• 8(current)
WIP ITVhub
(2023-01-14, 03:10)kereltje Wrote: Premium shows should already be there and have never been hidden. Since version 0.6.0 there is a setting to hide premium content, which defaults to 'off'. Premium show are marked 'itvX premium' in yellow above the plot description, but the next version does a better job marking these shows. You need of course a paid itv account to able to watch premium content.
Thank you for your reply. 

I must have missed your latest release and didn't have 0.6.0. I have now installed and see premium content. Have you ever considered creating your own repo so your excellent work is auto updated?

I don't currently have a premium account but was about to get one so was checking that it actually works in your app.

What I see now is all the series listed for premium content but I do not see listed the episodes within. I assume I will see them when I have a premium account? My settings to hide premium content is off.

Are there any plans to allow downloads?
Quote:What I see now is all the series listed for premium content but I do not see listed the episodes within.
To be clear; all premium content should always have been listed by default, but may not have been marked as such. There are some collections dedicated to premium, but there are also a lot of premium items in the various categories.

The only change in 0.6.0 is the add-on now marking premium content with a text in yellow, but it still misses some, e.g. the episodes of a premium programme. If content isn't marked premium it doesn't always mean that the content itself isn't. When you try to play premium without a paid account you'll get an error, which will be handled a bit more elegantly in the next version.

If you mean that you don't see any episodes listed at all, it's a bug and I would very much like to know which programme that is and what menu route you took to get there.

I do not have a premium account, so I can't tell if and how it works, but I don't see any reason why it shouldn't. If you ever decide to take a paid account, or if there is anyone else how has one, I would be very interested to hear how that works on Kodi.

There are currently no plans to support downloads. I know itv offers download of some material on mobile, but I have no idea how that works in practice. At 'some point in time' I may have a look at it.

Regarding repository:
The addon is still a work in progress (wip) and for that reason posted in the development section of the forum, hoping to attract the interest of more experienced users willing to test the add-on and report issues back. I feel that testers should be in complete control of which version they are running - automatic updates doesn't fit the stage the add-on is in at the moment. In the future I'll try to get it in the official kodi repo rather than create my own.
(2023-01-14, 17:42)kereltje Wrote:
Quote:What I see now is all the series listed for premium content but I do not see listed the episodes within.

If you mean that you don't see any episodes listed at all, it's a bug and I would very much like to know which programme that is and what menu route you took to get there.
Thank you for your reply.

The program I was looking at was Heartbeat and I used two methods.

First I used the search option. I typed Heartbeat and saw 217 episodes were available. I then selected this and I saw series 1 to 15, and series 18. That's exactly what's available in the official app (In the official app series 1 to 15 are premium but 18 isn't).

This bit is rather odd. It doesn't matter what series I select I then see all the other series (not episodes) and all the episodes from series 18. The series I selected disappears.

I then tried another method. Categories, Drama and Soaps, Heartbeat (says 16 series). After selecting Heartbeat exactly the same thing happened as did using the search option.
Quote: It doesn't matter what series I select I then see all the other series (not episodes) and all the episodes from series 18. The series I selected disappears
The episodes you see are in fact the episodes of the series you've selected. Check the reaction to naszdom's question in this post.
This behaviour will change in the next version to something consistent with navigating into a folder.

Thanks for pointing out that series 18 is free in an otherwise premium programme. Something to have a look at.
(2023-01-14, 20:54)kereltje Wrote:
Quote: It doesn't matter what series I select I then see all the other series (not episodes) and all the episodes from series 18. The series I selected disappears
The episodes you see are in fact the episodes of the series you've selected. Check the reaction to naszdom's question in this post.
This behaviour will change in the next version to something consistent with navigating into a folder.

Thanks for pointing out that series 18 is free in an otherwise premium programme. Something to have a look at.
Sorry you are correct the episodes are those of the series I selected I was confused by all the other series showing and the episodes following series 18. 

Series 18 was always free, in fact 16, 17, and 18 were. Free shows only stay for a certain period, at this time 18 only has from episode 3 and tomorrow it will probably be from episode 4 until they all disappear. I find it rather odd that ITVx didn't put all Heartbeat series up as premium.

It appears everything is working as it should in your app, series 18 is not shown as premium and it plays without a premium subscription. It's mixed in with all the other series but that's exactly how it is in the official app.
Updated to Nexus and this add-on doesn't work anymore for me it won't even open. The first attempt gives me an error the second just hangs following which I experience Kodi crashing. Is this something to do the the previous posts about inputstream.adaptive? Is this work in progress to fix?
@chrissxuk,
Have you tried with the version listed in the post listed above?
Version plugin.video.itvhub_0.7.0-t-7.zip from this link should work on 20 & 21.
(2023-01-17, 19:51)OTinley Wrote: @chrissxuk,
Version plugin.video.itvhub_0.7.0-t-7.zip from this link should work on 20 & 21.

21? I thought they only released 20 yesterday. I will give it a try, thank you. I can't keep up with all these new versions I guess it's necessary to read every comment.

Is there something odd in the Nexus settings preventing me from installing from a zip file? I downloaded your zip and I know it's on my device because I can see it in file explorer but I can't see it in Kodi to install it.
I do not know what your device is but on Windows 11, nothing has changed.

Have you switched to 'Expert' mode in Kodi to allow to install from zip?
(2023-01-17, 21:23)OTinley Wrote: I do not know what your device is but on Windows 11, nothing has changed.

Have you switched to 'Expert' mode in Kodi to allow to install from zip?

I am using a Shield and Firestick. I haven't looked at the Firestick yet the issue at the moment is with the Shield. I have expert settings and the problem isn't I can't see the install from zip the problem is I can't see any zips.

I fixed not seeing the zips it was the permissions in the Kodi app on my Shield. I installed your zip and all good now thanks.

And added bonus I'm getting HD now on catch-up. 🙂
Quote:And added bonus I'm getting HD now on catch-up.

Indeed some movies are in 1080P, but most of the catchup content is at 720p.
Please don't use the zips from tests for normal use. The add-ons in tests are exactly that: tests and could do anything from running quite nicely to completely wreck your system, and may even be designed to do so.
The tests web directory is only for my own convenience to distribute a test to various devices. Only run a specific test addon when you are asked participate in a test.

The incremental numbering of tests is only to distinguish one from the other, it has nothing to do with progress on the development of the add-on. Tests are NOT nightly builds. If you want to follow development in detail you better watch/clone the github repo.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ITVhub0