• 196(current)
WIP Arctic Horizon
(2021-10-29, 12:31)Flecky Wrote: Hello.
I have the skin version 0.5.59
But in github I see that the latest version is 0.5.51

Could you tell me if my version is correct?

Thanks.

0.5.59 is the latest (and probably final) for Leia, and 0.5.70 is the latest for Matrix.
I am having an issue with Jellycon, a Kodi addon for Jellyfin. The widgets show they are loading, but they time out and nothing gets loaded. They do load when I change any settings in the widget however, it just doesn't work on boot which makes me think the skin is loading before the add on or widget is loaded. This happens on every skin except for Artic Zephyr Reloaded for some reason; it feels like that skin has a longer load on boot so it is waiting for everything to load. Thanks for the help.
@drinfernoo

Is there a way to change the view mode in Landscape Wall for AW-groups (shortcuts) in AH ?
Only Landscape List for selection!

(2021-10-31, 14:48)sus67 Wrote: @drinfernoo

Is there a way to change the view mode in Landscape Wall for AW-groups (shortcuts) in AH ?
Only Landscape List for selection!

You can change the content type of the group, from within AutoWidget, when editing the group. Choose a content type which does have Landscape Wall available, and then you'll be able to.
hi!

two short questions:

first: youtube preview pics don't show up anymore. I made an issue on github:
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...issues/441
is this already fixed and did I miss something?

second:
what is arctic waves? Installed it but don't see any difference
(2021-11-04, 00:12)effe.rnr Wrote: hi!

two short questions:

first: youtube preview pics don't show up anymore. I made an issue on github:
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...issues/441
is this already fixed and did I miss something?

second:
what is arctic waves? Installed it but don't see any difference

1. Keep an eye on your issue. If there's an update, it'll most likely be mentioned there.

2. Arctic Waves is an optional background animation that occurs during loading. After installing it, you'll need to set it as the Background Animation in Skin Settings.
Lately, and I couldn't tell you when I noticed it, some menu items are missing when I use Artic-Horizon (5.71 at the moment).  The main one causing problems is:

Jellyfin Add-on
When I open the plugin I only see the libraries I have added and some generic favorite movies, favorited episodes type menu options.  What's missing are the Jellyfin menu items, like Manage Libraries (the main one I need).
If I switch the skin to Estuary, I can see all the Add-on menu items: Manage Libraries, Add Server, Add User to Sessions etc etc. As well as the Libraries.

I've tried resetting the add-on, removing and re-installing the add-on, resetting all views, etc etc, but nothing fixes the problem.

I'm running Kodi on Android, NVidia Shield TV.  It's normally faultless.
(2021-11-06, 06:07)dalben Wrote: Lately, and I couldn't tell you when I noticed it, some menu items are missing when I use Artic-Horizon (5.71 at the moment).  The main one causing problems is:

Jellyfin Add-on
When I open the plugin I only see the libraries I have added and some generic favorite movies, favorited episodes type menu options.  What's missing are the Jellyfin menu items, like Manage Libraries (the main one I need).
If I switch the skin to Estuary, I can see all the Add-on menu items: Manage Libraries, Add Server, Add User to Sessions etc etc. As well as the Libraries.

I've tried resetting the add-on, removing and re-installing the add-on, resetting all views, etc etc, but nothing fixes the problem.

Are these context menu items or menus inside the add-on? What version of Kodi?
(2021-11-06, 14:49)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2021-11-06, 06:07)dalben Wrote: Lately, and I couldn't tell you when I noticed it, some menu items are missing when I use Artic-Horizon (5.71 at the moment).  The main one causing problems is:

Jellyfin Add-on

These are menu items inside the Add-On.  Kodi 19.3

I did some digging and playing around.  here's what I have found:

If I create a menu item from Add On / Video Add On / Jellyfin / Create menu item here
- When I select that menu item, AH shows the content as "Videos" and the default search order
- The menu is missing the non-library menu items

If I create a menu item from Add On / Video Add On / Video Add-Ons shortcut
- When I select that menu item I see Jellyfin Add-On in the list and select it
- When the Jellyfin Add-on menu loads, AH shows the content "Add-On" and all the menu items, not just libraries, is shown.

