• 54(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
Using fresh install of r282 and extras 07, none of my movies show up as having extrathumbs in the checkboxes on the movies list, even though some have as many as 20 extrathumbs. Rescan of media doesn't change this.

Also testing my "V for vendetta" problem with getting all hq fanart doesn't seem to have changed, but exiting from the "Choose local fanart" and then the "Edit Movie" area after the problem, I got a big error message, details below.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'thumb8.jpg' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
at Ember_Media_Manager.dlgEditMovie.Cancel_Button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4918 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Ember Media Manager
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.282
Win32 Version: 0.0.0.282
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Mark%20Kennedy/Downloads/EMM_r282_exeonly_x86/Ember%20Media%20Manager.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4918 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Data.SQLite
Assembly Version: 1.0.61.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.61.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Mark%20Kennedy/Downloads/EMM_r282_exeonly_x86/System.Data.SQLite.DLL
System.Transactions
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.4918 built by: NetFXw7
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
zj7xp7i6
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml.Linq
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.4918 built by: NetFXw7
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
0xy76yww

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Hey just grabbed the newest version and the sets support is pretty awesome.

The only other thing I would want it to do would be to specify a poster other than the first title in the set ("Set_SetName_1.jpg").

But that's really unimportant. Well done sir!
Awesome work man! Loving your program.

The latest version may have introduced a bug on the Extra Thumbs tab. No matter which one I select to delete, it always erases the first one in the list.

Sorry if this was already reported, I did read through the last few days.

Tom
mark007 Wrote:Using fresh install of r282 and extras 07, none of my movies show up as having extrathumbs in the checkboxes on the movies list, even though some have as many as 20 extrathumbs. Rescan of media doesn't change this.

Fixed for next release. Accidentally used pathseparator instead of directoryseparatorchar.

mark007 Wrote:Also testing my "V for vendetta" problem with getting all hq fanart doesn't seem to have changed, but exiting from the "Choose local fanart" and then the "Edit Movie" area after the problem, I got a big error message, details below.

...snip...

Forgot about the "V for Vendetta" problem.... which is why I always ask people to add the issues to the google code page. lol If you add it there, I won't forget about it. Wink

ClayM Wrote:Hey just grabbed the newest version and the sets support is pretty awesome.

The only other thing I would want it to do would be to specify a poster other than the first title in the set ("Set_SetName_1.jpg").

But that's really unimportant. Well done sir!

Thanks... didn't even know you could do that. Guess I'll have to read over their wiki a little better.

tknice1 Wrote:Awesome work man! Loving your program.

The latest version may have introduced a bug on the Extra Thumbs tab. No matter which one I select to delete, it always erases the first one in the list.

Sorry if this was already reported, I did read through the last few days.

Tom

Sorry about that. I modified the code to where you can select multiple thumbs and delete them all, but I forgot one little thing with the indexing. Anyway, fixed for next release.
if you have pressed "^" to show up the movie informations, the button gets deactivated. But if you switch for example between "and" and "or" (radio-buttons on the right) this "^"-button is getting activated again and if you press it the movie informations are flying out of the frame...you understand?^^

By the way...this is definetly the best movie-nfo-scraping program available...thank you. (When is the TV-Show feature coming?)

Cheers, MSP

PS: if you have some interest in some graphics, for example a new splash screen, just message me...
Beatzeps08 Wrote:if you have pressed "^" to show up the movie informations, the button gets deactivated. But if you switch for example between "and" and "or" (radio-buttons on the right) this "^"-button is getting activated again and if you press it the movie informations are flying out of the frame...you understand?^^

By the way...this is definetly the best movie-nfo-scraping program available...thank you. (When is the TV-Show feature coming?)

Cheers, MSP

PS: if you have some interest in some graphics, for example a new splash screen, just message me...

Thanks... I'll play with that to get the enable/disable right. We could always use some new graphics (obviously I suck at them lol)

EDIT: Fixed for next release
nul7 Wrote:r282

nul7 the update does not work anymore for me.

I've downoaded latest version and associated files.

I've cancelled all data and reset to clean folders for the test but when do an update media All movies... it starts and ends in less than a second...

is there any log I can check?

I've updated in my folder the EMM files, is that correct?

Second issue: it always locks to the first movie... even if I click on other movies or try tro scrape another:

If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
Been using EEM for a few weeks now and got to say I like it a lot more than the other media managers. More intuitive and easy to use. So keep up the fantastic work. Smile

Now to some bug reporting and feature requests.

Bugs
In r282 the checkmark column for extrathumbs stopped working for me.

The greyed out OK button for the poster selection window has already been mentioned I think.

I've had problems upgrading on one computer but the same version (r282) works perfect on others. The problem computer doesn't scan the media on startup and if I press scan it will scan the folders and I can see the folders in the status bar but then the list will come up empty every time. Tried to delete the database and re-download all the files on that computer but I've had to fall back on an older release that works.

Feature request
Scraper: Trailers from Apple trailers. Don't know ho feasible this would be but for now I use FF with a greasemonkey script to grab trailers.

Scraper: Scrape subtitles. In Sweden we have 2-3 major subtitle sites. Is this of some interest to you? Have you thought about an API for additional scrapers? (Haven't had a look at the source code yet Blush )

As for icons and graphics you can always check out Silk icons and an extension to that set. Rather nice looking 16x16 icons for column headings and small arrows and such.

Thanks for all you hard work. EMM together with Aeon have gotten me more exited about XBMC than I've been in years. Nod
mfsav2 Wrote:nul7 the update does not work anymore for me.

I've downoaded latest version and associated files.

I've cancelled all data and reset to clean folders for the test but when do an update media All movies... it starts and ends in less than a second...

is there any log I can check?

