[Collection] All XBMC Addons that work with Apple TV 2
bladeds Wrote:i had the same problem, if you dont know how to install nightly build, an easier work around is to turn off hardware accleration in the system, video setting in XBMC. with this off i hv still been able to use icefilms app and play standard definition streams

Here are the Instructions to install the nightly build. (Uninstall the existing XBMC from your ATV2 before proceeding the below steps)

SSH into your atv2 (IP is under System > System Info in XBMC) and type:

1. wget http://hadm.net/~keith/xbmc_atv2/latest_atv2.deb
2. dpkg -i latest_atv2.deb
3. rm latest_atv2.deb
Great thread, was thinking about this for a while ;-) Thanks!

Would it be useful if the OP would keep a full *updated* list in his first post?
Don't you think we need a "What doesn't work with apple tv2" Smile
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

how do i drop the zip file into the aptv2 via ssh could someone give me the command line please ?
grunter375 Wrote:how do i drop the zip file into the aptv2 via ssh could someone give me the command line please ?

You have to download an SSH client. I recommend Cyberduck for Mac and WinSCP for PC

justash Wrote:Here is how Icefilms addon is going to look on ATV2

which version of XBMC do you have? I installed XBMC on my ATV2 via NitroTV from ATV Flash Black. Mine looks nothing like that at all. The scrolling thing with the title is on the left and the cover is on the right.
livestreams is working great
also iplayer (UK only)
TVCatchup (UK only)
youtube (add subscription for 4oD)

i have a few others.. but those are the best i have for now Big Grin
nevermind my post above. I figured out that I just have to hold the left button lol. I bought my ATV2 two days ago so i'm still unfamiliar with everything. What is the nightly build that was posted above?
justash Wrote:Bluecop's Video Plugin

Repository
Download this zip

Download the above zip and the in the Add ons section of XBMC choose install from zip.

What you get:

Television:
Hulu
CBS
TBS
TNT
Adult Swim
Cartoon Network
Spike TV
The Daily Show
The Colbert Report
South Park Studios
Music Videos
MTV Networks
Yahoo Music Videos
VEVO

i ve been having trouble adding the plugins to xbmc on my atv2. i use winscp and drag and drop in the the applications folder. when i pull them up on my atv2. the repo(or plugins) show up, but when i click them to activate them, nothing happens. any tips? am i downloading them in the wrong format?
Has anyone gotten the movie quiz script to work? Mine says "dependencies not met" when installing so I imagine it's because I'm on nightlies.
justash Wrote:Here is how Icefilms addon is going to look on ATV2

how did you get the movie picture on it? my doesnt show.....
fabulous Wrote:how did you get the movie picture on it? my doesnt show.....

fabulous, after you install the icefilms Addon, the very first time you launch it, it will prompt you to download 250 MB data..once you download it, you will start seeing the screen as shown in the covers..enjoy!
justash Wrote:fabulous, after you install the icefilms Addon, the very first time you launch it, it will prompt you to download 250 MB data..once you download it, you will start seeing the screen as shown in the covers..enjoy!

its weird i don't have it, i just delete it and install again..any other way? like using wincp?
im on nighties http://hadm.net/xbmc/latest_atv2.deb
just updated couple days ago

icefilm works great except HD 720p movies shutter a lil bit, so as previous xbmc too
veetle is nice and works perfect

for chinese add-on (most of them work except tv365 which i like the most)

south park studio doesnt work...that sucks

crackle works fine but not many movies there

adult add-on for the fantasti.cc doenst work anymore

if anyone has add-on for live stream from taiwan channels or news i'll be soooo happy
@fabulous

You should check out the Livestreams add on for the taiwan channels. There is a pretty big list of all different streams. Not all work on atv2 but plenty do.

As far as movies go, you an also try, The only device, Pelliscarta, Youtube movie channel and Navix is huge if you are in the right location.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

activate Wrote:@fabulous

You should check out the Livestreams add on for the taiwan channels. There is a pretty big list of all different streams. Not all work on atv2 but plenty do.

As far as movies go, you an also try, The only device, Pelliscarta, Youtube movie channel and Navix is huge if you are in the right location.

im sorry where can i find Livestreams add on for the taiwan channels?
i know TUVplayer app for iphone has lots channels i like, but it cant be airplay to atv2...i have been looking for them for awhile, guess nobody has came up with the add-on for atv2 yet.

not sure whats The only device, Pelliscarta and tried youtube movie channels seems doesnt work, maybe i have to pay them. and yes NAvi works well for searching movies but recently it freeze when i try to do the search or add the favorite list, maybe it need to be update not sure

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Collection] All XBMC Addons that work with Apple TV 21