• 92(current)
Release MLB.TV®
Right now, I'm only seeing a subset of today's games in the app. Whatever I choose works, but for instance I'm not seeing the Guardians vs Royals game in there, or any games that start later in the day.
(2022-04-09, 23:02)mdo77 Wrote: Right now, I'm only seeing a subset of today's games in the app. Whatever I choose works, but for instance I'm not seeing the Guardians vs Royals game in there, or any games that start later in the day.

I am curious: what time zone are you in? (And what is the time and time zone set on your Kodi device?)

Also, what do you see if you look ahead to the next day's games?

Finally, what device are you on, what Kodi version, and what addon version?
(2022-04-09, 23:01)WHamilton Wrote: Is working this Addon fpr 2022?

Yes, it has worked fine for me the past 2 days.
Sorry for delayed reply. I don't come on here often.

But I am logged in right now on my Chromecast w/Google TV from the Eastern time zone

plugin version 2022.4.12+matrix.1
Kodi v19.3.0

It's currently 4:11 EDT on Sun 5/1 and I'm seeing 13 out of the 15 games in my list -- the Guardians/As and Tigers/Dodgers are not listed.
Ah ha! 

After my post, I did a bit of debugging. I changed my "favorite team" from Guardians to Reds and now all the games are appearing.

Possibly a bug around the team name change in Cleveland?
(2022-05-01, 22:15)mdo77 Wrote: Ah ha! 

After my post, I did a bit of debugging. I changed my "favorite team" from Guardians to Reds and now all the games are appearing.

That sounds like a scrolling issue - by setting the Guardians as your favorite team that would put their game at the top of the list.  By chance Was the Phillies/Mets game also missing from your list?  That's game plius the two that you said were missing were the last 3 games on the default listing.  Just scroll down and you'll see them all.
Nope. The Guardians game wasn't listed when they were favorite. And yes the Sunday Night game was missing as well.

I then went to Tuesday (Guardians are off tomorrow) and they weren't listed at all -- and there were only 2 games listed (both games in the Braves/Mets). It seems that everything on the schedule from the Guardians game on just doesn't get listed.  The guardians play at 6:10 so all games at 6:10 and after seem to be missing.

(2022-05-01, 22:15)mdo77 Wrote: Ah ha! 

Are you on the latest version of the add-on (2022.4.19)?

Edit to add: I'm almost certain that will fix it. Looks like a previous update changed the team name to Guardians in the favorite list, but didn't change the corresponding favorite team color lists.
Input wanted: Use cases for navigating with fewer clicks

I’ve made some local modifications to the MLB.TV add-on so that my personal most common use case only requires one click. It is:
1. “I want to live broadcasts watch my favorite team with my local network’s TV feed (and if that’s unavailable, watch the national TV feed)”.

I was thinking I could generalize my changes if there’s interest in similar scenarios, and ideally eventually have them merged back into the official version.

What other use cases might people have along these lines? Here are a few I can imagine off the top of my head:
2. “Whatever game I pick, just show me the home team’s live TV feed, or if the game is over, show me highlights”.
3. “Whatever game I pick, show me the live TV broadcast from a list of my favorite stations, or the home team’s TV broadcast if none of those is applicable”
4. “Show me my favorite team’s live TV feed, but if they aren’t playing, show me my second favorite team’s live TV feed”.

I’d love to hear what’s on your wishlist.

Thanks!
Ted
(2022-05-02, 01:39)tonywagner Wrote: Are you on the latest version of the add-on (2022.4.19)?

Edit to add: I'm almost certain that will fix it. Looks like a previous update changed the team name to Guardians in the favorite list, but didn't change the corresponding favorite team color lists.

That did it.  A new one today.  

I'm on 2022.5.5 and it wouldn't load the list of today's games. Error below. Python isn't my strong point but I went in locally and commented out lines 169-172 around no-hitters/perfect game flags and then things worked normally.
Quote:
Code:

2022-05-07 14:05:27.162 T:2796    ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'KeyError'>
                                                   Error Contents: 'flags'
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "C:\Users\micha\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.mlbtv\main.py", line 42, in <module>
                                                       todays_games(None)
                                                     File "C:\Users\micha\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.mlbtv\resources\lib\mlb.py", line 48, in todays_games
                                                       create_game_listitem(game, game_day)
                                                     File "C:\Users\micha\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.mlbtv\resources\lib\mlb.py", line 169, in create_game_listitem
                                                       if game['flags']['perfectGame'] == True:
                                                   KeyError: 'flags'
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--
(2022-05-07, 20:20)mdo77 Wrote:
(2022-05-02, 01:39)tonywagner Wrote: Are you on the latest version of the add-on (2022.4.19)?

I'm on 2022.5.5 and it wouldn't load the list of today's games. Error below. Python isn't my strong point but I went in locally and commented out lines 169-172 around no-hitters/perfect game flags and then things worked normally.
Glad you figured it out! Hopefully they push a new release soon.
(2022-05-05, 17:59)thromer Wrote: Input wanted: Use cases for navigating with fewer clicks

I've been thinking similarly -- there is already one setting each to bypass the Catch Up / skip dialogs, so there should be one to bypass the stream selection dialog too.

I took a stab at this in a pull request:

https://github.com/eracknaphobia/plugin.video.mlbtv/pull/42

Enabling the new option will pick the favorite team's stream if available, otherwise home/national.

Since enabling that option leaves highlights inaccessible, I added a context menu item to get to the highlights for each game too.
(2022-05-07, 22:06)tonywagner Wrote:
(2022-05-05, 17:59)thromer Wrote: Input wanted: Use cases for navigating with fewer clicks

I've been thinking similarly -- there is already one setting each to bypass the Catch Up / skip dialogs, so there should be one to bypass the stream selection dialog too.

I took a stab at this in a pull request:

https://github.com/eracknaphobia/plugin.video.mlbtv/pull/42

Enabling the new option will pick the favorite team's stream if available, otherwise home/national.

Since enabling that option leaves highlights inaccessible, I added a context menu item to get to the highlights for each game too.

That plus yet another setting that skips the game selection if favorite team has a game in progress would accomplish what I want: open the plugin, wait a little while, and presto your team's TV broadcast is playing.
(2022-05-07, 22:46)thromer Wrote: That plus yet another setting that skips the game selection if favorite team has a game in progress would accomplish what I want: open the plugin, wait a little while, and presto your team's TV broadcast is playing.
 I sort of have this working. On what kind of device are you running Kodi? (PC, Fire Stick, etc.?)
(2022-05-07, 20:20)mdo77 Wrote:

Quote:
Code:

2022-05-07 14:05:27.162 T:2796    ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'KeyError'>
                                                   Error Contents: 'flags'
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "C:\Users\micha\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.mlbtv\main.py", line 42, in <module>
                                                       todays_games(None)
                                                     File "C:\Users\micha\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.mlbtv\resources\lib\mlb.py", line 48, in todays_games
                                                       create_game_listitem(game, game_day)
                                                     File "C:\Users\micha\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.mlbtv\resources\lib\mlb.py", line 169, in create_game_listitem
                                                       if game['flags']['perfectGame'] == True:
                                                   KeyError: 'flags'
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

Thanks for this information. I got that same error today and commenting out the lines allowed the games to load. It was weird, because I could view any other day's games, just not todays!
  • 92(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MLB.TV®2