So in my layman mind, it seems that when an addon is specifically selected as a menu item, AH presumes it's content type to be Videos (or Music if you go through "Music Add-ons"), not Add-On.  It seems when AH assumes it's video content, it only shows video content menu items and ignores the others.

This is new behavior (how new I don't know, the setup has been flawless and rarely need the admin menu items).  I've found a work around which requires one extra remote click but something has changes that's changing menu behaviour.
(2021-11-07, 02:29)dalben Wrote:
(2021-11-06, 14:49)drinfernoo Wrote:

Jellyfin Add-on

These are menu items inside the Add-On.  Kodi 19.3

I did some digging and playing around.  here's what I have found:

If I create a menu item from Add On / Video Add On / Jellyfin / Create menu item here
- When I select that menu item, AH shows the content as "Videos" and the default search order
- The menu is missing the non-library menu items

If I create a menu item from Add On / Video Add On / Video Add-Ons shortcut
- When I select that menu item I see Jellyfin Add-On in the list and select it
- When the Jellyfin Add-on menu loads, AH shows the content "Add-On" and all the menu items, not just libraries, is shown.

So in my layman mind, it seems that when an addon is specifically selected as a menu item, AH presumes it's content type to be Videos (or Music if you go through "Music Add-ons"), not Add-On.  It seems when AH assumes it's video content, it only shows video content menu items and ignores the others.

This is new behavior (how new I don't know, the setup has been flawless and rarely need the admin menu items).  I've found a work around which requires one extra remote click but something has changes that's changing menu behaviour.

When you say "menu item" do you mean a widget on the home screen? Or are you talking about a shortcut in the home menu bar that opens in a separate window?

If it's the latter then it sounds like a skin shortcuts issue rather than specifically a skin issue.

Possibly the jellyfin addon does something weird where it reroutes the base plugin path. Because the skinshortcuts customisation window opens the folder first before you can set the shortcut, jellyfin is rerouting to the new path and the shortcut gets set as the rerouted path rather than the base "pre-reroute" path that opens from video addons.

You could try going into video addons window (where it launches correctly) and set it as a favourite from the context menu. Then in skinshortcuts set the favourite as the menu item instead.

If that doesn't work can you send me your skinshortcuts-includes file from the 1080i skin folder and I'll see if I can figure out why the shortcut is going elsewhere.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2021-11-07, 04:05)jurialmunkey Wrote: When you say "menu item" do you mean a widget on the home screen? Or are you talking about a shortcut in the home menu bar that opens in a separate window?
The latter. I have it set as a submenu that should open in a separate window
(2021-11-07, 04:05)jurialmunkey Wrote: If it's the latter then it sounds like a skin shortcuts issue rather than specifically a skin issue.

Possibly the jellyfin addon does something weird where it reroutes the base plugin path. Because the skinshortcuts customisation window opens the folder first before you can set the shortcut, jellyfin is rerouting to the new path and the shortcut gets set as the rerouted path rather than the base "pre-reroute" path that opens from video addons.

You could try going into video addons window (where it launches correctly) and set it as a favourite from the context menu. Then in skinshortcuts set the favourite as the menu item instead.
OK, that worked.  Set the Add-on as a favorite then created a submenu pointing to the favorite.  The add-on menu lists all the items.

I can live with the work-around as it's only a change to how the menu is configured to get it back to the way I had it.  But if you want to investigate more and want some logs/files or want me to try something, let me know.
(2021-11-07, 04:24)dalben Wrote:
(2021-11-07, 04:05)jurialmunkey Wrote: When you say "menu item" do you mean a widget on the home screen? Or are you talking about a shortcut in the home menu bar that opens in a separate window?
The latter. I have it set as a submenu that should open in a separate window
(2021-11-07, 04:05)jurialmunkey Wrote: If it's the latter then it sounds like a skin shortcuts issue rather than specifically a skin issue.

OK, that worked.  Set the Add-on as a favorite then created a submenu pointing to the favorite.  The add-on menu lists all the items.

