v21 [Omega] Amber for v21
(2024-04-17, 20:12)Riot504 Wrote: Bug report:
When browsing folders not in the library in file mode if the folder contains fanart.jpg Amber will use that as the background for the individual folder.
It is no longer displaying backgrounds inside or outside the folders in Omega

Here's where the feature was originally added
https://github.com/MikeSiLVO/skin.amber/...66c8fa2c28

Thanks!

Based on my quick testing, it works as expected. I added a folder to videos > sources but did not assign any content to it. I added a fanart.jpg and it appears as the background when the setting is enabled.
(2024-04-18, 12:23)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2024-04-17, 20:12)Riot504 Wrote: Bug report:
When browsing folders not in the library in file mode if the folder contains fanart.jpg Amber will use that as the background for the individual folder.
It is no longer displaying backgrounds inside or outside the folders in Omega

Here's where the feature was originally added
https://github.com/MikeSiLVO/skin.amber/...66c8fa2c28

Thanks!

Based on my quick testing, it works as expected. I added a folder to videos > sources but did not assign any content to it. I added a fanart.jpg and it appears as the background when the setting is enabled.
Huh weird. So I had tried it on two different Win64 PCs with fresh installs testing the skin on Omega. Nothing.
I figured it out though since it worked for you.

It seems the "Use fanart.jpg if present in folder or parent folder" toggle does nothing or I'm just misunderstanding it
 "Show fanart background on sub windows" is what actually enables the backgrounds

"use fanart.jpg" - yes  "show fanart background" - no  = no background
"use fanart.jpg" - yes  "show fanart background" - yes = background
"use fanart.jpg" - no   "show fanart background" - yes = background

I had only toggled "use fanart.jpg" on the test PCs while my main machines that are still on Nexus that worked have "show fanart background" enabled. Funny thing is my my main machines have "use fanart.jpg" set to no.

I assume you had both enabled in your test because it worked. If not I'm not sure what's going on.

Thanks for helping me figure it out. Apologies for wasting your time on this.
(2024-04-18, 18:48)Riot504 Wrote: Huh weird. So I had tried it on two different Win64 PCs with fresh installs testing the skin on Omega. Nothing.

It seems the "Use fanart.jpg if present in folder or parent folder" toggle does nothing or I'm just misunderstanding it
 "Show fanart background on sub windows" is what actually enables the backgrounds

I had only toggled "use fanart.jpg" on the test PCs while my main machines that are still on Nexus that worked have "show fanart background" enabled. Funny thing is my my main machines have "use fanart.jpg" set to no.

I assume you had both enabled in your test because it worked. If not I'm not sure what's going on.

It looks like Kodi is adding fanart.jpg to the artwork table so not sure if this is even necessary... might be an Omega thing only tho.
The latest update on GitHub has Video Versions added and I think that's the last thing left for Omega.
Great stuff - thank you for helping keep this alive. Do you have plans to get this into the official Kodi repo at all?
(2024-04-22, 17:00)Billy Wrote: Great stuff - thank you for helping keep this alive. Do you have plans to get this into the official Kodi repo at all?

Once some time has gone by to make sure it has been tested enough, I can contact Bart/bsoriano and get his permission. If that happens, I can PR it for review to the Kodi repo.
(2024-04-22, 15:56)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2024-04-18, 18:48)Riot504 Wrote: Huh weird. So I had tried it on two different Win64 PCs with fresh installs testing the skin on Omega. Nothing.

It looks like Kodi is adding fanart.jpg to the artwork table so not sure if this is even necessary... might be an Omega thing only tho.
It was a requested feature I asked Bart for in 2020 back in Leia I think. It was mainly because I use a separate share not in the library for the kid's videos. Needed to be added back then but that was long ago so I imagine you're right.
Many thanks for keeping Amber alive!

I've only noticed one thing not working as before after upgrading, In Movies / Sets, if the movie doesn't have landscape picture it will show no pic not the main pic as before. If I select "Use Landscape" in the View settings it quickly becomes apparent which sets will have bg and which not. Previously all of them did.

no bg: https://o.o5.ddns.net/nobg
bg: https://o.o5.ddns.net/bg
landscape view showing which won't have bg: https://o.o5.ddns.net/landscape
Missed this. Thanks a lot for updating Amber. It's nice to have more choices on Omega.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2024-04-24, 17:14)C.G.B. Spender Wrote: Many thanks for keeping Amber alive!

I've only noticed one thing not working as before after upgrading, In Movies / Sets, if the movie doesn't have landscape picture it will show no pic not the main pic as before. If I select "Use Landscape" in the View settings it quickly becomes apparent which sets will have bg and which not. Previously all of them did.

no bg: https://o.o5.ddns.net/nobg
bg: https://o.o5.ddns.net/bg
landscape view showing which won't have bg: https://o.o5.ddns.net/landscape

I cannot replicate any of that.

If the item has no landscape image it falls back to fanart.

If both don't exist then it falls back to DefaultFolder.png

Are you sure those items actually have fanart?

Doublecheck by opening the context menu --> Choose art and see if it's not empty.

Seeing this happening, I keep on hoping that someday a capable developer will decide to resurrect the Transparency! skin.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2024-04-25, 20:17)ashlar Wrote: Seeing this happening, I keep on hoping that someday a capable developer will decide to resurrect the Transparency! skin.
Transparency! (WIP)
(2024-04-25, 20:46)Hitcher Wrote:
(2024-04-25, 20:17)ashlar Wrote: Seeing this happening, I keep on hoping that someday a capable developer will decide to resurrect the Transparency! skin.
Transparency! (WIP)
OMG!!! mikeSiLVO is reading my mind! Big Grin
Hi mikeSiLVO

First thanks for all your work in updating Amber. This has been the skin I have used for years and I really appreciate your work.

I'm having a problem where fanart is not being downloaded for newly created shows. I use Emby for managing my media, along with the plugin for Kodi. For any newly added directories no fanart is shown. Interestingly if I go to menu / information on the show then the fanart does appear.

I'm think this is down to Amber as it works using the default skin.
Indeed the items without bg have no fanart only the main picture, but in my recollection in the old Amber this was used (appearing grossly enlarged on account how it scaled portrait pic to landscape, but still better than no bg imho) when no other pic was available. Skimming through my Sets it's about 3/4 of the items that do not have bg. What I'm trying to say is I might be misremembering stuff, but on account of how many sets now do not have bg now I believe I'd notice if that was the case in the old amber. In any case this is a very minor cosmetic issue perhaps unique to my setup (I use kodi-jellyfin not direct access to files) and I would not want it to take your time from working on more important issues.

If I could one last unrelated question: I installed manually from your github repo, whats the best way to find out it was published to official repo so I can reinstall form there to get auto updates in future?

Many thanks for updating Amber it is my favourite skin ever when it comes to being able to customize pretty much everything as I want.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Omega] Amber for v210