Which updater?? There are 11 different "All Movies" updaters. Depending on which one you pick and what your settings are, that may be normal. For instance, if you don't have any image servers selected in settings, but try a "Posters Only" or "Fanart Only" updater it won't do anything...... or if you have overwrite posters disabled and have posters for all movies, then try a "Posters Only" updater it won't do anything.

mfsav2 Wrote:I've updated in my folder the EMM files, is that correct?

I don't know what you mean.

mfsav2 Wrote:Second issue: it always locks to the first movie... even if I click on other movies or try tro scrape another:
...snip...

Just from those screen shots, I would say that all these movies have the same nfo file. It appears that this is a test folder.... did you copy the same nfo to each folder when you created them?

Joppe Wrote:Been using EEM for a few weeks now and got to say I like it a lot more than the other media managers. More intuitive and easy to use. So keep up the fantastic work. Smile

Thanks!

Joppe Wrote:Now to some bug reporting and feature requests.

Bugs
In r282 the checkmark column for extrathumbs stopped working for me.

Already fixed for next release.

Joppe Wrote:The greyed out OK button for the poster selection window has already been mentioned I think.

Already fixed for next release.

Joppe Wrote:I've had problems upgrading on one computer but the same version (r282) works perfect on others. The problem computer doesn't scan the media on startup and if I press scan it will scan the folders and I can see the folders in the status bar but then the list will come up empty every time. Tried to delete the database and re-download all the files on that computer but I've had to fall back on an older release that works.

Sounds like it's not populating the database. Were both computers the same architecture (x86 vs x64)?

OR... I did find (and fixed for next release) a bug in r282 that sometimes it wouldn't load the default supported extensions. Check in settings if the list is empty. If that's the case, it would behave as you described.

Joppe Wrote:Feature request
Scraper: Trailers from Apple trailers. Don't know ho feasible this would be but for now I use FF with a greasemonkey script to grab trailers.

There's already an open ticket for this. I'm probably going to use YouTube as the source, though, since I can get the proper link from TMDB.

Joppe Wrote:Scraper: Scrape subtitles. In Sweden we have 2-3 major subtitle sites. Is this of some interest to you? Have you thought about an API for additional scrapers? (Haven't had a look at the source code yet Blush )

Yes, there is the ScraperXML library that I have thought about adding, but after playing around with it found that, in its current state, it just wouldn't work with how I would need to use it yet.

Joppe Wrote:As for icons and graphics you can always check out Silk icons and an extension to that set. Rather nice looking 16x16 icons for column headings and small arrows and such.

Thanks, I'll check them out.
Maybe you can use the letters 5 and 6 from Webdings instead of "^" and "v" for the media-show-up-buttons. Very unimportant, but maybe nicer^^
nice, i just wanted to ask about trailers.
Good to know its in the making.
Keep up this fantastic work.
Nod
As alternative to using YouTube I think it would be nice to be able to download trailers in HD from Apple. There is the python script to do it but I would prefer to have it downloaded and named correctly (movie-trailer.mov) in the movie folder. If you decide on how you want to allow external scrapers post it and I may set aside some time to whip something together. Nod
nul7 Wrote:There is a movie list exporter built into Ember:
Wink

You can access it via Tools -> Export Movie List

Hahaha thx, didnt see this, but now i tested it and found out that it didnt work wirh non eng. chars inside the created html. In the preview before where you say "save" all is ok but inside the created htm file special chars are only an "?"

Maybe you can convert such chars while save it to html:
Code:
char     replacemant
ä     &auml;
Ä     &Auml;
ö     &ouml;
Ö     &Ouml;
ü     &uuml;
Ü     &Uuml;
ß     &szlig;
Thats all Chars for german.

Im sure there are other languages with the same problem so maybe ppl from this countries can help you.

Btw. would it be also possible to make the fields the are exported selectable ?
Beatzeps08 Wrote:Maybe you can use the letters 5 and 6 from Webdings instead of "^" and "v" for the media-show-up-buttons. Very unimportant, but maybe nicer^^

Unfortunately they don't fit in the button.... I'm guessing there is some padding in the font or something? It always pushes it to the bottom of the button.

neurosis13 Wrote:nice, i just wanted to ask about trailers.
Good to know its in the making.
Keep up this fantastic work.
Nod

Joppe Wrote:As alternative to using YouTube I think it would be nice to be able to download trailers in HD from Apple. There is the python script to do it but I would prefer to have it downloaded and named correctly (movie-trailer.mov) in the movie folder. If you decide on how you want to allow external scrapers post it and I may set aside some time to whip something together. Nod

You guys are welcome to join the conversation here: http://code.google.com/p/embermediamanag...tail?id=49 and share ideas. Wink

MrDVD Wrote:Hahaha thx, didnt see this, but now i tested it and found out that it didnt work wirh non eng. chars inside the created html. In the preview before where you say "save" all is ok but inside the created htm file special chars are only an "?"

Maybe you can convert such chars while save it to html:
Code:
char     replacemant
ä     &auml;
Ä     &Auml;
ö     &ouml;
Ö     &Ouml;
ü     &uuml;
Ü     &Uuml;
ß     &szlig;
Thats all Chars for german.

Im sure there are other languages with the same problem so maybe ppl from this countries can help you.

Btw. would it be also possible to make the fields the are exported selectable ?

Can you open an issue for that?
MrDVD Wrote:Hahaha thx, didnt see this, but now i tested it and found out that it didnt work wirh non eng. chars inside the created html. In the preview before where you say "save" all is ok but inside the created htm file special chars are only an "?"
Fixed in next release
MrDVD Wrote:Btw. would it be also possible to make the fields the are exported selectable ?
Will see what i can do Smile But open the Issue so will not forget
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24