• 48(current)
Release Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]
(2021-10-18, 16:52)QianyuLi Wrote: https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc/issues/591

Can anyone test that the current login to the US TLD is working properly?
I tried very many times today and most cases prompted an unknown error, a few could enter the captcha but the addon threw an exception.

Hi, I'm new here... I have the same trouble on my 18.9 Leia and I think its caused by an Amazon license/key change. Tested with Widevine 4.10.2252.5 and 4.10.1679.0 - both logs the same error in the kodi.log:

2021-10-25 00:59:47.517 T:2030609328   ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: Unable to find license;hdcpEnforcementResolutionPixels in JSON string
2021-10-25 00:59:47.517 T:2030609328   ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: License update not successful (no keys)
2021-10-25 00:59:47.557 T:2030609328   ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: Initialize failed (SingleSampleDecrypter)
2021-10-25 00:59:47.571 T:2030609328   ERROR: CVideoPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [plugin://plugin.video.amazon-test/?asin=0000000000&mode=PlayVideo&adult=0&name=Any-movie-name&trailer=0&selbitrate=0]

Changing to US TLD does not have any effect. Netflix works fine at the moment.
I have the same issue, it's connected to auto export enabled. Since export option doesn't even appear in context menu I believe the service doesn't initialize properly for PV users.

Any way to get export working? How to contribute to this particular feature?

(2021-07-13, 15:45)jokerigno Wrote: Hi,

I see this error everytime I try enter in KODI:
Quote:2021-07-13 15:38:19.640 T:18614   ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'KeyError'>
                                                   Error Contents: 'amz'
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.amazon-test/default.py", line 5, in <module>
                                                       EntryPoint()
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.amazon-test/resources/lib/startup.py", line 83, in EntryPoint
                                                       g.amz.getListMenu(args.get('url', ''), int(args.get('export', '0')))
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.amazon-test/resources/lib/common.py", line 55, in __getattr__
                                                       def __getattr__(self, name): return self._globals[name]
                                                   KeyError: 'amz'
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--
Does anyone knows how to solve it?

TY
@CodyX
My problem occurred during the login process and had nothing to do with ISA.
Great work I have a question. Does any subtitle add on work with Amazon VOD? I have two subtitle addon and none is working
Hi everyone. I just installed Kodi on my brand new Android TV and the Prime Video app for audio compatibility issues with my old Home Theatre System. I see that on 4K HDR content the player's video infos say that the resolution is only 1080p and even 720p at times. I even ticked the "use the android built-in player" option or something and "Override HDCP", but it doesn't seem to change much. Video looks sharp and HQ as HDR should...but you know, sometimes the eyes makes you see what you would like to see. Are those wrong infos cast by the addon? Is there a way to correct it? And btw...Can I change the interface to make it look a little more like the original?
Just installed this on NVidia Shield Pro 2019.

FullHD playback is working fine. Only weirdness is that most tracks have audio in wrong language, have to manually select English?

For 4K, I tried to enable the "use Android app for 4K" setting, but that doesn't seem to do anything. Still plays in Kodi, in 1080p. I see in documentation that this option only works if there is "UHD" or "Ultra HD" in video name, but I don't see such names in any videos?

Then I tried to set the playback method to "Android". This doesn't work at all, no playback is started if I select any video.
Edit: I got Android playback working. Primevideo app must not be running or it won't work. Quit Primevideo and then it works in Kodi.

Edit2: just realized Kodi library export is not available with Primevideo? This is a major drawback. Sad It's a bit pointless to use the plugin just to start the Primevideo app for playback, might as well go directly to the app..

Edit3:bah, now Android playback is not working again. I'm opening an issue in github, maybe a better place..
Since upgrading to matrix, anytime i try to login with my amazon account, i get the errors below

Anyone help please?

