• 149(current)
Release script.extendedinfo
Anybody know where i can find the latest Version for python 2?
Hi Smile ,

As I said in my last message : since I updated Kodi to version 19, I can't see anymore the "extended" info" button on information screens for both tv shows and movies.

Did I miss something?

I tried @scott967  and @M89SE forks but I have the same issue.

Is this extended info add-on always supposed to work on Kodi 19 and display an "extended info" button ?

Thanks
(2021-11-01, 00:41)DTR81 Wrote: Anybody know where i can find the latest Version for python 2?

https://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/leia/scri...endedinfo/

scott s.
(2021-11-08, 10:55)nonob Wrote: Hi Smile ,

As I said in my last message : since I updated Kodi to version 19, I can't see anymore the "extended" info" button on information screens for both tv shows and movies.

Did I miss something?

I tried @scott967  and @M89SE forks but I have the same issue.

Is this extended info add-on always supposed to work on Kodi 19 and display an "extended info" button ?

Thanks

If you mean on Estuary/Estouchy skins, I believe that button has been removed from the skin.

I have been a little negligent on extendedinfo script for Kodi 19/20, as the support module for it (script.module.kodi65) has a new replacement that is python3 and is in the official repo. But in my testing I have a bug on extendedinfo that I haven't tracked down yet (getting youtube videos doesn't always work). But there is also stuff going on with tmdb/tvdb data sources where some are going to a paid subscription model, which might result in killing the script. I kind of put further work on the back-burner for now.

scott s.
Hi,
(2021-11-08, 23:11)scott967 Wrote:  If you mean on Estuary/Estouchy skins, I believe that button has been removed from the skin.

Yes, I use the default skin "Estuary". 

(2021-11-08, 23:11)scott967 Wrote: I have been a little negligent on extendedinfo script for Kodi 19/20, as the support module for it (script.module.kodi65) has a new replacement that is python3 and is in the official repo.

Do you mean "Embuary info" ? Because when I press "up" arrow when I'm on actors thumbs in information screen (for a movie or tv shows) : Kodi ask me if I want to install "Embuary info", and if I confirm, Embuary info is installed and the "Extended info" button is displayed.

Embuary info seems to be good. Is it the way to go and replace totally "extended info" script ?

Then I would like to have extended info working on Netflix and Amazon Prime video (addons) movie and tv shows, but I don't know if it is possible... EDIT : it is : with Embuary Info -Open dialog (kodi official repo).
Any update on status of this script? 

I'm on Kodi 19.4, using Estuary.

Is it possible to install and use extendedInfo?
I think Estuary removed the button in the skin to run extendedinfo.  I have submitted a new version of script.extendedinfo  to the Kodi script repository for Matrix (also compatible with Nexus) as a PR, but it has not been approved as of 8/15.  The same version is available in my Aeon MQ5 mod skin repo as a "program" addon.  See my sig.

scott s.
@scott967

Can I ask you how to make the script.extendedinfo add-on work via a button in kodi 19.4 skin confluence?

I have already installed script.extendedinfo (from your repository: repository.aeonmq5_mod-11.1.0.zip of 25 May 2022) but I can't get it to work, what is the code that I should put in my skin inside a button?

Example:

xml:
<control type = "button">
... (code)
</control>

Do i need to install or do anything else?

Thank you very much for your help 🙏
If i helped you, you can thank me with a thumbs up 👍 below, thanks 🙏.
Kodi 20.x stable release | Skin Confluence (by Jezz_X)
I like editing skins ❤
(2022-11-02, 20:26)alberto1998 Wrote: @scott967

Can I ask you how to make the script.extendedinfo add-on work via a button in kodi 19.4 skin confluence?

I have already installed script.extendedinfo (from your repository: repository.aeonmq5_mod-11.1.0.zip of 25 May 2022) but I can't get it to work, what is the code that I should put in my skin inside a button?

Example:

xml:
<control type = "button">
... (code)
</control>

Do i need to install or do anything else?

Thank you very much for your help 🙏
The following skin code adds a button to the "movie information" dialog in Confluence ver 4.7.13  -- this is more or less how Estuary did it in Kodi 18 and prior.

xml:
<control type="button" id="101">
                        <description>Extrainfo</description>
                        <include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
                        <onclick>RunScript(script.extendedinfo,info=openinfodialog)</onclick>
                        <label>Extra $LOCALIZE[31033]</label>
                        <visible>System.hasAddon(script.extendedinfo) + [String.IsEqual(ListItem.DbType,movie) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DbType,tvshow) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DbType,season) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DbType,episode)]</visible>
                    </control>

This button should be added to the "grouplist" id="9000"

The complete file is available here:
DialogVideoInfo.xml

scott s.
@scott967

Really thank you for the help, it works very well.

