• 36(current)
[RELEASE] Pneumatic
j1nx Wrote:Nah. Not for me.

CP is for content that a) i want to have local. b) is not yet available on the servers

I dont see scope for streaming purposes. It would be nice to push a movie to CP from within thoughh

I see you point, however I see the streaming possibilities as a way to get rid of local storage. The purpose of CP is then just to find the links to what I want to see...
Pneumatic | SABnzbd | XBMC that just works - openelec
I still don't understand what you are saying. Do you mean that CP will look for the files you need? What are the advantages of using CP with your plugin?

What I really would like to see is IceLibrary modified to use your plugin instead of megaupload (or maybe combined). That would be awsome. Then we would have an almost complete library.

/edit

I understand your suggestion now. But isn't that only usefull if you don't download the files, but only the nzb's with CP?
Hey everyone!

First of all let me say a huge thank you, Popeye for the work that you've done. I've recently installed XBMC (without knowing at the time about your plugin) and was plesently surprised when I found out about it.

I'm having one problem though, making it work with the ATV2. I haven't read the whole thread, so I apologise if this has been mentioned.

I'm not sure how to explain it, but it seems that when using XBMC's own mounting 'function', the NZB plugin doesn't work correctly.

My own example: I'm running SABNZBd on my NAS. Mounted the SABNZBd incomplete folder on the AppleTV2, tried using SMB or FTP (and NFS as well, I believe). NZB.SU plugin works, sends the NZB to sabnzbd but stays with the "Waiting to download" counter forever. It will never get past that to the "Downloading first rar" or "Downloading last rar" screen.
If I use my Mac laptop, and use the operating system's native smb client to mount it to a folder, it works as it should and it's a fantastic experience!!!

So, to sum it up, using SMB/FTP under XBMC doesn't work for me, either using the ATV2 or OSX. Under OSX I have to mount the sabnzb incomplete folder using the operating system.

------

On a complete different note, if I have the right to make a few suggestions, there are just a few thing that would make this plugin even more perfect for me.

1) A 'on/off toogle' in the addon settings to automatically delete every file and folder from the "SABNZBd incompletes" upon launch, for example. I think this would be a great future to avoid people having to go to sab's web interface or folder to clean all the remaining stuff from previous streaming sessions. Also: WAF!!!

2) The hability to use our own NZBs and not use the indexer websites. I personally like to use SickBeard and Couch Potato to grab NZBs for me, but I like to organize them my own way folder structure and it would be great if the plugin would let me browse my "NZB Collection" and stream from there.
I believe this is somewhat similar to what Popeye mentioned a few posts before regarding CP's black hole.

3) The last... and probably the most chalanging, I would think.
It would be great to have this functionality integrated with XBMC's library. I believe there is something similar for IceFilms.
There are many advantages to this such as library view, metadata, watched/unwatched status, synching with trakt, etc.

It is not difficult to make XBMC accept NZB files and scan those to the library but of course they would not play. It would be great that, when an NZB file is present, the NZB plugin would launch and start streaming from sabnzbd.

Anyway, I believe these are my sugestions. Please do not take it the wrong way as I do love this plugin, and it was an excellent surprised when I dicovered and played with it. These few things would make it even better Smile

Cheers, and thanks for your hard work!
Popeye Wrote:I see you point, however I see the streaming possibilities as a way to get rid of local storage.

Indeed. With retentions growing and growing, for me, means it's pretty much unecessary to store locally, if I want to watch something (for the 1st or nth time), I'll just download it again or stream it (even better).
Popeye Wrote:I see you point, however I see the streaming possibilities as a way to get rid of local storage. The purpose of CP is then just to find the links to what I want to see...

Hi Popeye,

Great to see you your coming up with more ideas.. I think it would be a good idea. If CP could could notify you when it's available.

Cheers
Zure Wrote:I still don't understand what you are saying. Do you mean that CP will look for the files you need? What are the advantages of using CP with your plugin?

What I really would like to see is IceLibrary modified to use your plugin instead of megaupload (or maybe combined). That would be awsome. Then we would have an almost complete library.

Yes, CP will just act as finder, nothing more. I havent looked into what IceLibrary is but I have some plans for a library mode.

samukas Wrote:Hey everyone!

First of all let me say a huge thank you, Popeye for the work that you've done. I've recently installed XBMC (without knowing at the time about your plugin) and was plesently surprised when I found out about it.

