• 6(current)
Broken Multi Weather
0.0.8 works here, thanks!
With 0.0.7 my town's name was displayed in the side menu. With 0.0.8 I'm back to no name, no data.

https://paste.kodi.tv/oresobavid
Quote ronie: "Estuary is a giant piece of crap." Looking for a new quote. Ideas?
(2022-02-09, 17:13)Tobor Wrote: With 0.0.7 my town's name was displayed in the side menu. With 0.0.8 I'm back to no name, no data.

https://paste.kodi.tv/oresobavid
Had the same with 0.0.8., after Kodi restart it (data) working again. Please try it.
I've rebooted a few times now, no joy. An error message appears as Kodi is starting up. I've added an extra location but still no town names are listed in the side menu when I try to refresh.
Quote ronie: "Estuary is a giant piece of crap." Looking for a new quote. Ideas?
Thanks for the fix(es) Ronie, working okay here. (Shame I would have preferred 23c instead of 13c ! ;-)
It's working for me now after updating to 0.0.8. Thanks.
@ronie 0.0.8 fixed things up here on the cold east coast too. Thanks!
Perfect all working.

Below is the sequence I performed:
uninstall old version addon multi.weather. refresh and reboot kodi, install new version multi.weather v.008 and setting, refresh and reboot kodi.
Now everything works .................

Thanks ronie
It sort of working. Clean uninstall and install v0.0.8, reconfigure my location and it provides the correct information. However, when i restart Kodi, I always see an error. In the log, I see these python error:
ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'KeyError'>
                                                   Error Contents: 0
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "/home/hieppo/.kodi/addons/weather.multi/default.py", line 5, in <module>
                                                       weather.MAIN(mode=sys.argv[1])
                                                     File "/home/hieppo/.kodi/addons/weather.multi/lib/weather.py", line 35, in __init__
                                                       self.get_forecast(location, locationid, locationlat, locationlon, ycookie, ycrumb)
                                                     File "/home/hieppo/.kodi/addons/weather.multi/lib/weather.py", line 150, in get_forecast
                                                       yahoo.Weather.get_weather(data, loc, locid)
                                                     File "/home/hieppo/.kodi/addons/weather.multi/lib/providers/yahoo.py", line 8, in get_weather
                                                       data = response['weathers'][0]
                                                   KeyError: 0
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--
@Tobor @hieppo could you reset the weather addon settings to default and re-configure your location?
please let me know if that fixes your issue.

Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Error continues with v0.0.8.

I reset the addon settings to default, rebooted and re-entered my location. At first it did not seem to work, but after a manual refresh all is back to normal. Thanks.

tobor
Dear Friends

I have updated to 0.0.8 and it works without problems. Show current weather etc. But I have launch Kodi few minutes ago and again there is still error message about Multi Weather application, but weather is working. Strange, any of you, have got the same problem with returing error message, when Kodi is launching?

I have also Zidoo Z9X device and there is Zidoo Weather application on the Home Screen. Strange it has the same problem as Multi Weather application in Kodi. I have a message: "Failure to obtain weather data, please enter other city". Whatever city I enter over the globe, there are always the same error message.

So what is going on with all weather application, because it's not only related with Multi Weather application?

Sincerely
UTAVATU
if you still get error messages with 0.0.8, please post a Debug Log (see instructions in the first post of this thread).

i have no idea about Zidoo, but if it also gets their weather data from yahoo,
it might indeed be a similar issue as yahoo changed something on their end.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi Weather0