I only have 2 questions to ask, if I may ask, related to the script.

1) TADB API key, refers to: The Audio Data Base?

2) I noticed that in my skin in the "Recommended by TMDB" section the movies are not clickable, as well as in other sections, is this the correct behavior? or by using this script on various skins something may not work correctly?

Thank you very much for your help and clarifications.

Thank you immensely also for all the work you have done 🙏
I like editing skins ❤
First, some good news. Extendedinfo script is now in the official Kodi repo for Matrix + (the old script remains for I think Gotham - Leia but isn't maintained). So version 6.0.1 is current in the Kodi repo.
(2022-11-04, 22:42)alberto1998 Wrote: I only have 2 questions to ask, if I may ask, related to the script.

1) TADB API key, refers to: The Audio Data Base?

Yes. But these days there is a subscription model at TADB which I don't know how many users are interested in, so I have not been testing that.
(2022-11-04, 22:42)alberto1998 Wrote: 2) I noticed that in my skin in the "Recommended by TMDB" section the movies are not clickable, as well as in other sections, is this the correct behavior? or by using this script on various skins something may not work correctly?

That should be working, last I looked at it. Might depend on how you are invoking the script. Debug log might help.

scott s.
EXCEPTION IN  KUTILS

I see now that kutils is throwing an exception (kutils /used to be called kodi65 until Matrix/ does a lot of the backend work for extendedinfo).  I traced it down, and it is caused by another script script.module.autocompletion (pre-Matrix, all these addons were developed/maintained by "phil65" who is no longer involved.  Now with separate devs "owning" them more room for error.)  Any way, the recent update to autocompletion 2.1.1 introduces a stealth dependency on yet another addon, plugin.program.autocompletion.  Stealth in that the addon's "requires" element in addon.xml does not list this addon, so Kodi will happily tries to run the module library without it.

I analyzed that module change, and see that it is using the plugin as a way to get some settings into the module, by having the module directly getting the plugin's settings.

IMO the correct solution is to use something like **kwargs in the module and then the plugin (or any other script using the class/methods of this module) can pass in its settings as arguments, and the module can default to something sane if an existing module doesn't provide those settings.  But I PRed (#3) a workaround to script.module.autocompletion author's github that captures the RuntimeError exception and substitutes code that works as in older versions 2.0.6 and prior.

User workaround is to either install plugin.program.autocompletion from Kodi repo "programs" or revert  script.module.autocompletion to ver 2.0.6/2.0.5.   Sorry about that.

scott s.
(2022-11-30, 22:01)scott967 Wrote:  That should be working, last I looked at it. Might depend on how you are invoking the script. Debug log might help.

scott s.
I invoke the script normally, via the button in the DialogVideoInfo, with the code you provided me.
in version 6.0.1 I notice the same behavior, at this point I think it depends on the skin.

Also I notice this too, it happens with every movie: (https://imgur.com/a/M90EOT2)

it's normal?

Thanks for your help
I like editing skins ❤
Hi,
I also have the problem where many of the items are not clickable. That is, when I click on them, nothing happens.
When I bring up the first panel for a movie, clicking on anything in ''Cast', 'Crew', 'Recommended by TMDB', 'Official Videos', or 'Fanart' does not bring up a new window.
When I click on 'Studios', 'Releases', 'Genres', 'Keywords', 'Reviews', or 'Related Movie Lists', I do get a new window with the information.
This is the same for every movie I tried so far.

Here is debug log uxaxibiwit.kodi (paste)

I clicked on CAST around 7:23, RELATED around 7:25, RECOMMENDED around 7:26, and VIDEOS around 7:27.

Thanks for any help.
I am out of town ATM so not at my dev setup.  I did upload a beta ver 6.0.2 https://github.com/scott967/script.exten.../tag/6.0.2 that fixes an exception when run as plugin, and fixes most everything in the Trakt data handler, so that should be working correctly.

From your log I see you are using skin metropolis and that skin is starting extendedinfo with extendedinfo action.  Also Metropolis is using the default script skin dialog.  I need to look at that as I have a custom dialog skin code in my Aeon MQ5 mod skin, so there might well be some bugs in the default skin code.

As I mentioned, my ability to fix anything will be limited for the next couple of weeks but I will look as I can while on the road.

scott s.
  • 149(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.extendedinfo29