• 51(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
mfsav2 Wrote:Hehe... that's true but from this posts Aeon-specific meta-media information index (with Pictures) it appears that there are some files that Aeon requires and from here XBMC / Videos the information are quite confusing.
In one case are TBN, in the other are JPG; in one case is is movie in the other is <movie>...

That;s why I was suggesting it.

I completely understand your intentions, but I think there are just too many variations and every person would want something different anyway.

mfsav2 Wrote:Ok I will try it, I was using an ASK.

Let me know if it doesn't work properly for you. It seems to be working perfectly for me.... but so do a lot of things other people have problems with. lol

mfsav2 Wrote:This is terrible. (for me).
I manage my video library with another program and want to export just the title and the imdb link.

The specification of the NFO is taken from XBMC documentation Video nfo files containing an URL where it explains that the info already present in the NFO are not scraped and, if the url is present the other ones are taken from the ERL.

Why you consider it non conformig?
How can I make it conforming?

How can I make it

It's non-conforming because, for ease of coding and speed, I use .NET's serialize functions to load and save nfos. Instead of parsing and loading/setting each element individually, using probably 200-300+ lines of code, I can just run about 4 lines of code to save and load, but this only works if the nfo is proper xml. Since the url is just text stuck on the end and not proper xml, deserializing fails.

What other program do you use to export these nfo files? Is it possible to have the program export title and imdb id elements instead of a title element and imdb url text? If you did that, it would work just fine, title lock and all.

EDIT: Actually... When an nfo is detected as non-conforming I can have it load the nfo as text and look for a url and check the rest for nfo-type items.... if it passes, convert the url to an element, remove the url, save the resulting file, then recheck it for conformance. If you make a feature request on the google code page for this I'll work on it.
nul7 Wrote:What other program do you use to export these nfo files? Is it possible to have the program export title and imdb id elements instead of a title element and imdb url text? If you did that, it would work just fine, title lock and all.

EDIT: Actually... When an nfo is detected as non-conforming I can have it load the nfo as text and look for a url and check the rest for nfo-type items.... if it passes, convert the url to an element, remove the url, save the resulting file, then recheck it for conformance. If you make a feature request on the google code page for this I'll work on it.

I think both options are good. I will put the feature request in.

Which field will you use for the IMDB reference? and how you want it? (full url or just the last part)
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
mfsav2 Wrote:I think both options are good. I will put the feature request in.

Which field will you use for the IMDB reference? and how you want it? (full url or just the last part)

I'm not sure I understand your question. What I meant was that if you could get the other program to export like the following, it would work fine in Ember:

Code:
<movie>
     <title>Some Movie Title</title>
     <id>tt000000</id>
</movie>

OR I could add some extra code to read the url from your existing nfos and convert it to the above format.
nul7 Wrote:I'm not sure I understand your question. What I meant was that if you could get the other program to export like the following, it would work fine in Ember:

Code:
<movie>
     <title>Some Movie Title</title>
     <id>tt000000</id>
</movie>

OR I could add some extra code to read the url from your existing nfos and convert it to the above format.

I will change the export function to match the format. is ID only for them IMDB or it has other meanings? where can I find the specification

It is good if you modify Ember as you proposed anyway.
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
When scanning for new content, the new movies are added to XBMC library nicely, except for the folder.jpg
wallpaper and all the info works fine, but the folder.jpg i have to manually browse for.
(The files (avi, nfo, jpg) are on an external HD)

anyone else has this problem and a possible solution?
thanks.
Code:
Changes in r257:
Feature: When proper nfo is not found or is non-conforming and does not contain IMDB ID, look for any other nfo in the folder and try to get IMDB from them.
I right now tested this with one movie and it didnt work here.
I have an folder called AAA with an mkv inside also called AAA.mkv and an nfo called BBB.nfo where an ttxxxxxx is inside but EMM ignore this file. The url inside this nfo point to http://www.imdb.de but i thing this was not important as you search only for tt......

Do i have to change something inside my settings ?
Christ there really does need to be a different thought process on these types of thread. Perhaps app development could get its own forums like skins do. There are current 76 pages on this one and all I want to know is, if I have infos and jpgs already for my movies will this app be able to work with them. I like the clean looking interface so would like to move over to it.

Sorry if its been asked in this uber mammoth thread before.
garyi Wrote:Christ there really does need to be a different thought process on these types of thread. Perhaps app development could get its own forums like skins do. There are current 76 pages on this one and all I want to know is, if I have infos and jpgs already for my movies will this app be able to work with them. I like the clean looking interface so would like to move over to it.

