• 26(current)
State of Kodi Media Players: Best Options in 2024
Dual boot works just as well, with AM6B+ booting into CE when you do a soft reboot, power off using the power button, or unplug/replug the box manually. So. it's almost as the Android OS side is hidden. I installed the Projectivy Launcher on the Android side to make it more remote friendly (vs. needing a keyboard or air mouse), but most made for Android TV apps don't install or work properly.

Did try Kodi on the Android side out of curiosity, and it looks like TV-led DV is supported. But, as playback & performance are quite bad, it isn't useful. From the time I selected a test clip until it actually played was about 31 seconds. On the CE side, it's pretty instant as expected. I'm wired, and speed tests on both Android & CE sides show I'm getting near gigabit speeds streaming from my NAS. With the DV FEL test clips, only the FEL DT DL P7 CMV4.0 4000nits v3 clip played fine start to end, the FEL Power Rangers End Credits clips froze half-way through, and the FEL All Layers Test (w/woman at 80s) froze as soon as it started.

[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2024-05-19, 21:18)hdmkv Wrote: On the CE side, it's pretty instant as expected. I'm wired, and speed tests on both Android & CE sides show I'm getting near gigabit speeds streaming from my NAS. With the DV FEL test clips, only the FEL DT DL P7 CMV4.0 4000nits v3 clip played fine start to end, the FEL Power Rangers End Credits clips froze half-way through, and the FEL All Layers Test (w/woman at 80s) froze as soon as it started.
Wait... you mean DV P7 FEL is malfunctioning? On Ugoos AM6b+ with CoreELEC?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2024-05-21, 12:24)ashlar Wrote:
(2024-05-19, 21:18)hdmkv Wrote: On the CE side, it's pretty instant as expected. I'm wired, and speed tests on both Android & CE sides show I'm getting near gigabit speeds streaming from my NAS. With the DV FEL test clips, only the FEL DT DL P7 CMV4.0 4000nits v3 clip played fine start to end, the FEL Power Rangers End Credits clips froze half-way through, and the FEL All Layers Test (w/woman at 80s) froze as soon as it started.
Wait... you mean DV P7 FEL is malfunctioning? On Ugoos AM6b+ with CoreELEC?

NO, with Kodi on Android, as I understand him; and since DV P7 FEL works for me in CE without any problem...
Hello everyone,
I'm looking for a top box for my new Samsung OLED S90C and I have some doubts that maybe you can help me to solve.
The main use will be for KODI (streaming from internet and much less locally) but I'd like to be able to use the streaming services too (NETFLIX and co.)
Initially I was headed towards the NVIDIA Shield, but as described in the main post, it starts to show its age and lacks HDR10+ support. The main selling point for me is the well renowed and mostly praised upscaler, which i suppose can be very useful with content below 4k.
The other candidate is the Fire Cube, but I cannot find much info about the upscaler with respect to the Shield one.
Finally, lately I found out that there are devices with Dolby VS10 engine, which from my understanding should be capable of converting Dolby Vision content in HDR10+, which can be immensely helpful since Samsung's TV do not support Dolby Vision.
But also about the VS10 engine I couldn't find much info nor testing or comparisons.
From your knowledge and experience, which can be the better choice for me?
Thank you very much
Take a look here; examples in post #18
(2024-05-21, 19:32)Sholander Wrote: Take a look here; examples in post #18
I think this link could be added to the opening post, as it's something people are going to ask about from time to time.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Done, thanks.
(2024-05-21, 15:57)Sholander Wrote: NO, with Kodi on Android, as I understand him; and since DV P7 FEL works for me in CE without any problem...
Right, on the Android side. DV P7 FEL works, but performance is subpar.
Hi all I'm hoping one of you can give me some advice on my new Ugoos AM6B+.
I'm pretty happy with its general performance but it seems quite a buggy device, most notably if I leave it powered on.
I'm coming to this device from an Odroid N2+ which I leave powered on 24/7 and when I come to use the N2+ whether it be idle for 2 hours, 2 days or 2 weeks it just works, however with the Ugoos even just leaving it on overnight means the next day its locked up and unusable or sometimes in the best case scenario I have a chance to reboot it before it locks up.
I'm trying to perfect my Kodi/coreELEC setup on the Ugoos before installing it onto the EMMC so am running the device from a USB stick still,
has anyone else run into this type of problem? Could it be that running from USB is my problem and installing on EMMC is the cure?
When its working this little box is great, but atm I'm thinking going back to my little Odroid box might be better than having the ability to play DV Sad
(2024-05-25, 21:45)stammie Wrote: Hi all I'm hoping one of you can give me some advice on my new Ugoos AM6B+.
I'm pretty happy with its general performance but it seems quite a buggy device, most notably if I leave it powered on.
I'm coming to this device from an Odroid N2+ which I leave powered on 24/7 and when I come to use the N2+ whether it be idle for 2 hours, 2 days or 2 weeks it just works, however with the Ugoos even just leaving it on overnight means the next day its locked up and unusable or sometimes in the best case scenario I have a chance to reboot it before it locks up.
I'm trying to perfect my Kodi/coreELEC setup on the Ugoos before installing it onto the EMMC so am running the device from a USB stick still,
has anyone else run into this type of problem? Could it be that running from USB is my problem and installing on EMMC is the cure?
When its working this little box is great, but atm I'm thinking going back to my little Odroid box might be better than having the ability to play DV Sad
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3198315
If you want Dolby Vision you need Android installed on emmc.
(2024-05-25, 23:17)MatteN Wrote:
(2024-05-25, 21:45)stammie Wrote: Hi all I'm hoping one of you can give me some advice on my new Ugoos AM6B+.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3198315
If you want Dolby Vision you need Android installed on emmc.

