How to use Movie Set Artwork in v19
(2022-02-18, 00:55)Karellen Wrote: Oh, and getting back to movie set issue. What now makes it worse is that TVDB call their sets Franchise. So if you use the TVDB movie scraper, all your existing sets are useless.
MOVIES + TV SHOWS
Not only movies....same is in RT
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/franchise/indiana_jones
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
(2022-02-18, 00:55)Karellen Wrote:  What now makes it worse is that TVDB call their sets Franchise. So if you use the TVDB movie scraper, all your existing sets are useless.

I use multiple scrapers to get my artwork and metadata, and create a LOT of my own artwork that I share with others.  I only use LOCAL information when scraping movies into KODI's DB.  I am actually glad to hear that it is  TVDB's fault.

So now that I do not use, never have actually, TVDB, what setting do I need to show my local SetArt that has been working working perfectly for the past 10 or so years?
------------------------------------------
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.
(2022-02-22, 03:54)JohnWPB Wrote: So now that I do not use, never have actually, TVDB, what setting do I need to show my local SetArt that has been working working perfectly for the past 10 or so years?
Nothing has changed that will affect your current setup. All that has happened is that TVDB have now moved into movies alongside TheMovieDB.
TheMovieDB calls their movie sets Collection
TVDB calls their move sets Franchise
It only affects you if you decide to move over to TVDB and you are scraping a movie into an existing set where the other movies in the set have been scraped by TheMovieDB. You end up with two sets- Matrix Collection and Matrix Franchise.
We thought of using the scraper to replace the name, but after further investigation TVDB are lax in the naming and some sets use Franchise, or Trilogy or nothing at all. So its not something we can reliably fix in Kodi.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
All movie sets i store locally. 
as mentioned in wiki page  Movie_set_information_folder (wiki)

* Create MSIF - DONE
* Set MSIF - DONE
* Create Movie Set Sub Folders - DONE

but I still need to manually load them 

Navigating to the collection in the Kodi library
and From the Context menu select Manage > Choose art

is there a way to automate it ?
(2022-04-20, 11:03)ilan316 Wrote: but I still need to manually load them 
I assume that the movies are already in your library, then you have gone and added the Movie Set folder and the artwork later? If yes, there is no way to automate adding new movie set artwork to existing movie sets.
You need to delete the movies in the set and rescan them. When Kodi rescans the movies, it will scan the new Movie set artwork folder you added and look for artwork.
You might just need to delete one movie and rescan it. I don't really remember but try just one first. If that doesn't work, then delete all the movies in the set.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-04-20, 11:13)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-04-20, 11:03)ilan316 Wrote: but I still need to manually load them 
I assume that the movies are already in your library, then you have gone and added the Movie Set folder and the artwork later? If yes, there is no way to automate adding new movie set artwork to existing movie sets.
You need to delete the movies in the set and rescan them. When Kodi rescans the movies, it will scan the new Movie set artwork folder you added and look for artwork.
You might just need to delete one movie and rescan it. I don't really remember but try just one first. If that doesn't work, then delete all the movies in the set.
Deleting the movies, you mean the artwork?
The actual movies are not in the same Folder and the movie sets.
(2022-04-20, 11:15)ilan316 Wrote: Deleting the movies, you mean the artwork?
No, I mean delete the movies from the Kodi library. (not delete your movie files)
My Signature
How I do that?
(2022-04-20, 11:31)ilan316 Wrote: How I do that?
If the movies are already scraped into your library, then go to the movie in the movie list, and press Del on your keyboard. Or call up the Context Menu and select Manage>Remove from library

Are the movies already in your library?
My Signature
Yes over 200 movies on the libary
I created the MSIF folder exported to create the sub folders, then removed the movies in a collection from the library and restarted Kodi to rescan. It found the removed movies and added them back but still did not add any collection artwork.

Why is there not an option to scrape an existing collection for artwork?
(2022-06-15, 14:23)Sponky Wrote: I created the MSIF folder exported to create the sub folders,
And is there any artwork in the folders?
My Signature
No, that's why I want to scrape the artwork for the collections.
(2022-06-16, 01:12)Sponky Wrote: No, that's why I want to scrape the artwork for the collections.
If you have no local artwork, and you do not intend to use local artwork, then you don't need the Movie Set Information Folder. It is only used by people that want to save and use their own artwork locally.
But if you want to scrape and also save the original artwork locally, then you do need the folder.

Which do you want to do?

Simply scraping the artwork saves a modified version of the artwork to the cache which is different to the above.
If you save locally, the Kodi will use the local artwork next time you rebuild your library, instead of downloading from online sources. It is good practice as artwork does not survive for ever and TMDB does delete thousands of images each year.
My Signature
Ah I see.

My mistake, I have misinterpreted the warning when exporting my library.

I'm happy with the scraped collection artwork (or would be if I could get it to work). I do not have local artwork.

I will remove the MSIF folder setting and ignore the warning when exporting my library.

I'll try the movie removal from my library and re-scrape trick to get scraped collection artwork. Do I have to remove the nfo file as well?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to use Movie Set Artwork in v190