• 76(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
(2022-03-14, 18:25)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2022-03-14, 01:11)CorpusHyperion Wrote: I'm experiencing a crash while building the channel list, specifically the Seasonal channel. This has been going on for a while (several versions but I'm not sure how far back) and I haven't been able to find any possible cause. I have gone so far as to uninstall the plugin, delete ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.pseudotv.live, and start fresh but no luck. I have been working around this by removing the Seasonal channel from channels.json and library.json but I'd love to see a fix.

Debug log here. TIA

Thank for the log, I'm not sure why it's hanging... The last call is to the plugin providing seasonal info.

I'll add seasonal channel code directly to PseudoTV and remove the third-party dependency. This should fix your hanging issues...
I installed v.0.3.6d today and it did in fact fix the crash on populating the Seasonal channel. Thank you!

Now if I could just figure out what's up with the crash when I play something from the guide. I deleted my whole .kodi dir today and started fresh, but the issue remains. I'm not seeing anything obvious in the logs, either (no apparent changes from the ones I linked previously).
I was apparently one of those people running LibreELEC on x64 that wasn't getting the notice that an upgrade to 10.2 was available.  Have since manually upgraded so I am on Kodi 19.4, which as far as I know is the latest stable version.  Was getting strangeness where only the music video channels were being built but after updating to the latest PseudoTV Live! 0.3.6d that stopped and the full listing of channels began building again.  Did have to do a clean start to get it to happen though.

Started noticing something odd though--when I change channels from one music video channel to another it will play that video to the end and then dump me back at the previous channel.  Not sure why or how this is happening.  Here's a log in case it can help you figure out what\why this is happening.

After I began this post PseudoTV Live! crashed so I reopened the log to make sure I had everything including the crash.  Tried to send it in gist.github.com but it kept on choking on the text, as did two other sites so I gave up and threw it up on mega.nz. Hope that's ok.
Update on the crash when choosing a program from the channel guide:
- Experienced on Kodi 19.0 and 19.4 (the latter installed via team-xbmc PPA)
- I installed the Kodi Flatpak and with that version, the crash is gone.
I can only guess that this might be a Python regression I'm experiencing. I'm curious what version of Python others have installed. Is anyone else running Python 3.9.7? I also tried Python 3.10.0 but no change there.
Some of you may have noticed the improved seasonal channel....

I'm looking for suggestions in order to fill in the blank and/or duplicate's. Here is the current holiday list.

Suggestions should be a documented holiday, internationally celebrated, Film and Media related or at least the genre should boil down to one found in film & TV. 

Please submit the holiday with its celebrated day and any suggestions for keywords for library lookups.

THANKS!!
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
After having issues with my channel guide going blank after roughly a week, I'm happy to report that that problem seems to have sorted itself out and PTVL has been working pretty well for me for the last couple months. Thanks again Lunatixz for this great program!

One minor issue I have been noticing though is that if I let a channel run there seems to be about a 25% chance that the next episode/movie won't play automatically. It will either just pull up the channel surfing menu and I have to manually select the next program, or occasionally it will just get stuck on a black screen that says what's going to play next and Kodi becomes completely unresponsive and I need to restart it.

It's a small issue but I thought I'd see if anybody has any suggestions that could help.
(2022-03-28, 16:50)Dorian90 Wrote: After having issues with my channel guide going blank after roughly a week, I'm happy to report that that problem seems to have sorted itself out and PTVL has been working pretty well for me for the last couple months. Thanks again Lunatixz for this great program!

One minor issue I have been noticing though is that if I let a channel run there seems to be about a 25% chance that the next episode/movie won't play automatically. It will either just pull up the channel surfing menu and I have to manually select the next program, or occasionally it will just get stuck on a black screen that says what's going to play next and Kodi becomes completely unresponsive and I need to restart it.

It's a small issue but I thought I'd see if anybody has any suggestions that could help.

Send me a debugging log when it happens with some details of when it happened and what channel you were watching. THX
After happily using PTVL for the past 10 days, today I started to run into issues. Attempting to play a program from the channel guide produced the error popup "PseudoTVLive error - please check the log for more information". I also experienced this when I disabled, then re-enabled the PTVL addon. In the log, while Kodi was idle, there were numerous instances of the error ERROR <CSettingInt>: error reading <control> tag of "DIFFUSE_LOGO". There's also an exception with the message Error Contents: 'waiter' object has no attribute 'isAlive'.

