Guest - Testers are needed for the reworked CDateTime core component. See... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=378981 (September 29) x
  • 29(current)
Best Kodi Media Player Options 2024
Tvquickaction beta release with new afr

Here the.manual

https://tvdevinfo.com/tvquickactions/how...click_afr/
Got around to testing 3D MVC functionality under development w/Ugoos AM6B+ & it works very well. Makes Ugoos even more of a compelling do-it-all local media player now!
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
https://androidtvbox.eu/ugoos-sk1-is-an-...by-vision/

New Ugoos box with widevine l1 and dolby vision etc

No Netflix certificatio

Edit: ok someone said to.don't trust such news

Let's wait for a serious brand
Zidoo also has S928X-K based players coming out. Too bad there's no 3D support w/any of these. Should be powerful boxes, but w/o 8K content (other than YT videos & demos), feels like overkill. Also, no full TV-led DV like w/Ugoos' AM6.
Thanks i didn't know

I don't use 3d but I'm waiting for s928 or s905x5 with all feature (Netflix , all codec etc) just for a more powerful box for Kodi (library Scan etc
3D fans, sharing this huge news if you don't know. Turbine in Germany is releasing 9 movies on 3D Blu-ray, several of which have never had a home 3D release. Most excited about 'Mission: Impossible Fallout'; the 3D on that is crazy good from the upconverted SBS version I've seen.

Bumblebee
TMNT: Mutant Mayhem
Scream 6
Dr. Dolittle
Friday the 13th
Sing 2
Mission: Impossible Fallout
Transformers: Rise of the Beasts
Migration
3D is now included in the mainline CoreELEC-ng nightly builds; very cool...

Less compelling reasons to get Vero V now over Ugoos IMHO. Vero V remains a solid player, but for about $20 or so less, AM6B+ does everything V does, plus full DV & it's a more powerful box. AV1 playback is one area where Vero V (or any S905X4) beats Ugoos.

Note: Unfortunately, 3D is broken in the build above. The 20240724 build should have fix.
are these official releases. how are they doing the 3D, and is 3D ever going to go mainstream?
Special licensing agreement between Turbine & the studios. No, not seeing 3D going mainstream either, even with Apple's Vision Pro re-injecting some interest in 3D recently. As a 3D fan, just happy to get any 3D releases at all to enjoy Smile.
How does the Ugoos AM6B+ compare with the newer AM8 / AM8 Pro and the SK1? Do the newer boxes also support similar DV capabilities like the AM6+ ?
I see the SK1 has started selling on aliexpress
No P7 Fel on newer boxes
(2024-07-18, 18:22)hdmkv Wrote: Less compelling reasons to get Vero V now over Ugoos IMHO. Vero V remains a solid player, but for about $20 or so less, AM6B+ does everything V does, plus full DV & it's a more powerful box. AV1 playback is one area where Vero V (or any S905X4) beats Ugoos.

I have no interest in 3D (never liked it TBH) but the AM6B+ is for all intent and purposes the perfect Kodi box nowadays. It's what's been considered the holy grail for so long around here. Better upscaling and AV1 playback are nice to have sure... but what's on offer is nigh perfect already.

Don't get much of the interest surrounding AV1. Unless one is seriously bandwidth constrained there's not much point to it, IMHO. No commercial content, no scene releases (and I don't see that changing anytime soon). YouTube is perfectly capable to send the same content in VP9 and I doubt Google will use AV1 for better quality, much more likely they'll use it to save on bandwidth (which for their volumes obviously makes sense).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
AV1 is a nice to have. I have several YouTube downloaded live performances & music videos that don't play on AM6B+. I use Fire TV Cube 3 instead for these. 3D is of big interest to some of us Smile, so AM6B+ is about as perfect a pure Kodi media player we'll likely ever get that (almost) does it all for local media playback.

--------------------------------------------------

If AV1 is important & you need a more powerful box, looks like a S928X-J box is an option. But, you give up FEL & TV-led DV, as well as 3D.
hdmkv have you seen 
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=378273

Radxa X4 4GB WiFi 5 with N100 
you can pick up an ssd for like $10

libreelec works good with N100.
this is going to shake up the market for SBC.
maybe this could be a good fit for some people? price is insanely cheap compared to what we had before Radxa x4
(2024-07-18, 18:22)hdmkv Wrote: 3D is now included in the mainline CoreELEC-ng nightly builds; very cool...

Less compelling reasons to get Vero V now over Ugoos IMHO. Vero V remains a solid player, but for about $20 or so less, AM6B+ does everything V does, plus full DV & it's a more powerful box. AV1 playback is one area where Vero V (or any S905X4) beats Ugoos.

Note: Unfortunately, 3D is broken in the build above. The 20240724 build should have fix.
What what what what... (me, another 3D fan crawling up from under a rock)

Does CoreElec have actual support for HDMI 1.4 FullHD video output mode ? I tink there is no special HW for the box needed to do that, and the if MVC library is also software, so _if_ there is this video mode switching support for CoreElec, then all CoreElec boxes should support it. (give or take bugs of course).

If the MVC library uses some SoC API such as on Vero4k/Vero5k OSMC code, then of course, only those boxes with that API will work. But the diffs look as if MVC might be SoC independent in CoreElec.
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Kodi Media Player Options 20240