WIP Madnox.Redux ( Matrix - Nexus+ ) (WIP)
Nice work man. Smile

One more bug i know of, when you link movies to tv shows there is an overlap in the icon info area

HTPC: AMD Ryzen 9 7900 | AMD Radeon RX 7600 XT | 32GB DDR5 6000 | 2x WD Black SN770 1TB + 182TB HDD.
TV/Audio: LG OLED CX 77 | Yamaha RX-A3070 | 5.1.2 Atmos Speaker Setup

Software:
Kodi: v21.0 Omega | Skin: Madnox.Redux v21.00.11 | OS: Windows 11 Home
(2024-02-05, 13:01)Simkin84 Wrote: One bug that comes in mind; When using Pixel Shaders or DXVA it still says decoding: software when pressing "O" in the player. If i change skin to original it shows correct (HW)

It shows this on both my HTPC with AMD 5700G and my Desktop with RTX 4090.
After a late night burn, I figured I'd spruce up the page, thoughts?

Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-02-14, 18:19)Simkin84 Wrote: Nice work man. Smile

One more bug i know of, when you link movies to tv shows there is an overlap in the icon info area

https://postimg.cc/n9kmRCjf

That is not a view I normally use, so tell me exactly how to that up so I can take a look at it.
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
Icon Info: Portrait
HTPC: AMD Ryzen 9 7900 | AMD Radeon RX 7600 XT | 32GB DDR5 6000 | 2x WD Black SN770 1TB + 182TB HDD.

Software:
(2024-02-14, 18:23)kittmaster Wrote:
(2024-02-05, 13:01)Simkin84 Wrote: One bug that comes in mind; When using Pixel Shaders or DXVA it still says decoding: software when pressing "O" in the player. If i change skin to original it shows correct (HW)

Looks good to me Smile

Software:
(2024-02-14, 21:46)Simkin84 Wrote:
(2024-02-14, 18:23)kittmaster Wrote:

Looks good to me Smile

Added one more update, version build name and version.

Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-02-14, 21:44)Simkin84 Wrote: Icon Info: Portrait

I can see the issue on my end, the question is how to solve it. This one will probably take me a bit to sort out, but I at least know how to replicate it. Can't promise anything until I get a bit stronger on fixes, but it will remain on the radar now that I know how to recreate it.
Mr. V's Original Source

I found the offending code that is causing this:

Code:

<control type="group">
            <visible>Control.IsVisible(530)</visible>
            <include content="AnimationSlideBottomWindow">
                <param name="slide">220</param>
            </include>
            <include condition="Window.IsVisible(MyVideoNav.xml)">MediaFlagsTVShows</include>
            <include condition="Window.IsVisible(MyVideoNav.xml)">MediaFlagsVideos4</include>
        </control>

It is including both sets of media flags at the same time and because one is a Movie and one is a TV Show it makes both conditions true and because they are linked together, you get both shown overlapping at the same time.

If I comment out one or the other... it would work as expected if you hover or select over the TV Show or Movie where you get the Media Flags of one or the other and nothing if not selected.

I'm looking at seeing if I can do something with intelligent visibility based on selection when they are together like this, but so far it either doesn't work at all or it just doesn't respond, so more digging is needed to see how to fix it. It shouldn't be hard, I think it is just a conditional logic flow issue.
Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-02-15, 14:57)kittmaster Wrote:

Code:

<control type="group">
            </include>
            <include condition="Window.IsVisible(MyVideoNav.xml)">MediaFlagsTVShows</include>
            <include condition="Window.IsVisible(MyVideoNav.xml)">MediaFlagsVideos4</include>
        </control>

It is including both sets of media flags at the same time and because one is a Movie and one is a TV Show it makes both conditions true and because they are linked together, you get both shown overlapping at the same time.

If I comment out one or the other... it would work as expected if you hover or select over the TV Show or Movie where you get the Media Flags of one or the other and nothing if not selected.

I'm looking at seeing if I can do something with intelligent visibility based on selection when they are together like this, but so far it either doesn't work at all or it just doesn't respond, so more digging is needed to see how to fix it. It shouldn't be hard, I think it is just a conditional logic flow issue.
Ok, good you have located the issue. Take your time. I'll post here if i remember other bugs.

Software:
(2024-02-15, 18:14)Simkin84 Wrote:
(2024-02-15, 14:57)kittmaster Wrote:

Code:

<control type="group">
            </include>
        </control>

Ok, good you have located the issue. Take your time. I'll post here if i remember other bugs.

I found the issue with some good assist from folks in Skin Dev area who chimed in when I reached out for some help. I was able to repair the error and rewrite the code to solve the problem.

You can see it in action here and verify this is what your expectation is:

http://kittmaster.com/imagedump/kodi/ski...onFix.html

Greetz,
Chris
Mr. V's Original Source
Nice work Chris! two bugs sorted out.

Software:
Status Update:

I am actively working on this each night and it almost seems like by distractive approach as I find multiple things that are going on with this skin behind the scenes jumping from one WTF to the other. I am finding things like missing assets, missing includes, all kinds of errors in the logs even outside of Omega requirements, Omega requirements themselves, other various things as mentioned needing attention. I've stopped bug hunting (short term) to shore up deprecation issues and trying to get things into compliance. While the skin is certainly not in any danger of not working, there are a lot of things I'm trying to patch up and of course learning as I go.... from my perspective....it's slow and laborious and I was hoping to be able to blast through a lot of it quickly.... that certainly isn't the case.

I am just putting it out there that I'm not in any way discouraged or not wanting to continue, just that it is moving a lot slower than I anticipated. So I don't want folks to think it is a half assed effort, it isn't, just a lot of things to look at and try to understand the workflow and the whole "what was he thinking" type of thing.

I am also resolving how to create repositories so that it can be updated as any other repository, so that requires some learning on my end on how to do it.

So just wanted to put it out there as to why you haven't seen any incremental updates to the master repository yet. I have my own personal SVN on my personal server where all my commits go, when I'm ready to be able to "release" the skin to a normal user, then I'll push it all out for others to have the latest updates. My goal is to target within the next month to get most of it in place based on what I know now but don't hold my feet to the fire on that, could swing a few weeks either way.

Anyway, I am grateful that I have had some help from folks here and wanted to provide an update to kind of where I'm at.

Greetz,
Chris
Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-02-21, 02:00)kittmaster Wrote: of course learning as I go....

Hi @kittmaster!

It is absolutely understandable... you have to get familiarized with this skin and all its intricacies. And of course, this is mostly a hobby that you took up to do in your spare time. We are grateful that you put the time you have to spare into this project and, as I said earlier, if we have waited years we can wait as long as you need. Keep up the good work and just drop a line if there is anything I can be helpful with.

Regards,
@kittmaster Thank you for reviving this skin
@kittmaster

It might be a bit obvious to mention this, but I am assuming you've checked out Mr. V's GitHub page for Aeon Madnox as a starting-point for areas that were still WIP at the point Mr. V disappeared. It's also important to note that this skin has been worked on by at least 5 different developers (to my limited knowledge), across multiple revisions of Kodi. So it's no surprise to me that the code is a bit of a mess. But in the absence of anyone else taking up the mantle of keeping it alive in the same form and feature level as was originally intended, you have my thanks.

Smile

Dan / Gib.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Madnox.Redux ( Matrix - Nexus+ ) (WIP)0