• 349(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
Thare187 Wrote:Would i be able to install it if I have a previous version installed on another computer? I just built a new HTPC for the living room and really need this. Sad

You should be able too. I don't believe that it installs any files any other places other than the install folder.

In Vista and Windows 7 the install directory is:

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Ember Media Manager

It should be something like

C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Ember Media Manager

for XP.

Copy that folder over to a different computer and you should be set.
The only problem is he won't get to use all his plugins ...
Hi,

Since I haven't managed to get cast credits in EMM, would it be possible to re-scrape titles directly in XBMC and get cast there? I mean, without losing all other information.

Thanks for your help.

Marco

PS By the way, anyone knows what happened to EMM website? It's still down ("Account suspended")
I'm in the same boat as Vorce.
I realized all my scans has cast/credits/MPAA certs/genre missing and it needs to be redone.
Anyone has any techniques for this while EMM is SOL?
The1JDC Wrote:I'm in the same boat as Vorce.
I realized all my scans has cast/credits/MPAA certs/genre missing and it needs to be redone.

You can use xbmc itself to scrape using the imdb scraper and then export as separate files and then you've got your nfo files. Give it a shot, the export library option in xbmc has become quite versatile. Even export thumbs and fanart if you so wish.
The1JDC Wrote:I'm in the same boat as Vorce.

Try this (and test on 1 movie first):

1. Edit/Settings/Movies/Scrapers - Data and set the Global Locks on items you do not want changed when you rescrape
2. Mark 1 movie that you want to test this on (right click and mark)
3. Scrape Media/ custom scraper. Select Marked Movies. Uncheck any modifiers and Options that you do not want rescraped, then Begin

*Edit*
I just tried the above with a movie that was missing cast/meta data/ director, and it didn't work. I had to rescrape the title to get it to pull the cast info. However, what did work was to select Settings/Movies/Scrapers - Ember Native Movie Scrapers and then uncheck Enabled. That way it won't try and grab poster/images again and it will rescrape very quickly.
I wonder if it's about time to switch from Ember to something else? Lately they've gone completely downhill, not fixing problems, etc. This just seems like the last step. We haven't heard anything at all from them about what is causing all these problems.
YodaEXE Wrote:I wonder if it's about time to switch from Ember to something else? Lately they've gone completely downhill, not fixing problems, etc. This just seems like the last step. We haven't heard anything at all from them about what is causing all these problems.

Yes we have. It was on their home page, the devs are currently taking a hiatus. Remember that they are doing this using their free time, and if more pressing matters arrive we should understand and respect that.
Thanks for your replies. what could be a good replacement for EMM?
CrashnBrn Wrote:Yes we have. It was on their home page, the devs are currently taking a hiatus. Remember that they are doing this using their free time, and if more pressing matters arrive we should understand and respect that.

There's a difference between taking a break and letting your entire website go down, breaking the software.
YodaEXE Wrote:There's a difference between taking a break and letting your entire website go down, breaking the software.

Use something else? Not trying to be a smartass, it sucks as I really liked EMM.

Xmm2 seems to be up and coming, or media companion?

Edit: Maybe if the dev reads this thread and does not want to continue work he/she can open source the code so other can pick up where it left off?
SirBC Wrote:I just tried the above with a movie that was missing cast/meta data/ director, and it didn't work. I had to rescrape the title to get it to pull the cast info. However, what did work was to select Settings/Movies/Scrapers - Ember Native Movie Scrapers and then uncheck Enabled. That way it won't try and grab poster/images again and it will rescrape very quickly.

Not working for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it's not working. Back to my original question: if I re-scrape everything in XBMC (I have it on an XBOX), will I lose everything already scraped in EMM or not?

Kind regards
vorce72 Wrote:Not working for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it's not working. Back to my original question: if I re-scrape everything in XBMC (I have it on an XBOX), will I lose everything already scraped in EMM or not?

Kind regards

I'm not sure I fully understand your question, but I will try to answer.

When you scrape with XBMC it saves all of the information in it's database as opposed to the actual file locations. When you scrape with EMM it saves everything to the file locations themselves.

So if you have scrapped everything in EMM it should have all the pics and info saved to the folders where the files are stored. Therefore if you re-scrape in XMBC it should theoretically pull in the info from the folders before trying to scrape anything online. It should not delete or change anything in those folders.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
CrashnBrn Wrote:I'm not sure I fully understand your question, but I will try to answer.

When you scrape with XBMC it saves all of the information in it's database as opposed to the actual file locations. When you scrape with EMM it saves everything to the file locations themselves.

So if you have scrapped everything in EMM it should have all the pics and info saved to the folders where the files are stored. Therefore if you re-scrape in XBMC it should theoretically pull in the info from the folders before trying to scrape anything online. It should not delete or change anything in those folders.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think your 100% on point as that is the information i received when i asked virtually the same question.
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

Thanks a lot, CrashnBrn and BigO.

Sorry for not being so clear about it. My question should have been: if I upload all the files/folders created in EMM to XBMC and then I rescrape everything in XBMC, will XBMC complete the missing information (ie Cast and Genre) keeping all the rest (covers, outline/plot, year, etc.), or will it overwrite everything?

From your answers, I understand everything will be kept. I will simply try with a couple of movies and see what happens.

Thanks again for your time and patience.

regards
  • 349(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24