I'm having one problem though, making it work with the ATV2. I haven't read the whole thread, so I apologise if this has been mentioned.

I'm not sure how to explain it, but it seems that when using XBMC's own mounting 'function', the NZB plugin doesn't work correctly.

My own example: I'm running SABNZBd on my NAS. Mounted the SABNZBd incomplete folder on the AppleTV2, tried using SMB or FTP (and NFS as well, I believe). NZB.SU plugin works, sends the NZB to sabnzbd but stays with the "Waiting to download" counter forever. It will never get past that to the "Downloading first rar" or "Downloading last rar" screen.
If I use my Mac laptop, and use the operating system's native smb client to mount it to a folder, it works as it should and it's a fantastic experience!!!

So, to sum it up, using SMB/FTP under XBMC doesn't work for me, either using the ATV2 or OSX. Under OSX I have to mount the sabnzb incomplete folder using the operating system.

------

On a complete different note, if I have the right to make a few suggestions, there are just a few thing that would make this plugin even more perfect for me.

1) A 'on/off toogle' in the addon settings to automatically delete every file and folder from the "SABNZBd incompletes" upon launch, for example. I think this would be a great future to avoid people having to go to sab's web interface or folder to clean all the remaining stuff from previous streaming sessions. Also: WAF!!!

2) The hability to use our own NZBs and not use the indexer websites. I personally like to use SickBeard and Couch Potato to grab NZBs for me, but I like to organize them my own way folder structure and it would be great if the plugin would let me browse my "NZB Collection" and stream from there.
I believe this is somewhat similar to what Popeye mentioned a few posts before regarding CP's black hole.

3) The last... and probably the most chalanging, I would think.
It would be great to have this functionality integrated with XBMC's library. I believe there is something similar for IceFilms.
There are many advantages to this such as library view, metadata, watched/unwatched status, synching with trakt, etc.

It is not difficult to make XBMC accept NZB files and scan those to the library but of course they would not play. It would be great that, when an NZB file is present, the NZB plugin would launch and start streaming from sabnzbd.

Anyway, I believe these are my sugestions. Please do not take it the wrong way as I do love this plugin, and it was an excellent surprised when I dicovered and played with it. These few things would make it even better Smile

Cheers, and thanks for your hard work!

I'm happy you like it Big Grin ! I don't own a ATV2 so I have a hard time understanding what is going wrong. What I believe is causing the trouble is the access to the incomplete folder. Just adding a smb share in XBMC will not work and the plugin needs a mounted path. So find a way to make your remote SABnzbd incomplete folder appear as a local folder (e.g. /user/name/sabincomplete)

Regarding your suggestions.
1. Cleaning of incomplete, definitely something I have thought about but unsure what is the best scenario. A manual "delete all", automated clearing .. It all depends on you viewing preferences. Something for the todo list at least.

2. Yes, this is good and if I add the function for a CP blackhole this could also be easily done.

3. Yes, I have had these thoughts for quite some time. The thing with XBMC's database is that it must have a local file to refer to (like .strm). There are also no python API's for adding items. I have all the data needed for XBMC's database, like the link (plugin://...) , thumbnail and metadata.
Imagine being able to add all streaming links to the db like youtube videos, nzb's etc. Everything is just links to addons taking care of the link resolution.
Guess, without some XBMC development strm files are the current way to go.. I really want this function too.

samukas Wrote:Indeed. With retentions growing and growing, for me, means it's pretty much unecessary to store locally, if I want to watch something (for the 1st or nth time), I'll just download it again or stream it (even better).

Exactly, the only local storage needed would be the the meta database and enough space for you incomplete folder..
simon_rb Wrote:Hi Popeye,

Great to see you your coming up with more ideas.. I think it would be a good idea. If CP could could notify you when it's available.

Cheers

I think it can send a notification already. Guess I could also add a notification in the addon when you enter it like "New movies from CP available" ...

BTW, did the last release fix your issue with 'samples'?
Popeye Wrote:1. Cleaning of incomplete, definitely something I have thought about but unsure what is the best scenario. A manual "delete all", automated clearing .. It all depends on you viewing preferences. Something for the todo list at least.
Would it be possible to show a dialog after the movie finished with the options to either delete or keep the files?

