WIP Madnox.Redux ( Matrix - Nexus+ ) (WIP)
@kittmaster,

Sorry, my bad. it's been a while since I checked it. I'll have another look.

Smile

Dan / Gib.
(2024-03-11, 23:57)gibxxi Wrote: @kittmaster,

Smile

Dan / Gib.

The repo is screwed... I split it and now it isn't working, have some feelers out to see what's wrong with it, you can still download the .zip file though... should be v20.00.11 is the latest and greatest.

I am working on the Kodi Texture Tool, so that is burning up some of my time.
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-03-12, 02:27)kittmaster Wrote:
(2024-03-11, 23:57)gibxxi Wrote: @kittmaster,

Smile

Dan / Gib.

The repo is screwed... I split it and now it isn't working, have some feelers out to see what's wrong with it, you can still download the .zip file though... should be v20.00.11 is the latest and greatest.

I am working on the Kodi Texture Tool, so that is burning up some of my time.

Repo is fully operational.

Status as of 3/15/2024:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3181667
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
I believe I've corrected the "Video" video thumbnail image aspect ratio request. This particular request will always come down to a catch 22 but I think the change makes more sense this way going forward. Previously the video set in "Cover list" render mode, when the skin generates the video thumbnail, the texture is hardcode to 1:1 aspect and XML to follow the size of the texture. I modified it for "landscape" outside of a fixed landscape value i.e. 16:9, and enlarged it as much as the given area to maximize the thumbnail as possible. Since most of the material going forward is going to landscape material vs. traditional 4:3 it made sense to go this way.

The only down side may be is if it reverts to images where they are portrait mode 9:16 and that creates a short portrait mode.... I'll cross that bridge when I come to it assume there is any call for a fix for image processing in that mode... I think I could build in some logic to auto select the aspect ratio basic on the material but that would take some legwork and not a priority.....at least not right now.

So I took a few screen shots of the fix, let me know what you think.

Chris

Mr. V's Original Source
Final fix to updated diagnostics panel, I made a lot more formatting changes to it, IMHO, I like it a bit more and thought certain things needed to be caps, capitalized, and every word capped.

Special thanks to mikeSiLVO for pointing out the Dummy PVR so I could properly test this and reformat it correctly for Movies, TVs, Videos, and PVR functions.

Here is the final rendition, feedback welcome:

Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-04-02, 03:32)kittmaster Wrote: I've corrected the "Video" video thumbnail image aspect ratio request

Awesome Chris! 
Thank you.
(2024-04-02, 03:53)kittmaster Wrote: Final fix to updated diagnostics panel

Everything all right Chris, thank you!
I still need to update the Repo, so don't look for it yet, I am looking to roll out the media flags at the same time. That will take some more time, but I have a new strategy which won't involve all the gymnastics that have been going on to make it work with the Web-DL stuff.

I will be creating another placeholder for the Web-DL flag so if the term is the filename that it will pop next to the existing values etc. But I have a handle on how I want to do it now and understand Kodi's decision matrix.

They don't support sub 480p which is a poor decision but whatever, I can code in the checks for those which I've done for things like 70's/80's music videos that never made it beyond 360p etc.

Anyway, hopefully have that wrapped up soon. 

On top of releasing the texture tool minus the auto updater (WIP).

Regards,
Chris
Mr. V's Original Source
Thanks for your recent efforts, Chris.

A quick bug report, as this one is doing my head in. A lot of the pop-up info-dialog windows (for music library, video library and add-ons) do not respond to cursor keys or remote D-Pad keys, which is a bit of a problem when all you have is a six-button OSMC remote control. The sounds play, but the cursor/focus does not move. Also, the add-on 'Versions' button, within the Info-dialog screen for add-ons, currently, does nothing. So it means I need to change to a different skin in order to check version info for the add-ons I have installed.

If you need screenshots, let me know.

Dan / Gib.