Yes, but CoreElec can also be installed to eMMC besides existing Android installation in "Dual Boot" mode; and that I think @stammie is asking.

@stammie, Odroid N2 is quite a different beast; it is not an Android box, but a SBC (Single Board Computer) which is designed to be on all the time, and besides that, it does not need any Android to run CoreElec.

To address your problem, is it with CE or with Android that it locks up? I presume it's CE and I think, since Android "manages" this box, you should boot to Android and in Settings check that USB power is on all the time. Maybe that is your problem. I run my CE from an uSD and have not such problems, because that port is always powered.
(2024-05-13, 18:58)Sholander Wrote: @bossanova808
I use Harmony 650 IR with AM6B+. Harmony is set as for X-Box (XBMC) with IR Power Button captured-transferred from original Ugoos remote. For me, it works satisfactory...

@Sholander I use a Harmony 555, IR. Some questions on the above:

1) How did you get the "X-Box (XBMC)" device added? The software I use for Harmony (7.7.0 legacy version, I think it's the same for you with 650) makes me go through Device/Manufacturer/Model requesters and I don't know how to search for a specific model (or I don't remember, it's been ages since I have had the need to add a new device).

2) My CoreELEC installation was set with IR protocol "NEC". Is that the one you are using or did you need to change it?
1) I don't remember; I have done it years ago choosing from online data base. My Logitech software version is also 7.7.0 and for this device it says "OTT TV BOX Android TV Box (X92)". That was my box for which the remote was originally set. Never had to change it since it works on all Amlogic boxes I had after X92 with S912 SoC.
2) I have also always used default "NEC" protocol. The only thing that I had to change for different boxes is transfer IR power code via "Learn infrared commands" option -> PowerToggle from original remotes.
(2024-05-26, 23:54)Sholander Wrote: 1) I don't remember; I have done it years ago choosing from online data base. My Logitech software version is also 7.7.0 and for this device it says "OTT TV BOX Android TV Box (X92)". That was my box for which the remote was originally set. Never had to change it since it works on all Amlogic boxes I had after X92 with S912 SoC.
2) I have also always used default "NEC" protocol. The only thing that I had to change for different boxes is transfer IR power code via "Learn infrared commands" option -> PowerToggle from original remotes.
Thanks, this ought to set me on the right course.
(2024-05-26, 00:33)Sholander Wrote:
(2024-05-25, 23:17)MatteN Wrote:  

Yes, but CoreElec can also be installed to eMMC besides existing Android installation in "Dual Boot" mode; and that I think @stammie is asking.

@stammie, Odroid N2 is quite a different beast; it is not an Android box, but a SBC (Single Board Computer) which is designed to be on all the time, and besides that, it does not need any Android to run CoreElec.

To address your problem, is it with CE or with Android that it locks up? I presume it's CE and I think, since Android "manages" this box, you should boot to Android and in Settings check that USB power is on all the time. Maybe that is your problem. I run my CE from an uSD and have not such problems, because that port is always powered.

Yes I will be setting it up on dual boot.

All my USB settings in Android look good so I think I'll try running from a uSD to see how that goes.
Thanks for your help
So, if I want a Kodi box that can do a good job of playing Dolby Vision videos - including, in particular, dual-layer UHD blu ray remuxes that have been packaged as MKVs - what options should I be considering?
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
State of Kodi Media Players: Best Options in 20240