I came over from MIP and it imported and read all the nfos and images I already had associated with my movies, if that helps?!

On another note, I think the problem is a WIKI or help file is needed for this app. Probably something which users could assist with creating, but is difficult at this stage as the app is rapidly changing and getting new features all the time!
OpenElec / Silverstone LC17 / 6TB / Toshiba 32WLT68

Get your freshly squeezed recipes, news and views at foodforfriendsyeah.co.uk!
Hi,
Nul will shoot me because of this but I will do it anyway…

bramblepants Wrote:On another note, I think the problem is a WIKI or help file is needed for this app. Probably something which users could assist with creating, but is difficult at this stage as the app is rapidly changing and getting new features all the time!

Using the words from bramblepants
To all EMM user and friends:

If you are a good English writer, I ask you to help out EMM and do some Documentation (Helps) for EMM.
I know nul will do it sometime, but he have a lot of work fixing and improving EMM, and I’m sure his time is not enough for everything.
We (EMM user and friends) should give back a little of what he receive from him.
“Why you don’t do it yourself?”
I would if I was a good English writer Smile. I’m not, so I try to help patching and adding/subjection new functionalities.
I think (but nul can/will confirm) that Documentation maybe done in rtf/doc or HTML (easy to implement inside EMM)
I apologize if I’m abusing… but EMM is a great tool, and nul have done a Great job with it, just want give back some, and help this Nice tool to be even better.

PS: This is not one time work.. is a continued work where all EMM community can help
Hey Nul,

If you get a chance... would you mind taking a look at this thread... particularly from page 3 onwards...

http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49801

would love to get your input into the ideas going on here... (It's about rationalising the messy situation with artwork naming and all the possibilities that are possible today).

/The Kid
I really love this app over the others, still curious about a few things:

1. Ability to change how the app handles multi-part .iso files (300, lord of the rings etc), since XBMC doesnt support stacking iso files, any chance of both files showing up in your app? That way I could name one part 1 and the other part 2 so it would be showing up nicely in library view Smile

2. Ability to scrape from moviedb instead of imdb? for instance, tiesto has a dvd on moviedb but none exist on imdb and i'd love the info.
garyi Wrote:Christ there really does need to be a different thought process on these types of thread. Perhaps app development could get its own forums like skins do. There are current 76 pages on this one and all I want to know is, if I have infos and jpgs already for my movies will this app be able to work with them. I like the clean looking interface so would like to move over to it.

Whats with the idea to copy one movie to an temp folder and try it ? Smile
mfsav2 Wrote:I will change the export function to match the format. is ID only for them IMDB or it has other meanings? where can I find the specification

It is good if you modify Ember as you proposed anyway.

For EMM's purposes (and for 99% of XBMC usage) the ID is the IMDB ID. I'll try to work on the IMDB URL in the nfo issue some time today.

blaize Wrote:When scanning for new content, the new movies are added to XBMC library nicely, except for the folder.jpg
wallpaper and all the info works fine, but the folder.jpg i have to manually browse for.
(The files (avi, nfo, jpg) are on an external HD)

anyone else has this problem and a possible solution?
thanks.

I don't think XBMC supports the folder.jpg file type, does it? It's just included in EMM for people who browse their collection via Windows Explorer.

MrDVD Wrote:
Code:
Changes in r257:
Feature: When proper nfo is not found or is non-conforming and does not contain IMDB ID, look for any other nfo in the folder and try to get IMDB from them.
I right now tested this with one movie and it didnt work here.
I have an folder called AAA with an mkv inside also called AAA.mkv and an nfo called BBB.nfo where an ttxxxxxx is inside but EMM ignore this file. The url inside this nfo point to http://www.imdb.de but i thing this was not important as you search only for tt......

Do i have to change something inside my settings ?

No... no settings need to be changed. It doesn't matter what is in the file as long as it has "tt######" in there somewhere. It's read as text and a regex match is performed to find the ID. I'll do some testing on this today to try to figure out why it's not working for you.

EDIT: Found the problem. It will occur when you have no usable files at for the selected movie. It was skipping over the nfo check because it was assuming there is nothing there. Now it attempts to load the nfo whether it thinks it's there or not. Working fine for me. The fix will be in the next release.

You just have to select the proper file-types in settings and it should work just fine.

bramblepants Wrote:I came over from MIP and it imported and read all the nfos and images I already had associated with my movies, if that helps?!

