• 85(current)
WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
(2021-11-10, 22:56)Montellese Wrote: I've rebased my media import work onto the latest Kodi Matrix 19.3 and updated the download links at https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/wiki/...#downloads. @LongMan sorry for not letting you know sooner but I prepared everything and then I got sick for a few days.

No problem. Hope all is well now.
Hi @LongMan and @Montellese,

Is this a new version or I can keep using the one you kindly made available here? If this is a new version could I bother you a little bit more and ask for a RockPro64 version? Mainly because RP64 had this HDMI-CEC bug which was preventing me from using my remote control and was fixed only on this newer version.

Another sort of unrelated questions I have:

I've been using Media Importing and Library Integration with relatively small remote shared libraries (just to give an idea some 1500 to 2000 movies and a couple of hundreds of tv shows) and it has always worked fine, both to import files and on its daily synchronization and usage.

But what if I want to use a much larger remote shared library (and I'm talking here about almost 50000 movies and some 13000 tv shows)?

- Will it work ok at all?
- What about the initial import process? Do you have any idea about how long it would take to complete?
- When I do these libraries synchronizations (mainly the first one) does it have any performance impact on the server that's sharing the content with me? If so is there a way to minimize this impact?
- As you know I use a RockPro64, which supports sd cards and eMMCs. Realistically speaking do you consider that with such huge databases the performance would be acceptable using sd cards? (considering that I've always used high quality sd cards, and all). I'm asking because I've used other tools before (Emby for Kodi, PKC) and noticed some sluggish performance with bigger databases.
- If I'm in a situation that I may choose between a Plex and an Emby remote share on the same conditions which one do you guys think will perform better?

I appreciate any help and keep up the good work you've been doing. I'm looking forward to seeing this excellent project being officially part of Kodi/LibreElec.
(2021-11-19, 18:16)alsc Wrote: Is this a new version or I can keep using the one you kindly made available here? If this is a new version could I bother you a little bit more and ask for a RockPro64 version? Mainly because RP64 had this HDMI-CEC bug which was preventing me from using my remote control and was fixed only on this newer version.
The last build is after the date in the post that you linked to. Please give it a spin. If the fix isn't in it I have rebased and started another build for you. I will post it when it is finished.

In terms of performance, my experience is significantly better with a SSD on a raspberry Pi 4 than it was with a SD Card.
@Montellese With this rebase you have reintroduce the busy dialog bug that you had fixed earlier.
(2021-11-23, 04:37)LongMan Wrote: @Montellese With this rebase you have reintroduce the busy dialog bug that you had fixed earlier.
Which bug? I haven't changed any code related to media import. I even checked that there is no diff in the media import related code after the rebase. But if the bug is located somewhere in the rest of the core code (which I also touched) it might well be...
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I was thinking of the fix added here which made the videos from addons load faster.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3024409
Hello again! Thanks to @LongMan i managed to get this working. and i love it btw so great work!

One issue i have is that i can't play any videos from their submenus, from the start menu it does work. But when i try to play something from the library itself it just says "This file has been removed would you like to remove it from your library".
here is my log:

https://pastebin.com/UhgQMcGB

Fyi the log is from a vmware instance, but i have the same issue on all my other devices. Thanks! Big Grin
All the praise belong to @Montellese. I will take a look at the logs.
(2021-11-27, 23:11)LongMan Wrote: All the praise belong to @Montellese. I will take a look at the logs.

Just noticed. If I enter The submenus and click directly on "enter". It wont work. But If I open a menu and press play it works. (The menu where i can choose play from here/remove from library/mark as watched etc.
And thanks @Montellese for this great plugin Big Grin
I am not seeing where you tried to play anything. in the log posted.

BTW I noticed that machine has the the default 'LibreELEC". You can give your machines name by editing Services>General>Device name
(2021-11-27, 23:18)psrkallez06 Wrote: And thanks @Montellese for this great plugin

It is a Core feature of Kodi just not in the mainline yet
(2021-11-27, 23:19)LongMan Wrote: I am not seeing where you tried to play anything. in the log posted.

BTW I noticed that machine has the the default 'LibreELEC". You can give your machines name by editing Services>General>Device name

Alright. I will change The name and try again tomorrow. Do i need debugging on for The log to catch it all?
Yes post a debug log.
New log with debugging on:

https://pastebin.com/JaWGy9Lh

Cheers.
(2021-11-28, 16:44)psrkallez06 Wrote: New log with debugging on:

https://pastebin.com/JaWGy9Lh

Cheers.

Are you using media import with an UPnP media provider? I haven't tested that in a long time so I'm not 100% sure whether it still works or not.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
  • 85(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10