ERROR <general>: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.amazon-test/
ERROR <general>: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.amazon-test/) failed
(2021-11-07, 16:39)Iibosshog75 Wrote: Hi everyone. I just installed Kodi on my brand new Android TV and the Prime Video app for audio compatibility issues with my old Home Theatre System. I see that on 4K HDR content the player's video infos say that the resolution is only 1080p and even 720p at times. I even ticked the "use the android built-in player" option or something and "Override HDCP", but it doesn't seem to change much. Video looks sharp and HQ as HDR should...but you know, sometimes the eyes makes you see what you would like to see. Are those wrong infos cast by the addon? Is there a way to correct it? And btw...Can I change the interface to make it look a little more like the original?
Sorry if I don't know "in a nutshell" means Smile but I guess the right question from me and @Zuikkis would be: can Amazon VOD addon play 4K and HDR content through Inputstream and if so, what are the right settings? Thanks.
(2021-11-12, 09:52)Iibosshog75 Wrote:
(2021-11-07, 16:39)Iibosshog75 Wrote: Hi everyone. I just installed Kodi on my brand new Android TV and the Prime Video app for audio compatibility issues with my old Home Theatre System. I see that on 4K HDR content the player's video infos say that the resolution is only 1080p and even 720p at times. I even ticked the "use the android built-in player" option or something and "Override HDCP", but it doesn't seem to change much. Video looks sharp and HQ as HDR should...but you know, sometimes the eyes makes you see what you would like to see. Are those wrong infos cast by the addon? Is there a way to correct it? And btw...Can I change the interface to make it look a little more like the original?
Sorry if I don't know "in a nutshell" means Smile but I guess the right question from me and @Zuikkis would be: can Amazon VOD addon play 4K and HDR content through Inputstream and if so, what are the right settings? Thanks.

Read this. It looks like this problem was caused by Covid lockdown to save bandwidth: https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc/issues/51
(2021-11-15, 09:06)simonaa Wrote:

Read this. It looks like this problem was caused by Covid lockdown to save bandwidth: https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc/issues/51
@simonaa Se fossimo nel 2020... Big Grin Grazie per lo sforzo, comunque...
I am also getting the unknown error problem when trying to login on pretty much every device I have that runs Kodi.
(2021-11-11, 19:12)markeymark Wrote: Since upgrading to matrix, anytime i try to login with my amazon account, i get the errors below

Anyone help please?

ERROR <general>: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.amazon-test/
ERROR <general>: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.amazon-test/) failed
anyone able to help with this issue??

What ever happened with this issue? Is there a limitation for 4K in the way the plugin retrieves data from Amazon? On the Prime Video app the 4K works normally, and the content in 4K is labeled, but not in the plugin, is this a limitation of the Amazon API, or the plugin itself? I guess if Kodi doesn't know that the content is in 4K, the option "Use the android app for 4K" will never work...

Thanks in advance!
(2021-12-10, 10:32)Sobrado Wrote:
(2021-11-12, 09:52)Iibosshog75 Wrote: Sorry if I don't know "in a nutshell" means Smile but I guess the right question from me and @Zuikkis would be: can Amazon VOD addon play 4K and HDR content through Inputstream and if so, what are the right settings? Thanks.

What ever happened with this issue? Is there a limitation for 4K in the way the plugin retrieves data from Amazon? On the Prime Video app the 4K works normally, and the content in 4K is labeled, but not in the plugin, is this a limitation of the Amazon API, or the plugin itself? I guess if Kodi doesn't know that the content is in 4K, the option "Use the android app for 4K" will never work...

Thanks in advance!

Yeah. On Android, the plugin is limited to 1080p. On PC even that is not possible, usually just 540p..

"Use the android app for 4K" does not work. You can use the Android app for everything though, that works. However there is a bug that you must disable framerate matching. This is fixed in current github sources but not in the released version.

It should be noted however, that some 4K primevideo streams are so low bitrate that often 1080p looks better. Wheel of Time for example, much better in 1080p. In the Primevideo app there is no way to force 1080p, so I use Kodi for those shows.. Smile
OK, let's hope then that some day the plugin gets an update, otherwise, everything is great Smile
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]2