• 9(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2
@MarcosQui

Is there a way we could get the uncompressed textures.xbt file?
Brewster Wrote:@MarcosQui

I would like the uncompressed textures as well if possible.
Brewster Wrote:@MarcosQui

Zaxxan Wrote:I would like the uncompressed textures as well if possible.

Search on this forum for the application "Texture Packer".
This is an application to compress and decompress .xbt and .xpr files.
sergiocos Wrote:season fanart wasn't in aeon65, maybe you used other skin Wink
it's normal behaviour for true blood to appear, you have to define a fallback image (probably a black .jpg) to get rid of that image

I was definitely using aeon65, the only thing that was different was I was using an altered multiplex.xml, I can't find the thread where I got it from though. I believe there were 4 versions available, but I think all the one i had did was make the poster size smaller and disable info except on episode level.

Thanks for the info about the fallback image.
Horscht Wrote:I am having a small (read: big) issue with this skin, I am not sure if I am doing something wrong.

For my TV Shows I like to have the "wide" view. So I enabled it in options and I can now select in the TV shows option.

However, It only works if I call the TV-Shows option from the main menu. Using the XBMC Command

Code:
XBMC.ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,TvShowTitles)

which is mapped to my MCE Remote, the view is reset to "list" and "wide" is no longer selectable from the popup menu, only "list" and "showcase" remains. The "wide" view becomes selectable again if I go to the Home menu and select TV-Shows from there...

any way to fix this? This skin is nice (read: awesome), but that is a major bug for me which keeps me from using it, as the "list" view looks horrible with my TV Show Banners Wink

anyone?
fabianosan Wrote:Search on this forum for the application "Texture Packer".
You can't decompress .xbt files or at least that's what i heard from the devs.
It's just a shame the textures arent available uncompressed from the start which is why i have switched to aeon65 and it's only 114mb download
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
fabianosan Wrote:Search on this forum for the application "Texture Packer".

Hi, can you provide a link to the file, the only texturepacker program I can find doesn't support .xbt files.
Unable to decompress textures .xbt.

If I used this way is because I have my reasons:

1. - The Aeon MQ uses themes that include panels and background images. For themes work correctly the use of textures is required.

2. - Using textures the navigation of the skin is a bit faster.

Use textures and a standard thing these days, even if your skin does not use just a matter of time that it will use.

242MB is too big? Yes, if compared to other skins, but the Aeon is rich in detail, it makes it really big and besides, how long it takes to download it today, 5 or 10 minutes?

Remember that Aeon MQ 2 has twice the background (720 and 1080p) as well as all what I already mentioned, all that counts. For me I would take a lot of skin, but then they would complain too ... you can never please everyone.

Best regards.
MarcosQui Wrote:Unable to decompress textures .xbt.

1. - The Aeon MQ uses themes that include panels and background images. For themes work correctly the use of textures is required.

Use textures and a standard thing these days, even if your skin does not use just a matter of time that it will use.

242MB is too big? Yes, if compared to other skins, but the Aeon is rich in detail, it makes it really big and besides, how long it takes to download it today, 5 or 10 minutes?

Remember that Aeon MQ 2 has twice the background (720 and 1080p) as well as all what I already mentioned, all that counts. For me I would take a lot of skin, but then they would complain too ... you can never please everyone.

Best regards.

You're absolutely right, in my opinion what the hell are 250mb today ?

Shocked

By the way, any updates ? Rofl

Thanx again for this great MOD.
Thanks butchabay.

Version 2.1.0 with customize the main menu and other things will be ready in the coming days.

MarcosQui Wrote:Unable to decompress textures .xbt.

Best regards.

today´s fast download rates do not justify bloated download sizes. since Aeon MQ 2 is based on an old Aeon65 it´s very likely that a lot of textures are unused (I´m talkin about approx. 50 MB)
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Hello Phil, I've been talking to Jezz_X precisely the case of textures. There is a curious fact; The Aeon MQ 2 is almost 100MB less than when it creates the file .xbt.

If you say that the skin panels have left I believe, as soon as possible I will take a deeper look.

I appreciate the tip.

This mod might have a bright future if the only purpose will be SPEED. There are a lot of people with atom setups which looks with envy at the Aeon skin. @MarcosQui: If you manage to optimize it instead of listen to everyone telling you what to add, and what is needed, then this will be the perfect skin, and not a replica. This skin might became Aeon65 thinner and faster brother.
In case you didn't know Notepad++ has a "Find in Files" setting under search. I just spent a good 2 days using that and probably got rid of a solid 15-20mb of textures....

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
sergiocos Wrote:This mod might have a bright future if the only purpose will be SPEED. There are a lot of people with atom setups which looks with envy at the Aeon skin. @MarcosQui: If you manage to optimize it instead of listen to everyone telling you what to add, and what is needed, then this will be the perfect skin, and not a replica. This skin might became Aeon65 thinner and faster brother.

I agree that speed is very important, I'm running MQ 2 on my atom 330 and I am very pleased with the current speed, I just hope that any future additions to the skin will not have a detrimental effect on the speed.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 232