Guest - Testers are needed for the reworked CDateTime core component. See... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=378981 (September 29) x
  • 48(current)
Best Kodi Media Player Options 2024
Do you guys like Ugoos SK1 for both CE & Android use? I assume DV MEL & HD audio work well under both OS'es. It has vanilla Android right, not Android/Google TV? If Android, are you using a custom launcher or ROM? Share all the details Smile.

----------

Okay, taking another one for the team Wink! Ordered a S928X-J (not -K) box to test.
(2024-09-12, 17:37)hdmkv Wrote: I've been curious about it as well... must resist!  Tongue Wink . It won't perform as well as AM6B+ being limited by CE needing to run off USB2.0.

I have one I bought new in box from eBay and unlocked the bootloader. It is a fun tinker project but I eventually purchased an AM6B+ so I can competently speak to both.

USB 2 is not really the limiting factor. You'd think that by looking at the specs on paper but it's not. You can move /storage to the eMMC, so that part will be equivalent once the device boots. Boot time might be a little slower since that has to be off USB but we're talking seconds not minutes. 

On WiFi 6 the device can do at least 450Mbps. I can play the jellyfish torture test 400Mbps file with no stutters over an https backend like Plex Kodi Connect.

2GB of RAM is more than enough for CoreElec so that's not a concern either.

On top of all that you can dual boot CE / Android and in Fire OS you have full certified apps including 4K, atmos, etc - you know, the holy grail we all seek.

The real limitations though are that the device cannot be powered on from an off state remotely into CE, BTLE does not work in CE, and setup is quite a bit more complicated than the AM6B+. I'm not even talking about the root/unlocking bootloader part. Once you actually get CE up and running there are things you need to do with your CE setup to ensure it does not lockup during boot. Also updating CE requires a custom Kodi plugin because there are no official CE images that include the proper Cube 2 DTB.

I say all that but the person that runs the Cube 2 thread on XDA has put tons of effort into making it a better experience. It's way better than it was 6 months ago when I started with it. I believe it's the same person who found the dovi library that allows S905X4 devices to play FEL in CE and they are super helpful if you bring up any pain points with the device. It was not uncommon that I would say "x doesn't work" then a day later they would say "I wrote a thing that makes x work, here is how to enable it".

I paid $65 for my Cube 2 on eBay. I have no regrets.
Anyone else have ethernet issues on their am6b+? I'm getting stuttering and playback fails when using ethernet in coreelec but nothing on wifi? If I boot into ugoos ui, the ethernet works fine.
Yes, you are not alone that is, your AM6B+ is not the only one having Ethernet erratic behavior in CoreElec. There are several reports in CE forum, including mine (but only in CE, not in Android)  For that reason in CE I use very good WiFi which works flawlessly in CE and Android.
(2024-09-15, 19:41)Sholander Wrote: Yes, you are not alone that is, your AM6B+ is not the only one having Ethernet erratic behavior in CoreElec. There are several reports in CE forum, including mine (but only in CE, not in Android)  For that reason in CE I use very good WiFi which works flawlessly in CE and Android.

What about a USB ethernet? Would it suffer the same slowdown? I have 2 amplify aliens covering my house but I can't stream dv videos from my pc
Did not try any, since WiFi 6 works OK for me. If you plan to use one, go for USB3 to 1GB Ethernet adapter to get max speed from USB3.0 port.
Strange. Both my AM6B+ units perform well over Ethernet. But, they’ve not performed as well as all time wired champ Shield TV Pro. If you’re using WiFi 6, recommend WebDAV over SMB or NFS if your NAS/server supports it.
(2024-09-16, 01:56)Sholander Wrote: Did not try any, since WiFi 6 works OK for me. If you plan to use one, go for USB3 to 1GB Ethernet adapter to get max speed from USB3.0 port.
That's what I was looking at. At 14$ and from Amazon, I can rent it for 30 days. If it doesn't work, back in it goes.
(2024-09-16, 03:10)hdmkv Wrote: Strange. Both my AM6B+ units perform well over Ethernet. But, they’ve not performed as well as all time wired champ Shield TV Pro.

It's not only my AM6B+ that has poor ethernet performance on CE (and work perfectly on Android) but also my other S922x devices N2 & N2+. It's not due only to CE, but to my combination with my present router. When I connect them to another ISP router, or my other router connected to main ISP router, they all perform well. As if Linux driver CE uses for S922x is very picky and does not like some routers.
On my N2 & N2+, since they didn't have WiFi I use "ethtool -s eth0 speed 1000 duplex full autoneg off" command in "autostart.sh" to get 1GB full speed; didn't try it on AM6B+ since its WiFi satisfies my need-for-speed, and I use WebDAV wherever possible Smile
(2024-09-16, 13:51)mrcleeo Wrote:
(2024-09-16, 01:56)Sholander Wrote: Did not try any, since WiFi 6 works OK for me. If you plan to use one, go for USB3 to 1GB Ethernet adapter to get max speed from USB3.0 port.
That's what I was looking at. At 14$ and from Amazon, I can rent it for 30 days. If it doesn't work, back in it goes.

