• 29(current)
[LINUX] XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04)
With the script I've been hosting I gave it a go yesterday and it installed what I think is Beta2 with the new Confidence skin. I have no idea how things work in the back end, but it was installed and runs pretty nice.
Hi all, i hope you can help me. I have tried running the script in jaunty & karmic clean installs and always get the same errors. Here is everything that is output in the console.

Quote:login as: xbmc
[email protected]'s password:
Linux csort-xbmc-01 2.6.28-17-generic #58-Ubuntu SMP Tue Dec 1 18:57:07 UTC 2009 i686

The programs included with the Ubuntu system are free software;
the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Ubuntu comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by
applicable law.

To access official Ubuntu documentation, please visit:
http://help.ubuntu.com/
To run a command as administrator (user "root"), use "sudo <command>".
See "man sudo_root" for details.

xbmc@csort-xbmc-01:~$ wget http://flx.me/script; chmod +x xbmscript.sh; sudo ./xbmscript.sh
--2009-12-05 14:06:19-- http://flx.me/script
Resolving flx.me... 69.163.203.161
Connecting to flx.me|69.163.203.161|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 301 Moved Permanently
--2009-12-05 14:06:19-- http://flx.me/script/
Reusing existing connection to flx.me:80.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Moved Temporarily
--2009-12-05 14:06:20-- http://flx.me/script/xbmscript.sh
Reusing existing connection to flx.me:80.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 54698 (53K) [application/x-sh]
Saving to: `xbmscript.sh'

100%[======================================>] 54,698 76.2K/s in 0.7s

2009-12-05 14:06:20 (76.2 KB/s) - `xbmscript.sh' saved [54698/54698]

[sudo] password for xbmc:
sudo: unable to execute ./xbmscript.sh: No such file or directory
xbmc@csort-xbmc-01:~$
xbmc@csort-xbmc-01:~$ sudo bash ./xbmscript.sh : command not founde 6:
: command not founde 10:
: command not founde 22:
./xbmscript.sh: line 45: syntax error near unexpected token `elif'
'/xbmscript.sh: line 45: ` elif ${#KARMIC_OS} -gt 0 (wiki) ; then
xbmc@csort-xbmc-01:~$

Has onyone else had this problem? I am a noob so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jim
First up... great script and thanks - I'd have no chance writing someth as remotely useful as this tool!

However I have not had any success installing from this script.
To begin with I cannot sudo execute the script under the xbmc user. I had to actually download a dos2unix compiler to compile the xbmscript.sh file before it would execute.

After that I have tried an install (Option 1 -stable svn) with both the 185/190 drivers. Everything cranks along normally and fine and then halfway through (unfortunately I haven't seen exactly what stage) but it glitches out and turns the tv signal off and then keeps flicking between a black screen and the main menu.

I then have to hard restart at which stage the XBMC Logo comes up.. spins and then the following screen goes a black screen with a blinking cursor.

Shame as I really thought this script might simplify the installation of a few skins!

Open to any thoughts and first and foremost - thanks!

Other info:

Acer Revo (Single Core)
Install 9.04 JJ to SDHC Card successfully
Windows 7 on main HD
I would install it first on a PC monitor before running it on a TV.
implex Wrote:First up... great script and thanks - I'd have no chance writing someth as remotely useful as this tool!

However I have not had any success installing from this script.
To begin with I cannot sudo execute the script under the xbmc user. I had to actually download a dos2unix compiler to compile the xbmscript.sh file before it would execute.

After that I have tried an install (Option 1 -stable svn) with both the 185/190 drivers. Everything cranks along normally and fine and then halfway through (unfortunately I haven't seen exactly what stage) but it glitches out and turns the tv signal off and then keeps flicking between a black screen and the main menu.

I then have to hard restart at which stage the XBMC Logo comes up.. spins and then the following screen goes a black screen with a blinking cursor.