EDIT: Your addon.xml for version 21.00.11 of Aeon Madnox has an incorrect line that will force Kodi to disable the skin on each launch, under Omega:

Code:
mport addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.15.0"/>
It should be 5.17.0. (And yes, this is the latest version, as pulled from your own repo).
(2024-04-06, 21:43)gibxxi Wrote: Thanks for your recent efforts, Chris.

A quick bug report, as this one is doing my head in. A lot of the pop-up info-dialog windows (for music library, video library and add-ons) do not respond to cursor keys or remote D-Pad keys, which is a bit of a problem when all you have is a six-button OSMC remote control. The sounds play, but the cursor/focus does not move. Also, the add-on 'Versions' button, within the Info-dialog screen for add-ons, currently, does nothing. So it means I need to change to a different skin in order to check version info for the add-ons I have installed.

If you need screenshots, let me know.

Dan / Gib.

EDIT: Your addon.xml for version 21.00.11 of Aeon Madnox has an incorrect line that will force Kodi to disable the skin on each launch, under Omega:

Code:
mport addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.15.0"/>
It should be 5.17.0. (And yes, this is the latest version, as pulled from your own repo).

Show me the link you pulled it from.

The addons file link to Omega from my repo is here:

And it shows 5.17.
Mr. V's Original Source
It might be prudent to differentiate more between Kodi codenames, perhaps using different versioning altogether. Having v21.00.11 be for Matrix, Nexus, and also Omega could get extremely confusing…
(2024-04-07, 08:38)mikeSiLVO Wrote: It might be prudent to differentiate more between Kodi codenames, perhaps using different versioning altogether. Having v21.00.11 be for Matrix, Nexus, and also Omega could get extremely confusing…

It initially went to that because Mr.V was already at 20, the next iteration for a new start was a natural evolution to 21 without any consideration (or knowledgebase) of Kodi's position at that time:

Mr. V's Original Source
I tried to do an install from the repo on a clean install of Kodi. As I run all my Kodi instances as 'portable' installs, I simply started a new instance without the '/p' switch, installed the repo (as per your wiki instructions), and installed the skin that way, then checked the addon.xml with notepad++, and the correct version was downloaded. For some reason (that I cannot fathom), it's not doing that with the portable install that was upgraded from Nexus to Omega. It seems to still be pulling from the Nexus branch.

I even tried removing and re-installing the repo and skin, but without a restart of Kodi. So I don't know what's going on here. The bizarre thing is, the UI is telling me that there's an 'update available', but each time it attempts to pull/download it, it only gets to 60% downloaded, before declaring that it's 'not compatible with this version of Kodi.'

I've been having some severe latency issues with my internet connection of late, which I'm also at a loss to work out why. My ISP has diagnosed the connection, and determined there are no issues, so it must be something wrong with my LAN setup here, if it's the root cause.

Dan / Gib.

EDIT/Update: Cleared out the 'packages' folder under the addons folder, and it updated fine, to the correct version. So it would appear that, with my current network issue(s), it meant it was defaulting to simply using the already downloaded version, for Nexus, in the 'packages' folder due to the skin having the same version number across both the Nexus and Omega versions of the skin.
I can't speak to the Omega part but in the few times I did use the Repo to update it, it worked correctly. I believe a couple others have tried/tested it as well and it succeeded as the latest version you just did.

All 3 of my test beds are portables as well and my normal install is also using the repo.

What I "think" might have happened is that Omega went from RC2, to Beta, and now in Release, if I was a betting man, I'm going to say there is a problem in the revision range and I'll need to adjust it. I'll have a look at it some time today and report back what I find. Hang tight.
Mr. V's Original Source
See my edit/update above. Due to network latency, it was simply pulling the Nexus version from the 'packages' folder, as both Nexus and Omega versions share the same version number. At least that's the way it looks to me. I would therefore expect that if you simply 'bump' the Omega version of the skin to '21.00.12' then it won't try to use the version already present in the 'packages' folder upon network / internet timeouts.

Sorry for the confusion in any case. I should've thought to check the 'packages' folder before I made my first post on this issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Madnox.Redux ( Matrix - Nexus+ ) (WIP)0