I have 3 of them that were in use with my (abandoned) Fire Sticks. Simple Amazon Basics, uni USB 3.0 Hub with Ethernet Adapter and Schwaiger Model CKUH 1000
They all work perfectly and are only limited when connected to USB 2.0 input.
(2024-09-16, 15:41)Sholander Wrote:
(2024-09-16, 13:51)mrcleeo Wrote:

I have 3 of them that were in use with my (abandoned) Fire Sticks. Simple Amazon Basics, uni USB 3.0 Hub with Ethernet Adapter and Schwaiger Model CKUH 1000
They all work perfectly and are only limited when connected to USB 2.0 input.
Thanks or the input!
Did an iperf3 test between by Synology NAS & AM6B+ under CE. Maybe I'm lucky I'm getting gigabit...
Code:
Server listening on 5201 (test #1)
-----------------------------------------------------------
Accepted connection from 192.168.XX.XX, port 35530
[  5] local 192.168.XX.Y port 5201 connected to 192.168.XX.XX port 35532
[ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bitrate
[  5]   0.00-1.00   sec   112 MBytes   938 Mbits/sec
[  5]   1.00-2.00   sec   112 MBytes   941 Mbits/sec
[  5]   2.00-3.00   sec   112 MBytes   942 Mbits/sec
[  5]   3.00-4.00   sec   112 MBytes   942 Mbits/sec
[  5]   4.00-5.00   sec   112 MBytes   938 Mbits/sec
[  5]   5.00-6.00   sec   112 MBytes   941 Mbits/sec
[  5]   6.00-7.00   sec   112 MBytes   941 Mbits/sec
[  5]   7.00-8.00   sec   112 MBytes   942 Mbits/sec
[  5]   8.00-9.00   sec   112 MBytes   941 Mbits/sec
[  5]   9.00-10.00  sec   112 MBytes   942 Mbits/sec
[  5]  10.00-10.00  sec   128 KBytes   521 Mbits/sec
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bitrate
[  5]   0.00-10.00  sec  1.10 GBytes   940 Mbits/sec                  receiver
My S922x devices often after cold start connected to router with only 100 Mbits, and after several reboots when they finally connected with 1000 Mbits they do not keep that speed, but often after some time drop down to 100-200 Mbits, or even lower; as if some other device has occupied the network at that time...
(2024-09-17, 12:10)Sholander Wrote: My S922x devices often after cold start connected to router with only 100 Mbits, and after several reboots when they finally connected with 1000 Mbits they do not keep that speed, but often after some time drop down to 100-200 Mbits, or even lower; as if some other device has occupied the network at that time...
This is exactly my experience. Is it the dtb?
When I got excited about KinHank G1 I posted on a deal site for UK, it got cheaper twice over since I posted. so the sales must be good, on the site I go to we have a massive community, good laugh. So no one posted about the KinKank, never heard of it
anyone others have started posting now, even an editor
https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/kinhank...re-4414975

they have a partnership with aliexpress, so hotukdeals loves aliexpress.
So this box must be selling units now , plus its on the radar now. And I've heard KinHank have suspended updates because of complaints, if this is true (I can't find any source for this) then that means it will most likely get fixed because it was a bug.
and with the surge of boxes sold, KinHank (if they are smart) would use this as a way to get mindshare/marketshare meaning more updates
people have said the hardware for the price is kind of unbeatable and it's a shame it won't get android 14, but with the units they must be selling, they might have had discussions to get more updates out.
Not many Chinese companies have a nice facebook page where you can talk to representatives, so they are trying.
The bugs that was encountered could easily be dealth with except I've heard the hardware isn't identical for all G1's.
Anyone I still have hope this is going to be a recommended box as soon as they release bootloader and we get some fixes

there was a coupon code which meant some people got this box for £43.73 TAX INCLUDED. 
wow that's insane price
maybe hotukdeals organised a deal with KinHank aliexpress.
so again KinHank seem to be actually trying to sell this box so doesn't make sense for them to hamstring it.
also why is it so cheap and sales after sales, something seems off

oh and in case none of you are aware this might be relevant
https://arstechnica.com/security/2024/09...ackdoored/

make sure you don't get backdoored! (pin intended)
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Kodi Media Player Options 20240