framesizes and only on average are within the amount that kodi allows. That's a kodi IEC packaging / Parser / Syncer bug on all versions, yes - though this has zero to do with "normal" TrueHD / Atmos Drop-Outs.

Sadly - with all the "me toos" every thread in the last 2 years went nuts at a certain point.

Message is still: No one is working on these special TrueHD tracks.

And from a mathematical POV: "Atmos/truehd Audio dropouts happen on all platforms" is for sure correct - but does not help anyone.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2021-10-10, 20:36)fritsch Wrote: There are some of the new TrueHD encodings, which have larger framesizes and only on average are within the amount that kodi allows. That's a kodi IEC packaging / Parser / Syncer bug on all versions, yes - though this has zero to do with "normal" TrueHD / Atmos Drop-Outs.

Sadly - with all the "me toos" every thread in the last 2 years went nuts at a certain point.

And from a mathematical POV: "Atmos/truehd Audio dropouts happen on all platforms" is for sure correct - but does not help anyone.

Just stating the fact that its been years and it’s still not addressed. Zidoo with their kodi fork ZDMC seems to be the future till this is fixed and with official DV support to boot.
(2021-10-10, 20:36)fritsch Wrote: And from a mathematical POV: "Atmos/truehd Audio dropouts happen on all platforms" is for sure correct - but does not help anyone.

I have some 4K Dolby Vision Dolby Atmos (TrueHD) movies, but never had audio drop outs, only micro stutter since Kodi 19.

My Setup:

• LG C9
• Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 (HDMI1)
• Sonos Arc (HDMI2/eARC)

Why do some people have the dropouts and others not?

I really don’t understand this.

Regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
@hoppel118 have you tried this sample?
(2018-01-23, 19:31)wesk05 Wrote: If anyone else wants to test this on their system, here is a 1 min sample from the movie. Towards the end of the clip, you will hear 2-3 interruptions/noise.

https://mega.nz/#!oJVzDDiZ

Decryption key: !VZSnDiayjtDl2RDCzNOV-kw6R3MV8bMwX3YXLMuXamg
No, not until now. Where do I find such samples? Smile

Yes, it‘s true. With this movie sample I had an audio drop out. But why? I have a large library of 4K discs. Never heard something similar.

Regards Hoppel

(2021-10-10, 12:46)hoppel118 Wrote: Did you see this post?

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3063780

Please try it and give us feedback.

Thanks and regards Hoppel
Sadly not using nvidia shield so this isn't an option to try
(2021-10-10, 20:36)fritsch Wrote: There are some of the new TrueHD encodings, which have larger framesizes and only on average are within the amount that kodi allows. That's a kodi IEC packaging / Parser / Syncer bug on all versions, yes - though this has zero to do with "normal" TrueHD / Atmos Drop-Outs.

Thanks @fritsch I appreciate your sensible comments from a valued dev.  

I am just hoping that someone takes the issue up because it happens on about 1 in 5 of my atmos encoded movies so it's not really all that uncommon.   I am well aware that the bug is in the IEC packing code, but sadly I don't have enough knowledge to fix it myself.   I think anssi has become busy with other things but I believe that he fixed the same bug in ffmpeg, but the code in Kodi is significantly different its not easy to simply port across.

Again thanks for the updates
Hi guys,

I recognized that MakeMKV made some changes regarding TrueHD some time ago:
Quote:MakeMKV v1.15.4 (8.12.2020)
Implemented seamless joining of TrueHD streams with overlapping frames based on Dominik Mydlil's idea: https://github.com/domyd/mlp

I don’t know, if this „idea“ regarding TrueHD also includes Dolby Atmos (TrueHD).

But I think it’s worth trying to remux problematic atmos movies.

EDIT: The "idea" seems not to solve the issue completely. There is a thread in the MakeMKV forum discussing new problematic atmos movies.

I am not a developer, but seemingly this is solved for: Maybe the at the moment not available (Android) Kodi (FFmpeg) Developer can use some of the above information. Wink

With German atmos (truehd) audio tracks I didn't have such audio drops until now.

Regards Hoppel

• 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Atmos Audio Dropouts with UHD-BD0