• 116(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
Is there a list of who provides which language translations and which ones don't have a translator yet?
I could translate to german if nobody is working on it yet.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Tolriq Wrote:For me seems perfect Smile

Need french peoples to try and tell me now Smile

how can i help you?
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
I'm... dreaming... of a quiet... HTPC
Install last version of EMM
uncompress http://www.leetzone.org/French_r778_v2.rar in the langs folder change the lang to french in the option and find errors Smile

(And find me a single word to traduce Place Holder)
nul7 Wrote:Changed the way "automatically detect video_ts" works for next release. Give it a try and let me know if it works how you expect it to. I'll probably make the release in 5-8 hours.

I've tried your next two versions (r768 & r778) and they both act the same as before. If I set it up the way you say to Ember shows VTS_01_1.VOB rather than VIDEO_TS.nfo in the file path and any files Ember creates are named VTS_01_1.xxx.

I know you say not to add.ifo to the file list, but when I do Ember works as I would expect except for media info. When I refresh it it says, "Meta Data is not available for this movie. Try rescanning."

Does anybody else use Ember with VIDEO_TS files? How do you get it to work? Does it get media info?
Hi there!!!
Firts og all EMM is marvellous!!! But Could it run in linux or Mac OSx? IT would be great!!!
XBMC SVN (updated every week) ubuntu Karmic 64bits
Intel E5200/ 3 Go Ram / Nvidia GT220 1Go / 6To (1.5To x 4 Raid 5)
Hitcher Wrote:If you'd actually tried visiting the site you'd have seen it was down.

I thought that the first couple of days. Then I was able to get on the site without problems. Thats when I started to think I changed something that was limiting my access to it. Thats why I started looking on here. The one post that I saw that had a similar problem hadn't been addressed, I thought maybe he had done the same thing.
Anyway, thanks for the answer. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't screwwed up his program with me inept tinkering.
Tolriq Wrote:hum it seems the option to display year in the movie list does not work anymore

You need to reload the movies. Wink

Montellese Wrote:Is there a list of who provides which language translations and which ones don't have a translator yet?
I could translate to german if nobody is working on it yet.

As far as I know, only French and Hungarian are being worked on at the moment.

RockDawg Wrote:I've tried your next two versions (r768 & r778) and they both act the same as before. If I set it up the way you say to Ember shows VTS_01_1.VOB rather than VIDEO_TS.nfo in the file path and any files Ember creates are named VTS_01_1.xxx.

I know you say not to add.ifo to the file list, but when I do Ember works as I would expect except for media info. When I refresh it it says, "Meta Data is not available for this movie. Try rescanning."

Does anybody else use Ember with VIDEO_TS files? How do you get it to work? Does it get media info?

Ok, for this version, try this:

No .ifo in the extensions list.

Enable "Auto detect video_ts"

Optionally "Only detect one movie" for the source

That should work, unless there is something I'm misunderstanding about your folder structure. You are the one with the whacky structure right? But you still have the full dvd in each folder, no?

sensei73 Wrote:Hi there!!!
Firts og all EMM is marvellous!!! But Could it run in linux or Mac OSx? IT would be great!!!

It will run in some sort of VM, Virtualbox, or the like.

SHen350 Wrote:I thought that the first couple of days. Then I was able to get on the site without problems. Thats when I started to think I changed something that was limiting my access to it. Thats why I started looking on here. The one post that I saw that had a similar problem hadn't been addressed, I thought maybe he had done the same thing.
Anyway, thanks for the answer. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't screwwed up his program with me inept tinkering.

