• 35(current)
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!
(2022-01-10, 01:19)drinfernoo Wrote: That message isn't from AutoWidget... I'm not really sure why you'd be seeing that.

Are you launching IAGL games from an AutoWidget you created? Do you have any AutoWidgets? Your screenshot appears to be using Estuary, so I'm guessing that you don't. I'm that case, AutoWidget should have nothing to do with this.
Maybe you could try installing IAGL, run the setup in IAGL settings to use Retroplayer, open a game, and exit the game (works fine). Then install AW and do the same so you can see what I mean?
Before I bombard you with logs, I've tried creating shortcuts for Android apps (StartAndroidActivity) and they are not working.

Are.these supported?
(2022-01-12, 05:33)JSAKelley Wrote: Before I bombard you with logs, I've tried creating shortcuts for Android apps (StartAndroidActivity) and they are not working.

Are.these supported?

Why dont you just add ActivateWindow(Programs,AndroidApps,return) as a submenu to open your Android apps.(Most skins already have this shortcut built in) Then just hit the context menu on the Android App and click add to Autowidgets?

The AW shortcut would look similar to this (If your trying to set it up manually)..
        {
            "label": "Food Network",
            "content": null,
            "file": {
                "file": "androidapp://sources/apps/com.foodnetwork.watcher",
                "filetype": "file",
                "art": {
                    "icon": "androidapp://sources/apps/com.foodnetwork.watcher.png",
                    "thumb": "androidapp://sources/apps/com.foodnetwork.watcher.png"
                },
                "size": "-1 B"
            },
            "color": "white",
            "target": "shortcut",
            "id": "food_network-1641963803.8098035",
            "version": "3.4.2"
        }
@drinfernoo

I watched your youtube video that explained how to edit the widget labels, by using the container ID and autolabel.

I'm using the Auramod skin and when I replaced my first cycling widget label with "Top Rated Films | $INFO[Container(13001).ListItem.Property(autoLabel)]" the widget displays "Top Rated Films | <name of playlist> but not the actual title of the film selected.

Arctic Horizon does display the selected film titles as part of the widget label, so I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction to add the film title as well.

Thank you.
(2022-01-12, 10:44)Kokonutcreme Wrote: @drinfernoo

I watched your youtube video that explained how to edit the widget labels, by using the container ID and autolabel.

I'm using the Auramod skin and when I replaced my first cycling widget label with "Top Rated Films | $INFO[Container(13001).ListItem.Property(autoLabel)]" the widget displays "Top Rated Films | <name of playlist> but not the actual title of the film selected.

Arctic Horizon does display the selected film titles as part of the widget label, so I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction to add the film title as well.

Thank you.

This needs to be set up in AuraMOD to show titles on the widget then.
(2022-01-11, 19:28)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2022-01-11, 18:47)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2022-01-11, 06:56)jdig4240 Wrote: But yea, It would be nice if there could be a "Create Custom Shortcut here" option in the context menu while you are inside an AW group like SuperFavorites has. Then be able to add a custom command for the shortcut. Instead of adding a dummy shortcut first and then editing it to work.

Unfortunately there isn't anywhere you can open a context menu on File Manager in most skins (none that I've seen so far).

No, I mean open the context menu in an AW group, and have an option to add a custom shortcut to that group. Then you would be able to add a custom command, like ActivateWindow(filemanager).

Ah, yes... I've wanted to do that in the past but never gotten around to it.
This is more for aesthetics. I have a separate menu for shows, movies, games, apps, and settings.

Each menu item is represented by one widget. The Apps one shows each of my Android apps.

I know it is redudant but I already have separate submenu links to each app. Again. This is more just for looks.
(2022-01-12, 07:11)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2022-01-12, 05:33)JSAKelley Wrote: Before I bombard you with logs, I've tried creating shortcuts for Android apps (StartAndroidActivity) and they are not working.

Are.these supported?

Why dont you just add ActivateWindow(Programs,AndroidApps,return) as a submenu to open your Android apps.(Most skins already have this shortcut built in) Then just hit the context menu on the Android App and click add to Autowidgets?

The AW shortcut would look similar to this (If your trying to set it up manually)..
        {
                },
            },
        }

This is more for aesthetics. I have a separate menu for shows, movies, games, apps, and settings.

Each menu item is represented by one widget. The Apps one shows each of my Android apps.

I know it is redudant but I already have separate submenu links to each app. Again. This is more just for looks.
(2022-01-12, 16:10)JSAKelley Wrote:
(2022-01-12, 07:11)jdig4240 Wrote:

Are.these supported?

{
                },
            },
        }

Ok? well this way would work fine for you then wouldnt it?
(2022-01-11, 06:56)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2022-01-11, 06:50)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2022-01-11, 01:16)justin150 Wrote: I have recently got back into playing with Autowidgets as I trying to mod Aeon Nox Silvio skin to integrate better with it.  As others have pointed out there are some limitations with what can be linked as a shortcut within Autowidget - Favourites being the example most often used although I would prefer being able to have a shortcut to File Manager (seems not possible).  

Curious, cant you just add activatewindow(filemanager) as a custom command in a submenu for File Manager? Or is it because you want File Manager in an Autowidget Group?

