• 34(current)
Best Kodi Media Player Options 2024
Love your YT videos... looking forward to it.
(2024-08-16, 01:50)hdmkv Wrote: Love your YT videos... looking forward to it.
Thank you for the kind comment.
Quote:Not a lot of reviews out there yet. Most of the ones on YT thus far are not in English but this one is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oObtH09Go30

I think overall you can expect this to do the same things the AM8 can do and not much more. No Google certification so no Netflix / Prime 4K. Probably makes a great local streamer, though.
Thank you @signde  for the YT link, very helpful
Quote:Received mine yesterday, will post video Saturday.
Thank you @clarkss12, looking forward to it
(2024-08-16, 01:16)clarkss12 Wrote:
(2024-08-16, 00:19)hdmkv Wrote: What's the difference between SK1 & AM8 Pro?
From what I see, is just the looks.  The AM8 Pro does have 3 USB 3 ports which is great for attaching external hard drives to share on the network.  I just liked the looks of the SK1.
Will be making a YouTube video of it tomorrow or Saturday.
Does the AM8 also have Widevine L1? The SK1 advertises it.

Several people on Reddit have used this to try to claim it will have Google certification/Netflix/Prime 4K but everything I have seen thus far refutes that. If you could touch on this in your review that would be appreciated.
I'm still testing. It does have Widevine level 1, but no Google certifications or Netflix certification.
However, The screen resolution is set to 4K, consequently Netflix shows 4K when playing videos. Obviously this is not correct, but since the OS set for 4k , Netflix picks that up. The stats for nerds on my TV shows 4K.
I'm using "test patterns" on Netflix, but it's not really showing me anything.

Finished my YouTube video. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNbk4DGuOfw&t=333s
Did anyone buy this from you yet? I'm happy to take it off your hands. I'm new to all of this, but it seems that this is the way to go. Let me know, thank you.
(2024-08-05, 00:44)hdmkv Wrote: Not replacing, but removing from my family room setup. I have another in my dedicated home theater, where I use it almost exclusively. My family mostly just watches OTA TV or uses Fire Cube 3 in my family room setup.

For you @clarkss12, I'm happy to give you a discount Smile.
I hit reply, but I'm not sure I did it right, so now I'm hitting "quote." Please let me know if this is still available, happy to purchase it. Thanks
Hi Everyone,

Is there a beginners "idiots guide" for installing Kodi and all the necessary settings that follow onto a Fire Cube 3? I've been using Plex for years but I am now looking to use Plex on Kodi so that I can get proper audio passthrough. Please point me in the right direction. 

Thank you.
(2024-08-17, 00:49)JustMeYouSee Wrote: Did anyone buy this from you yet? I'm happy to take it off your hands. I'm new to all of this, but it seems that this is the way to go. Let me know, thank you.
Yes, still have it. I PM'd you. Looks like you have PM disabled, but email enabled, so did latter.
(2024-08-17, 15:24)JustMeYouSee Wrote: beginners "idiots guide" for installing Kodi
The online wiki's top left of this page should get you started (it's basically the Kodi manual online) but getting Plex & Kodi together will require some forum threads and searching (most add-ons & plugins have threads), don't get lost.
(2024-08-17, 16:11)hdmkv Wrote:
(2024-08-17, 00:49)JustMeYouSee Wrote: Did anyone buy this from you yet? I'm happy to take it off your hands. I'm new to all of this, but it seems that this is the way to go. Let me know, thank you.
Yes, still have it. I PM'd you. Looks like you have PM disabled, but email enabled, so did latter.
Yes, thank you. I replied via email.
Ok, I think my brain is about to explode. Can someone please, please help me input this into the Cube 3? I installed abratchik to edit the advancedsettings.xml but unfortunately the "superviseaudiodelay" is not showing up, so I can't toggle it to "true." 

How else can I get these values into the advancedsettings.xml.

Thank you in advance for your help.

<advancedsettings>
<audio>
<superviseaudiodelay>true</superviseaudiodelay>
</audio>
</advancedsettings>
(2024-08-17, 23:25)JustMeYouSee Wrote: Ok, I think my brain is about to explode. Can someone please, please help me input this into the Cube 3? I installed abratchik to edit the advancedsettings.xml but unfortunately the "superviseaudiodelay" is not showing up, so I can't toggle it to "true." 

<advancedsettings>
<audio>
</audio>
</advancedsettings>

Assuming you have a network drive set up, put the advancedsettings file on your drive and then use Kodi's built in file manager to copy it to the Kodi data directory.
(2024-08-18, 02:55)Luke M Wrote:
(2024-08-17, 23:25)JustMeYouSee Wrote: Ok, I think my brain is about to explode. Can someone please, please help me input this into the Cube 3? I installed abratchik to edit the advancedsettings.xml but unfortunately the "superviseaudiodelay" is not showing up, so I can't toggle it to "true." 

<advancedsettings>
<audio>
</audio>
</advancedsettings>

Assuming you have a network drive set up, put the advancedsettings file on your drive and then use Kodi's built in file manager to copy it to the Kodi data directory.
Happy to report that I finally managed via "es file explorer." All set up and now enjoying the fruits of my labor going through file after file and loving finally hearing proper audio passthrough!
(2024-08-16, 17:23)clarkss12 Wrote: Finished my YouTube video. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNbk4DGuOfw&t=333s
Tried multiple times to post a reply below your video about how to easily test for DV P7, but YT kept removing (censoring) my posts. You can play this clip & check if you see the woman around the 80-second mark (P7 supported), or this clip to see if the credits are bright white (P7 supported) vs. muted/gray (P7 not supported).
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Kodi Media Player Options 20240