Are you still having problems? Where is the other post of someone reporting problems with getting images from TMDB? Can't find that one... just trying to gather more data.
_______________Ember Media Manager_______________
Website | Download | Report Issues/Feature Requests | Donate

______________Show Your Appreciation______________
Donate to XBMC | Donate to TMDB | Donate to theTVDB
So alot of my divx/xvid movies are showing up with media flags for DVD as well as xvid... is there an option to only make the DVD label show up for movies that are an .ISO or have a VIDEO_TS folder?
DVD is a source, xvid is a codec.... 2 completely different, almost unrelated, flags. But, next version will have a meta data editor with defaults and bulk settings.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm extremely tired.... just understood your question. lol Source is read from file name.... if you have dvd in the filename, it will display as the source. The same applies to XBMC (source is not stored in the nfo), so to fix it you need to rename the files.

mcborzu Wrote:I think what was or is causing my slowness problem is something must be up with themoviedb.org....I just tried in Opera, Firefox, and IE and the sight won't load. Plus I only had that site checked as where to grab images from. I just tested by unchecking themoviedb.org and checking the others and it scanned 2 movies in seconds.

**ugh just tried a proxy and themoviedb.org worked, now I gotta track down why I can't view it

That was pg 167. You're moving so fast it was buried back there.

Anyway that seems to be my problem. I tried opening up themoviedb.org when I started having problems, and it didn't open, so I figured that site was down. A day or so later I was able to get on the site, but it still was extremely slow or would just hang when EMM scraped it. I'm also having a problem with it saving what I do scrape, but I think I was reading about a setting problem that I did that could be the problem there. I just need to look it through good.

Oky, I think I have the saving problem corrected. Least it seems to be saving now. I am also hopeful that it seems to contact tmdb faster now too.

Ummm... one thing I did notice is not all my movies have the option of getting thumbs. Is this due to the source, or again something I have set wrong?
I'm sure this must be something I am doing as that is really the only other post I could find with what seemed like the same problem. I have just updated to v778 and it still seems to do the same thing. Maybe I somehow screwed up the updating process.
OK I just started creating a german translation and wanted to see the first results. I have copied the "English (en_US).xml" and renamed it to "Deutsch (de_DE).xml", opened EMM and switched the language but nothing changes. The french file works but I only get english strings independent of whether I choose the "English (en_US).xml" or the "Deutsch (de_DE).xml" file.
Am I missing something?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
The file must be UTF8 encoded.
You should have a error file in the log dir Smile

Try using a real software to edit the file like notepad++ in last version works great (and with compare function to see missing items and co )

an easy test copy the english file just change the file menu to something without any special char like aaa and see if it works if yes it's that Smile
SHen350 Wrote:That was pg 167. You're moving so fast it was buried back there.

Anyway that seems to be my problem. I tried opening up themoviedb.org when I started having problems, and it didn't open, so I figured that site was down. A day or so later I was able to get on the site, but it still was extremely slow or would just hang when EMM scraped it. I'm also having a problem with it saving what I do scrape, but I think I was reading about a setting problem that I did that could be the problem there. I just need to look it through good.

I'm sure this must be something I am doing as that is really the only other post I could find with what seemed like the same problem. I have just updated to v778 and it still seems to do the same thing. Maybe I somehow screwed up the updating process.

Yeah, that's a problem with the TMDB server and/or TMDB API, not with Ember. Unfortunately, there's not really much we can do about it aside from asking you to donate to them so they can get better equipment.

As far as not saving some items, the setting you're looking for is "Use <movie> Only for Folders with Multiple Movies". Wink

Tolriq Wrote:The file must be UTF8 encoded.
You should have a error file in the log dir Smile

Try using a real software to edit the file like notepad++ in last version works great (and with compare function to see missing items and co )

an easy test copy the english file just change the file menu to something without any special char like aaa and see if it works if yes it's that Smile

I am using Notepad++. OK I created another copy and changed the "File" string to "Test" and it works. Maybe it has something to do with the special chars like ä,ö,ü etc.

EDIT: OK it was the encoding. Stupid Notepad++ saved it in ANSI -_-
Thx for the help.
nul7 Wrote:As far as not saving some items, the setting you're looking for is "Use <movie> Only for Folders with Multiple Movies". Wink

Anyway you can default that setting to OFF...Might save you alot of typing.....Big Grin
  • 116(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24