Kodi 20 vs Kodi 19.4 and Subtitles are on by default now
I have been using Kodi 19.4 with my windows 10 machine and watching movies stored in iso format with the subs and audio options all included.  Since updating to Kodi 20 I get subs on everytime I watch a video and I go in and change that to off.  Then set this as a default but it keeps on resetting and turning on subs each time I play any video.  I did not get this issue in 19.4.  Because of this I reverted back to 19.4 on same box and the problem goes away.  I would however prefer running the newest build but to be honest I don't want to have to disable subs each time I start a video.  

Have not seen this on the web when I search so I am not sure if this is affecting anyone else or not.  Which is why I decided to come here and ask.  I really have no idea why this issue began with version 20 but it did.
Have an update for my question.  I had a chance to run some tests and it appears the subs are not really on for every iso I play. 

ISO Contents:

1)  BD Movie - No Sub on by default
2) DVD Movie - No Sub on by default
3) TV Series DVD - Sub always on no matter the tv show.  

That is based on the content I have access to.  With that being the case it may not be a Kodi issue at all except for the strange coincidence of 19.4 not starting the subs and 20 starting them.  I did have a chance after I posted to check about 100 different kinds of titles and was able to narrow it down to the tv series content on dvd.  I wish I understood more on what in 20 triggered the issue in the first place but unfortunately I have no clue.
If you upgraded from 19.x to 20.x, delete your guisettings.xml and re-configure all your options.

If it still happens, play something, then bring up the OSD, go to the subtitles settings (inside the OSD), disable the subtitles and save it for all media.

[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 20 vs Kodi 19.4 and Subtitles are on by default now0