I can live with the work-around as it's only a change to how the menu is configured to get it back to the way I had it.  But if you want to investigate more and want some logs/files or want me to try something, let me know.

I don't use Jellyfin but I was curious to see what was happening, so I installed the addon. It's basically what I expected about rerouting the path but in reverse:

It does something weird where it modifies its own "plugin://plugin.video.jellyfin/" base path in Kodi video addons to add a "?content_type=videos" param on the end so it becomes "plugin://plugin.video.jellyfin/?content_type=videos". I've never seen a plugin modify its own base path like this before.

As far as I can tell, the base path "plugin://plugin.video.jellyfin/" with no params runs some type of first run wizard or setup script, then modifies the entry in video addons to add a "?content_type=videos" param afterwards. The problem is that skinshortcuts retrieves the path internally via json-rpc rather than opening the video addons window, so it ends up getting the base path without the param (which would work for practically every other addon -- Jellyfin's approach is highly unusual). That's why favouriting it works - because you're grabbing the path directly from the video addon window.

In the end you get a shortcut that is running the setup script which is probably dumping you out in some default location after it runs rather than the desired content_type location.

This setup script was probably added in a recent update of theirs, and probably previously the base path opened what is now the content_type= path -- so that'd be why you saw the behaviour change

EDIT: According to the code, without any params it runs a "dynamic browser" not a setup script per se. But the basic principle is the same -- after first run setup, the addon modifies its own base path in video addons to open a specific location rather than this dynamic browser (which I assume is some more generic entry point).
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2021-11-07, 06:38)jurialmunkey Wrote: I don't use Jellyfin but I was curious to see what was happening, so I installed the addon. It's basically what I expected about rerouting the path but in reverse:

It does something weird where it modifies its own "plugin://plugin.video.jellyfin/" base path in Kodi video addons to add a "?content_type=videos" param on the end so it becomes "plugin://plugin.video.jellyfin/?content_type=videos". I've never seen a plugin modify its own base path like this before.

As far as I can tell, the base path "plugin://plugin.video.jellyfin/" with no params runs some type of first run wizard or setup script, then modifies the entry in video addons to add a "?content_type=videos" param afterwards. The problem is that skinshortcuts retrieves the path internally via json-rpc rather than opening the video addons window, so it ends up getting the base path without the param (which would work for practically every other addon -- Jellyfin's approach is highly unusual). That's why favouriting it works - because you're grabbing the path directly from the video addon window.

In the end you get a shortcut that is running the setup script which is probably dumping you out in some default location after it runs rather than the desired content_type location.

This setup script was probably added in a recent update of theirs, and probably previously the base path opened what is now the content_type= path -- so that'd be why you saw the behaviour change

EDIT: According to the code, without any params it runs a "dynamic browser" not a setup script per se. But the basic principle is the same -- after first run setup, the addon modifies its own base path in video addons to open a specific location rather than this dynamic browser (which I assume is some more generic entry point).
Thanks for the investigation JM.  If you're ok with it I'll lift your post and submit a bug report to Jellyfin, or I can point them to this thread if you would prefer that.  I'm not I have the tech know-how to rewrite it and keep the accuracy.
Is there any way to add a widget that lets you jump back in directly to where you left off in a TV Show?  Like how netflix lets you click once to "Continue Watching" and you're right back in the in-progress episode or, if there isn't one, the next episode of the TV show you've most recently watched.   The interface I'm imagining would then continue to play episodes from whichever show you'd selected, as opposed to playing all your "next episodes" across all the tv shows in your library.  

Right now I use the "Recently Played TV Shows" widget which is sorted like how I'd like this proposed widget to be, but it just links to the show itself and not any specific episode.  

Kind of surprised that such a thing doesn't seem to exist on Kodi given its ubiquity on other streaming platforms.  I think it'd be a welcome addition to an otherwise amazingly professional experience using Arctic Horizon.  

Just a thought! Thanks for making the best skin on Kodi Smile
@ntilikp There is a way to do it, something like In Progress TV episodes, I'm sure somebody will know. The trick is to look for episodes rather than TV Shows. It's in there somewhere.
  • 196(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Horizon7