• 12(current)
Dreambox-TV & Dbox2-TV Control Interface
hi

need help with the dreambox-tv script. im quite new to python scripts.  have downloaded dreambox-tv v0.39
im running xbmc 1.1.0 and python23

other python scripts work so i assume that the python part is ok.

i have edited the ip adr. in the config file and the dreamboxt-v.py

when i activate the script in xbmc it blinks "running" once but nothing happens. last entry in xbmc.log says running application

what im a doing wrong?

any help is welcome

/thanks
mosquito
update
found an earlier version of dreambox-tv v0.28 that works.

any ideas ?
do you have to have a dreambox receiver hooked up to your computer in order for it to work on your xbox, or does the xbox act as a receiver? i am confused
(doctharock @ dec. 14 2004,21:59 Wrote:do you have to have a dreambox receiver hooked up to your computer in order for it to work on your xbox, or does the xbox act as a receiver? i am confused
no. the xbox works as a reciever and a recorder! so fucking awesome!!! =) it records in vcd format ( i think) atleast .mpg..

i use xbox cvs from 12-24 and python included in it, and dreambox-tv 0.39.. hydra zeus image. works as a charm. you have to edit the .py and .ini file.. remeber to put the value =1 if you have a new image.
(mosquito68 @ nov. 28 2004,20:34 Wrote:update
found an earlier version of dreambox-tv v0.28 that works.

any ideas ?
i use image hydra zeus, xbmc cvs 24/12, dreambox-tv 0.39, works fine.. remember to edit the .ini and .py file. i think you have wrong value in the image value. you have to change to =1 if you have a new dreambox image. pm me if you still have problems..
thanks i got it to work now.

after i got .28 to work i downloaded a new copy of .39 and then it worked

i must have had a bad or incomplete version of .39

thanks
and happy new year to all
hi,

is anyone working on, or having success with the dbox2 python script? as dbox2 is becoming more popular in the uk there are a few of us here desperate for this..but having problems getting it going..

cheers,

c.r.
@GeminiServer

just wondering if your working on any updates to this script?

oops didnt see you edited the first post, well thanx for this great script.
i tried to get a price for the dreambox 7000s and was told by the local dealer that they are out of stock and waiting for the 7020s later this month.

does anyone know what advantages this has over the 7000s when it comes to xbox integration/features?

would i be better of waiting for a cheap 7000s?

features (taken from http://www.cdss2.home.pl/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=55 )

250 mhz powerpc processor (350 mips)
linux open source (most parts under gpl)
supports linux standard api (direct-fb, linux-fb, lirc)
1 x dvb common-interface module
2 x smartcard-readers
analog modem (dsl)
rf modulator
12v output
video cinch output
power switch
internal smartcard reader (dreamcrypt)
integrated compact flash reader (module from the front) for e.g. camera memory cards.
mpeg2 hardware decoding (dvb compatible)
support for mpeg4 decoding.
tuner varieties nims (dvb-s)
100 mbit full duplex ethernet interface
usb port keyboard, mouse, webcams and other devices
connection v.24/rs232
wide lcd-display
96 mbyte ram (main memory)
32 mbyte rom (flash memory)
embedded ide udma66 master/slave connection
hard disk support up to 300gb!
stronger external power supply from panasonic!
unlimited channel list for tv/radio
channel change in less than one second
fully automatic channel browsing.
support of bouquet-lists (indirect unlimited)
epg-support (electronic program guide)
videotext-support
applications as web-browser or mail-clients
support of multi lnb-change-over (diseqc)
adaptable osd in many languages (skin-support)
spdi/f optical port ac-3/dts
2 x scart-connection (complete software-controlled)
mini-din: connection for external ir (send/receive) and 12 c for external rotor control.
internal send/receive diodes (videorecorder)
weight: 1.800 kg
i just found this:

Quote:the most notable differences between the dm7000 & the dm7020 are the new powersupply (with powerswitch on the back) & the increased ram; 64 mb.

a remarkable new feature is the integrated modem, which probably could be used for paytv in the near future.

the use of a harddrive is improved because bigger harddisks up to 300 gb can be used & won't be troubled by the powersupply anymore.

here http://www.ishop-dream.com/product....&page=1
when trying to run callys dbox on xbmc i keep getting 404 file not found when i try to see what channels are available using neutrino when i try enigmah it will not update. please help :help: javascript:emoticon(':help:')
smilie
hi,

i can confirm that it is possible to look hdtv channels through the xbox.

but you do need the ms high definition pack, modded xbox, and a 1080i hdtv tv.

the problem is that i get a lot of noice on the screen. it looks like it is to much for either the dreambox or the xbox.

any suggestions?

regards,

toine
think it's too much for the xbox.
i had it running before through my pc and that worked fine (playback only).

i don't have a hdtv tv, just a regular pal tv.
i also don't have the hdtv kit but do have the advanced scart package with optical out.
perhaps that's compatible too.

i't not good enough to be usable for me at this point, perhaps some settings could be better.
anyone who's got it working nicely please post your settings.

also a new downloadlink for the v0.39 release would be usefull.

regards.
hi im getting an error http://[email protected]/body ubale to connect . do you want to configure your settings.

i have checked my settings several times. i am having no probs streaming to video lan client on my pcs but have 2 xboxs and woul love to stream to these.

i am using hydra7000_phoenix_109_final.img on my dreambox in australia. i also have a dm500s so will give that a try tonight. any advise would be appreciated. also i am using version 0.38. can someone post a link to version 0.39.

great project and a great application of xbox media center.

thanks in advance
hi im getting an error http://[email protected]/body ubale to connect . do you want to configure your settings.

i have checked my settings several times. i am having no probs streaming to video lan client on my pcs but have 2 xboxs and woul love to stream to these.

i am using hydra7000_phoenix_109_final.img on my dreambox in australia. i also have a dm500s so will give that a try tonight. any advise would be appreciated. also i am using version 0.38. can someone post a link to version 0.39.

great project and a great application of xbox media center.

thanks in advance
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dreambox-TV & Dbox2-TV Control Interface0