I was able to make an AW shortcut for File Manager. It looks like this...
        {
            "label": "File Manager",
            "content": "none",
                "file": "ActivateWindow(filemanager)",
                "filetype": "directory",
                    "icon": "DefaultAddonsSearch.png",
                    "thumb": "special://home/addons/resource.images.skinicons.wide/resources/icons/filemanager.png"
                }
            },
            "window": "filemanager",
            "id": "search-1634328954.9411094",
        },

But yea, It would be nice if there could be a "Create Custom Shortcut here" option in the context menu while you are inside an AW group like SuperFavorites has. Then be able to add a custom command for the shortcut. Instead of adding a dummy shortcut first and then editing it to work.
That is really useful - I will try it.  I also wonder whether I could incorporate a refresh command using the same idea - so widget 1 would have a static AW shortcut group and widget 2 would have a cycling AW group, then in widget 1 I could have a shortcut which refreshes widget 2.  Must try that tonight!!
(2022-01-12, 15:04)drinfernoo Wrote: This needs to be set up in AuraMOD to show titles on the widget then.

Aaah ok, thank you
(2022-01-12, 16:51)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2022-01-12, 16:10)JSAKelley Wrote:
(2022-01-12, 07:11)jdig4240 Wrote: Why dont you just add ActivateWindow(Programs,AndroidApps,return) as a submenu to open your Android apps.(Most skins already have this shortcut built in) Then just hit the context menu on the Android App and click add to Autowidgets?

{
                },
            },
        }

Ok? well this way would work fine for you then wouldnt it?

You are right! I totally misunderstood you. I did it this way and it worked. Thanks so much!
(2022-01-12, 19:46)justin150 Wrote:
(2022-01-11, 06:56)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2022-01-11, 06:50)jdig4240 Wrote: Curious, cant you just add activatewindow(filemanager) as a custom command in a submenu for File Manager? Or is it because you want File Manager in an Autowidget Group?

I was able to make an AW shortcut for File Manager. It looks like this...
        {
            "label": "File Manager",
            "content": "none",
                "file": "ActivateWindow(filemanager)",
                "filetype": "directory",
                    "icon": "DefaultAddonsSearch.png",
                    "thumb": "special://home/addons/resource.images.skinicons.wide/resources/icons/filemanager.png"
                }
            },
            "window": "filemanager",
            "id": "search-1634328954.9411094",
        },

But yea, It would be nice if there could be a "Create Custom Shortcut here" option in the context menu while you are inside an AW group like SuperFavorites has. Then be able to add a custom command for the shortcut. Instead of adding a dummy shortcut first and then editing it to work.
That is really useful - I will try it.  I also wonder whether I could incorporate a refresh command using the same idea - so widget 1 would have a static AW shortcut group and widget 2 would have a cycling AW group, then in widget 1 I could have a shortcut which refreshes widget 2.  Must try that tonight!!
Tried it and it will not work.  Sadly had I read some of the early posts from DrInfernoo I would have realised this!  He has already made it clear that the following must be true:

1. target must be "shortcut"

2. path must not be a plugin, library, or Android app path (anything that contains ://)

3. path must contain a set of ( ) (empty or with arguments)

It is the second point which torpedoes my idea, such is life, back to the drawing board
After some reading around and watching the official videos I managed to set up on my windows PC, latest Kodi Matrix, AutoWidget with the Arctic Horizon Skin and the TMDHelper Addon.
- I've added with the help of TMDBHelper my movies watchilist, a tv show watchilist, as well as a few other personal lists - to a "widget group" in autowidget
- added the skin, went into "settings" - customize home menu - movies - "widgets-home" - and I started added entries there, one at a time, each one pointing to a different widget I previously saved at the point above
Questions :
- is there any easier way to "expand" the group I've saved the widgets to ? Currently I've saved like...20 types of widgets, and it get tiresome to add them one at a time, just for testing. I'd like to point to group1, and whatever I add to it, to auto initialize - of sorts...
- addition to the question above - any way to auto name the label based on the widget target ? I saw the code snippet in one of the videos to target it like so, I was wondering if there is an easier option ? Sometimes the name comes through sometimes it does not.
- and last, but actually the most important. Windows-side, the 3-4 widgets I've added for testing load (very) fast on startup. I close Kodi, I open it up, almost instantaneous regen. I've replicated the setup on my nvidia shield. It take upwards to a MINUTE of spinning until the widgets start appearing one at a time. As a test, I've used the official backup addon so backup my windows setup, and restore it on a freshly installed kodi on the shield. Same behaviour, the load times are upwards to a minute, while instant on the PC. Not sure what I am doing wrong or what to adjust. AND on top of that if they generate, then kill off and restart kodi, they start loading again. I thought AutoWidget caches these locally so you'd have a decrease in load times. Any way to have a faster startup time ? 
Anyone else with experience that would like to chime in ?
Thank you.
I am trying to use the Merge feature of AutoWidget to combine the "In Progress TV shows" from my local library with the "Continue Watching" lists from Netflix and Amazon.  I can't seem to be able to sort the shows by Last Watched - when I choose to sort it this way, I first get the shows from my local library and then the ones from Netflix then from Amazon.  Is there anything that can be done in AutoWidget to fix the sorting?
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!1