On another note, I think the problem is a WIKI or help file is needed for this app. Probably something which users could assist with creating, but is difficult at this stage as the app is rapidly changing and getting new features all the time!

It's definitely on my list of things to do. I just don't have the time to dedicate to documentation at this point. Eventually I'll move everything over to my server (just keeping the Google Code page for SVN and file storage) and install an open WIKI so it would be easier for users to update.

Nuno Wrote:Hi,
Nul will shoot me because of this but I will do it anyway…

Using the words from bramblepants
To all EMM user and friends:

If you are a good English writer, I ask you to help out EMM and do some Documentation (Helps) for EMM.
I know nul will do it sometime, but he have a lot of work fixing and improving EMM, and I’m sure his time is not enough for everything.
We (EMM user and friends) should give back a little of what he receive from him.
“Why you don’t do it yourself?”
I would if I was a good English writer Smile. I’m not, so I try to help patching and adding/subjection new functionalities.
I think (but nul can/will confirm) that Documentation maybe done in rtf/doc or HTML (easy to implement inside EMM)
I apologize if I’m abusing… but EMM is a great tool, and nul have done a Great job with it, just want give back some, and help this Nice tool to be even better.

PS: This is not one time work.. is a continued work where all EMM community can help

*shakes fist* Where are the gun smilies?? lol j/k No, actually this would be a big help to me to have someone be in charge of documentation. I think it's getting about time to expand the team (as much as I hate to say that.... it's like letting your daughter go on her first date. lol)

AnalogKid Wrote:Hey Nul,

If you get a chance... would you mind taking a look at this thread... particularly from page 3 onwards...

http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49801

would love to get your input into the ideas going on here... (It's about rationalising the messy situation with artwork naming and all the possibilities that are possible today).

/The Kid

Funny, the first few releases of EMM tried to "force" a standard for filenaming in an attempt to keep things a little cleaner..... we all know how that ended up. lol I'm not sure if I'll have any useful input to add to the thread, but I'll read over it later today.

Ramshackles Wrote:I really love this app over the others, still curious about a few things:

1. Ability to change how the app handles multi-part .iso files (300, lord of the rings etc), since XBMC doesnt support stacking iso files, any chance of both files showing up in your app? That way I could name one part 1 and the other part 2 so it would be showing up nicely in library view Smile

2. Ability to scrape from moviedb instead of imdb? for instance, tiesto has a dvd on moviedb but none exist on imdb and i'd love the info.

I think these can be implemented. Please add them as feature requests to the google code issues page and I'll work on them some time.
If you need help with a manual / documentation... I'm happy to contribute sections.
Of course, I'm more happy to explain aspects that I personally user, but I'm reasonably capable of explaining concepts in plain English.

Give me a shout if you need help.

The Kid

P.S.
Regarding the artwork naming issues ox XBMC... there's a growing number of us want to reign it in... it's getting out of hand on a grand scale.
The problem you face is that until it's enforced system wide... folks will always complain and ask for this convention or that convention.

Once it's nailed down, and implemented properly, we can say to users.. THIS is how it works, and this is how you port your old convention to the new.
I have no doubt there will be a few screams, but I am convinced it needs to be done!
AnalogKid Wrote:If you need help with a manual / documentation... I'm happy to contribute sections.
Of course, I'm more happy to explain aspects that I personally user, but I'm reasonably capable of explaining concepts in plain English.

Give me a shout if you need help.

The Kid

P.S.
Regarding the artwork naming issues ox XBMC... there's a growing number of us want to reign it in... it's getting out of hand on a grand scale.
The problem you face is that until it's enforced system wide... folks will always complain and ask for this convention or that convention.

Once it's nailed down, and implemented properly, we can say to users.. THIS is how it works, and this is how you port your old convention to the new.
I have no doubt there will be a few screams, but I am convinced it needs to be done!

Just want to say thanks for the effort on this. Definitely getting out of hand probably because of various assumptions, like assuming only one image will exist, one poster etc. Need to accomodate expansion in any design thats nailed down, like possibility of having multiple fanart, multiple thumbnails, multiple trailers of various types, maybe multiple other, but very good idea having a way of setting what type of content is in each image, ie poster etc etc. Futurewise, will more and more information about each image be important, making the filenames get out of hand again? Further need to give information about each image might end up meaning we need an xml for each image again, always happens down the line with these type of things Tongue

Its all not an easy thing to do however, to think of what MIGHT be needed / desired in the coming months from various users and skin designers. Definitely has to be decided upon and finalized as some sort of specification that everyone uses.
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24