Shame as I really thought this script might simplify the installation of a few skins!

Open to any thoughts and first and foremost - thanks!

Other info:

Acer Revo (Single Core)
Install 9.04 JJ to SDHC Card successfully
Windows 7 on main HD

I fixed the formatting issue, should work without dos2unix. Anyway, there are currently a lot of problems occuring with the nvidia drivers not loading their modules for the kernel correctly. This causes all kinds of graphical glitches or prevents X from loading at all. I'm onto this and looking for a solution as we speak. Also, as Kizer said, Try it on a regular monitor first.
XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04)
Installing XBMC on Ubuntu can't get easier than this!
Before posting error/feature questions regarding XBMScript, read THIS
Run as root. Don't be a pussy
Ohyeah, I reworked the XBMScript page: http://flx.me/xbmscript
Looks a lot cleaner now Smile
flxfxp Wrote:Ohyeah, I reworked the XBMScript page: http://flx.me/xmbscript
Looks a lot cleaner now Smile

sweet, I like the new page :-)
Glad to hear you like it! I think its way more appealing to the eye in combination with my new layout and color scheme Smile
It would be great if someone could add support for Logitech's Harmony-Series inclusive optimized button layout (suspend with a single button, shortcut for "my movies/series", libraryupdate,... ) Smile
Hi Fireman, thanks for the commands. I used them and my 330 shuts down after hitting exit. But for now ic have the suspicion that my box is shutting down after a while not using it. It feels like the automatic shutdown which is offered by the energy saving options in os like windows. Any hints where to look at if there are any options relating to this?

FireMan Wrote:Should be nice add these lines to the script, also the lines needed to make possible shut down, suspend, reboot etc.:

Code:
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.suspend
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.hibernate
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.reboot
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.shutdown
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.reboot-multiple-sessions
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.shutdown-multiple-sessions

@flxfxp

registered here today - what a luck, my nick was available Wink I hope your work on that script will go on. I have several whishes to extend options. Should i post them here or do you like to receive them by mail/pm?
It would be under system > settings > system > power savings
Well it really depends on what skin you are using but that one is for the confidence or whatever the default one is called. Wink

Do you mean its turning off or dimming the screen? If its dimming the screen look for screen saver.
cossie Wrote:@flxfxp

registered here today - what a luck, my nick was available Wink I hope your work on that script will go on. I have several whishes to extend options. Should i post them here or do you like to receive them by mail/pm?

Just post them here, it's all good Smile
My first XBMC was installed with a previous xbmscript, but as my system suddenly crashed i had to reinstalled. So, i reinstalled a fresh ubuntu and ran your ultimate script - this time things didnt work out...

My xbmc dosnt start, the screen just flickrs?
I'm only able to start the system in safe mode, otherwise it will hang...

I choose the same nvidia driver as i did 1 month ago, and every other setting.

Hope someone can help me out.
iGudi Wrote:(...)My xbmc dosnt start, the screen just flickrs?

I choose the same nvidia driver as i did 1 month ago, and every other setting.(...)

Did you selected the option "last SVN"? I've had this problem to, yesterday, selecting last SVN.
If so, try selecting the last stable (will install 9.11 beta 1 with confluence skin).
Anyway, if fails with the last stable, I know the "BAND-AID Fixed Script including LIBASS" (page 35 from this topic) still working!

Good luck.
iGudi Wrote:My first XBMC was installed with a previous xbmscript, but as my system suddenly crashed i had to reinstalled. So, i reinstalled a fresh ubuntu and ran your ultimate script - this time things didnt work out...

My xbmc dosnt start, the screen just flickrs?

I choose the same nvidia driver as i did 1 month ago, and every other setting.

Hope someone can help me out.

Yesterday i tried a new install aswell (9.04), same happend to me.
flickering screen at the end on the install. I installed the PoV Ion 330 system on a monitor instead of my main TV. Any ideas yet what happend?
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04)5