Guest - Testers are needed for the reworked CDateTime core component. See... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=378981 (September 29) x
OK button not working on remote, unable to remap to enter key
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help with this issue. I have this remote shown below, its almost perfect but it doesnt work properly to KODI as the OK button doesnt work like an ENTER key. It would likely work with an Android device but it doesnt with WINDOWS KODI. I've tried a few key mappers to try and find out exactly what its doing but none of them map anything at all.

I'm wondering if there is anyway to get windows kodi to respond to the OK key if I cant find a way to remap it, any help would be really appreciated as I dont want to have to remap a button just for using KODI, OK works fine as enter in windows.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgvFafeelEBij8lpIiOm...g?e=RWmcT5
(2020-01-11, 19:18)mclingo Wrote: I dont want to have to remap a button just for using KODI
Humm... you want Kodi developers to make a 'special' compile so you can use that old remote? Suggestion: FLIRC (wiki) this will allow any IR remote to control Kodi and a whole lot more. Remote controls (wiki)

My remote is kinda similar and yes it works with the Flirc. but I did have trouble with the buttons contacts wearing down (those little black dots on the back of the rubber button sheet inside the remote that gives continuity of the circuit on a button press). Cleaning up the rubber surface with Isopropyl alcohol will bring back most remotes that are experiencing button press difficulty (but still work to some degree, just cleans out the gunk), but in my case I cut some aluminum foil for the audio up/down and it works a treat. I did order a Chinese replacement and was pleasantly satisfied with my $15 purchase with free shipping and now I can fight signals with both handsSmile

P.S. this couldn't make it easier Add-on:Keymap Editor (wiki) and just for Kodi Keymap (wiki)
(2020-01-11, 20:24)PatK Wrote:
(2020-01-11, 19:18)mclingo Wrote: I dont want to have to remap a button just for using KODI
Humm... you want Kodi developers to make a 'special' compile so you can use that old remote? Suggestion: FLIRC (wiki) this will allow any IR remote to control Kodi and a whole lot more. Remote controls (wiki)

My remote is kinda similar and yes it works with the Flirc. but I did have trouble with the buttons contacts wearing down (those little black dots on the back of the rubber button sheet inside the remote that gives continuity of the circuit on a button press). Cleaning up the rubber surface with Isopropyl alcohol will bring back most remotes that are experiencing button press difficulty (but still work to some degree, just cleans out the gunk), but in my case I cut some aluminum foil for the audio up/down and it works a treat. I did order a Chinese replacement and was pleasantly satisfied with my $15 purchase with free shipping and now I can fight signals with both handsSmile

P.S. this couldn't make it easier Add-on:Keymap Editor (wiki) and just for Kodi Keymap (wiki) 

Hi, thanks for your reply Smile

The remote is brand new from ebay, its USB dogle not IR. it has some IR programmable keys but the OK but isnt one, its not an old model either. The OK button works fine in windows, its not an enter button though as if I type something into google bar for instance and click ok nothing happens, if I press ENTER on my keyboard the search runs, no idea what this key is actually doing, its really odd.

The issue is it just doesnt work with windows KODI for some reason, i can navigate fine but when I try and play a movie the OK button doesnt work, i've had to map another button for now but its a bit uncomfortable to use as its a large remote and some of the buttons are a bit of a stretch.

to use a keyboard editor you have to have a defined key to map, nothing is reported on any loggers when I press it.
(2020-01-11, 23:06)mclingo Wrote:
(2020-01-11, 20:24)PatK Wrote:

Hi, thanks for your reply Smile

The remote is brand new from ebay, its USB dogle not IR. it has some IR programmable keys but the OK but isnt one, its not an old model either. The OK button works fine in windows, its not an enter button though as if I type something into google bar for instance and click ok nothing happens, if I press ENTER on my keyboard the search runs, no idea what this key is actually doing, its really odd.

The issue is it just doesnt work with windows KODI for some reason, i can navigate fine but when I try and play a movie the OK button doesnt work, i've had to map another button for now but its a bit uncomfortable to use as its a large remote and some of the buttons are a bit of a stretch.

to use a keyboard editor you have to have a defined key to map, nothing is reported on any loggers when I press it.
I'm having the same issue.  What's strange is that it was working fine up until about week ago.  Then, all of a sudden the OK button isn't working, and I have to use the "ENTER" button on the back the remote.  Has there been a recent update that relates to this?  I tried it with another 2.4g remote with the same results.
I got the same remote from amazon. WHAT A PITA!! What i did was map the home button right below it. Took some getting used to but it works if you change that button in kodi 

So i just press the house to select and it does the job
same issue with my new ir remote.
all button are working except the ok button.
i can not remap it with keymap editor, it keeps openning the contextual menu when i press it.
the work around i use is to map an other key of the remote to the enter action.
such a pitta, would love to have a fix for this, it is so counter intuitive to use
I was having the same issues ...OK button, back button, and context menu button not working on a 2.4Ghz USB remote. I found that setting two things in the Kodi software fixed it.

1 - Turn off CEC
(Settings/System/Input/Peripherals - turn everything to OFF in the CEC settings)

2 - Enable mouse and touchscreen support
(Settings/System/Input - Enable mouse and touchscreen support)

The controller is an air mouse compatible one with buttons on the front and keyboard on the back.

I enabled EXPERT mode on the Kodi software to get all of the menu options.
This thread is primary about 'remotes' and hardware which should be relegated to Hardware Peripherals, not windows support >as such I'm moving the thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OK button not working on remote, unable to remap to enter key0