Full log here.

As a test I removed my entire userdata dir, repopulated my library, and installed PTVL fresh from the beta repo. Same behavior: The PTVL error popup appears at Kodi startup. Moreover, I did not receive the prompt to re-configure IPTV Simple like normally happens at first run of PTVL. I entered the PTVL settings and noticed the message: Settings disabled while initializing, try again later...

Here is a log of that clean attempt but it doesn't seem to have any significant differences from the first.
Decided to roll back to the previous major version of Kodi (v18) in order to compare my mental map of how the older version of PseudoTV compared to PseudoTV Live! this meant blowing away my working install.  Having done that and attempting to return to the most recent version of Kodi (v19.x) in order to return to using PseudoTV Live! everything went fine until I added that addon in and tried to add my music video channels.  I am simply completely unable to get the menu to show up allowing me to navigate to the playlists.  Is this happening to anyone else?

Here is my log.

Would appreciate any advice.  I am running the most recent stable version of LibreELEC (10.2) and did a complete wipe after install to ensure  that nothing remained from the earlier versions of Kodi, its addons, etc.
(2022-04-07, 16:42)bornagainpenguin Wrote: Decided to roll back to the previous major version of Kodi (v18) in order to compare my mental map of how the older version of PseudoTV compared to PseudoTV Live! this meant blowing away my working install.  Having done that and attempting to return to the most recent version of Kodi (v19.x) in order to return to using PseudoTV Live! everything went fine until I added that addon in and tried to add my music video channels.  I am simply completely unable to get the menu to show up allowing me to navigate to the playlists.  Is this happening to anyone else?

Here is my log.

Would appreciate any advice.  I am running the most recent stable version of LibreELEC (10.2) and did a complete wipe after install to ensure  that nothing remained from the earlier versions of Kodi, its addons, etc.

I don't see any music video channels in the log.
No see, that's the whole issue: I cannot get the selector to let me add the path. Look, this should explain it better than words:

https://youtu.be/9KyGDcslbZw

I was hoping the log would show that *something* was not going through when I selected the buttons. I guess not though.

EDIT: If you turn the volume up you can hear the sound of me clicking the button and nothing happening.  I probably should have turned the volume up louder but in person it was loud enough and I didn't want to make my neighbors unhappy by blasting it.

EDIT: x2  Not sure what changed between versions but the current version (0.3.7m) has this issue now fixed. Thanks!
(2022-04-08, 05:25)bornagainpenguin Wrote: No see, that's the whole issue: I cannot get the selector to let me add the path. Look, this should explain it better than words:

https://youtu.be/9KyGDcslbZw

I was hoping the log would show that *something* was not going through when I selected the buttons. I guess not though.

EDIT: If you turn the volume up you can hear the sound of me clicking the button and nothing happening.  I probably should have turned the volume up louder but in person it was loud enough and I didn't want to make my neighbors unhappy by blasting it.

EDIT: x2  Not sure what changed between versions but the current version (0.3.7m) has this issue now fixed. Thanks!
I was coming here to let u know it's fixed...  small bug that crept in during one of the last updates.
I'm not sure if I will ever stop thinking it cool to make my own channels like this...

That's my 'I love the 90s' music video channel with AC/DC's Money Talks and my 'SensualTV' music video channel with Madonna's Justify My Love.

Will be looking forward to being able to insert my own interstitials and some period advertising in the 80s and 90s channels. I just wanted to post to say thanks and show thats people are enjoying what you've put together. ImageImage
Heya!

Loving this plugin, i played with this plugin ages ago and its amazing to see the progress so far!

Working great at the moment, but i'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Is it possible to make custom channels using video files that have no metadata (music videos downloaded off Youtube etc)
When i go to Channel Manager and make up a custom channel, i go to content path and hit 'videos' and browse to a folder with videos stored. When i select it i get the error "path configuration invalid - no duration Meta found"

I see peeps above making music video channels so hopefully its just something i'm doing wrong! Thanks in advance
I have a library of 368 TV Shows, but when I look in the PseudoTV Live autotune list, it only shows 250 and it doesn't appear to be the first 250 alphabetically, rather I see no consistency as to which shows are not appearing.
Is there a 250 show limit? If so, can I change this somewhere? Any other reason you can think of that this would be missing?
Adding to the above, I have a similar issue with Networks, seemingly being limited to 50
  • 76(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4