• 8(current)
Release Full bluray and 4k uhd bluray menu support for Android
(2022-07-19, 22:48)lyrebird Wrote: Thank you for the response. I did 32 bit version, and it does not even allow the installation to start.

do you know how to get the 32 bit version to start the installation ? Please share if you know, thanks in advance
Can Someone please guide and advise as what should be the step by step process to add the above into my KODI setup. Currently, I am suing Kodi on my Nvidis Shield Pro and facing the same error in playback of iso files as well as Kodi do not even shows the playvack menu.

Please guide me as how I can apply the above installation or settings so that I can get rid of this iso errors.
Can Someone please guide me with a step by step process to make this work on my kodi please ? I am totally new to Kodi and have very less knowledge of github and all. Please guide me as how can i make this work on my Nvidsia Pro
Dear @fandangos please if you can guide me here --- I am currently using KODI on my Nvidia Shield Pro which fetches all my files from the NAS. The only issue which I am facing now is that in case of iso files as well as BD Folder, Kodi crashes and throws a message that - Playback of Bluray Failed The Menu of this Blu-ray is not supported.
Please guide me on this as this has become an obstacle for me to play iso files or BD Movies.
(2022-09-16, 10:30)nghang2001 Wrote: Thank you admin

This is your first and final warning. Nonsense comments like "Thank you admin" or "very useful content" are not appreciated on this forum.
You can either participate in a meaningful way, or we can engage a definitive size 12 boot onto your behind and say goodbye to you.
It may be just me but it seems like this build is slow and constant framedrops through out the menu navigation and or just in general. Not as fast as the other builds at all loving the bluray menu support tho
@gemini88 
You are not the only one.
Initially, after Kodi have been started, it is very sluggish and unresponsive. But after a while, the unresponsiveness seems to be decrease.
I really want to get the experience with my movies as if I had the discs playing in a bluray-player.

I really hope the Bluray-menu will be added in KodiConfused officiall Android version (I am using the Nvidia Shield).
@Vantskruv yes I hope so to im using Mavens build Nexus much much faster but still no BD menu support even tho it says it was a "added feature" 🤷🏾‍♂️
First post updated. 

As I was working on the Dolby Vision code for Android I decided to update this build and as far as I know this is the only software that can playback 4K Blurays on Android complete with menus (please, correct me if there's anything out there that I don't know).

And since Dolby Vision is now part of Kodi I have updated this build to be synced with Kodi's latest changes.
Libbluray improved a lot since 2021 so not many changes were needed and I figured out a way to put the needed changes in Kodi itself, so libbluray can be updated without compromising the code here.

I also updated the Addon to be in sync with the latest libbluray used by Kodi, which is 1.3.2. 

Tested with the Nvidia Shield and it worked as it should.
@fandangos Thanks for creating this updated version! You say that Dolby Vision is now part of Kodi? Is that also already incorporated in the latest V20 Nexus version? Or are we talking about post-Nexus (i.e. V21)?

Also, is there a reason you only created a 32-bit version and no 64-bit version?

EDIT

I just tried to install this on my Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, but unfortunately it uses the same package name as the regular Kodi Nexus RCs and nightlies.

But I'm currently running those as a 64- bit version, so it's not possible to upgrade or run this in parallel with regular Kodi.
Because I have yet to see anything related to performance difference between 32 and 64bits, specially when we talk about very limited devices like android boxes (shield included).

Also 32bits is compatible with 64bit devices while the opposite isn't true.

Compiling both versions is twice the work, 2 enviroments to setup and twice the size on my limited size ssd that I run linux on.

Also, it would require the 64bits version of the addon.

About package name, that's an easy fix that I can do later.

And Dolby Vision is part of Kodj nightly builds as of today. It's merged.
Was merged only in the Kodi 21 - Omega, it´s not available in the Nexus version (Kodi 20), and I don´t see any new Pull Request to backport to Kodi 20.

Kodi 21 is the only one with FFmpeg 5.2, and Kodi 20 continues using the previous version 4.4.1
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2023-01-09, 21:16)fandangos Wrote: Because I have yet to see anything related to performance difference between 32 and 64bits, specially when we talk about very limited devices like android boxes (shield included).
I was always lead to believe that 64-bit Kodi would have less problems with memory intensive setups. But I never ran the 32-bit version, so I can't be sure.
(2023-01-09, 21:16)fandangos Wrote: Compiling both versions is twice the work, 2 enviroments to setup and twice the size on my limited size ssd that I run linux on.
Understandable.
(2023-01-09, 21:16)fandangos Wrote: About package name, that's an easy fix that I can do later.
That would be cool, especially since this version is based on Omega V21 nightly code and not Nexus.
(2023-01-09, 21:16)fandangos Wrote: And Dolby Vision is part of Kodj nightly builds as of today. It's merged.
From what @jjd-uk wrote here I understand that DV support will only be available in the new Omega V21 nightlies, because it is dependent on ffmpeg 5.2.1 and that will not be backported to Nexus. So I think I will wait for a build with a different package name, to be able to run Nexus and Omega in parallel Smile
DV will be v21 only as it requires the ffmpeg update to 5.2.1 which was also recently merged for v21.
(2023-01-09, 21:46)jjd-uk Wrote: DV will be v21 only as it requires the ffmpeg update to 5.2.1 which was also recently merged for v21.

Thanks for clearing it.

As I only check the commits in the master branch I didn't know there was a difference.

So I need to change the description to Omega.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full bluray and 4k uhd bluray menu support for Android0