Popeye Wrote:3. Yes, I have had these thoughts for quite some time. The thing with XBMC's database is that it must have a local file to refer to (like .strm). There are also no python API's for adding items. I have all the data needed for XBMC's database, like the link (plugin://...) , thumbnail and metadata.
Imagine being able to add all streaming links to the db like youtube videos, nzb's etc. Everything is just links to addons taking care of the link resolution.
Guess, without some XBMC development strm files are the current way to go.. I really want this function too.
With a little extra work that's actually possible. You should check out this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109572
One way of doing that would be to add a "movies" folder in your addon_data path and then instructing the user to add this folder as a source. iirc the icelibrary addon is doing this automatically.
Anyway the rest should be fairly easy by just generating the strm files with the correct plugin://... links and the right filename. XBMC should be able to handle the scraping and actually adding that stuff to the library by itself.
iDude Wrote:Would it be possible to show a dialog after the movie finished with the options to either delete or keep the files?

With a little extra work that's actually possible. You should check out this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109572
One way of doing that would be to add a "movies" folder in your addon_data path and then instructing the user to add this folder as a source. iirc the icelibrary addon is doing this automatically.
Anyway the rest should be fairly easy by just generating the strm files with the correct plugin://... links and the right filename. XBMC should be able to handle the scraping and actually adding that stuff to the library by itself.

Waiting until the movie is done, sure. Just have to have a tread running waiting for the end.

I'll look into what they are doing.

What about the possibility to associate a file extension with a addon? Imagine XBMC seing the .nzb as a playable movie and just index them as anything else. When trying to play the addon is called and doing it's magic...
Popeye Wrote:Yes, CP will just act as finder, nothing more. I havent looked into what IceLibrary is but I have some plans for a library mode.

3. Yes, I have had these thoughts for quite some time. The thing with XBMC's database is that it must have a local file to refer to (like .strm). There are also no python API's for adding items. I have all the data needed for XBMC's database, like the link (plugin://...) , thumbnail and metadata.

I think you are talking about what Icelibrary is all about. It generates .strm files based on Icefilms.info. If you could modify them to use nzb title searching instead of megaupload link. Or just combine them.

ps I only said this again because I think that you and I are talking about the same thing Smile It is not meant in any way to be demanding.
Popeye Wrote:I think it can send a notification already. Guess I could also add a notification in the addon when you enter it like "New movies from CP available" ...

BTW, did the last release fix your issue with 'samples'?

Hi Popeye,

Yes it did. I tried the same film and it worked a treat, Thank you.

As a request would there be a way for the plugin to download the movie info for streaming?(fan art, director, studio etc..) I use the NZBMatrix addon which is very good and displays that info when browsing. Thought it would be nice to see that info on the OSD when streaming, not sure if that's your plugin or maybe the author of the NZBMatrix add-on that needs to code it?

Anyways sounds like your going to be a very busy chap Smile

Cheers
simon_rb Wrote:Hi Popeye,

Yes it did. I tried the same film and it worked a treat, Thank you.

As a request would there be a way for the plugin to download the movie info for streaming?(fan art, director, studio etc..) I use the NZBMatrix addon which is very good and displays that info when browsing. Thought it would be nice to see that info on the OSD when streaming, not sure if that's your plugin or maybe the author of the NZBMatrix add-on that needs to code it?

Anyways sounds like your going to be a very busy chap Smile

Cheers

Good news. Regarding the OSD info, this is due to the playing being launched by another plugin and no info is carried over to the nzbs addon. This could be solved by either supplying the meta data in the request to nzbs or by making the addon (e.g. nzbmatrix) creating a .nfo and .tbn in the incomplete folder and then launch the playing... I'll add it to the huge todo list Big Grin
Thank you for your answers Smile

Popeye Wrote:I'm happy you like it Big Grin ! I don't own a ATV2 so I have a hard time understanding what is going wrong. What I believe is causing the trouble is the access to the incomplete folder. Just adding a smb share in XBMC will not work and the plugin needs a mounted path. So find a way to make your remote SABnzbd incomplete folder appear as a local folder (e.g. /user/name/sabincomplete)

I found this thread , so it seems that the ATV2 cannot mount shares. So that puts off the plugin for now for ATV2 users Sad Is there any chance that the plugin might be able to work in the future with one or more of the protocols (smb, nfs, afp, ftp,...) XBMC supports?

Popeye Wrote:Regarding your suggestions.
1. Cleaning of incomplete, definitely something I have thought about but unsure what is the best scenario. A manual "delete all", automated clearing .. It all depends on you viewing preferences. Something for the todo list at least.
Popeye Wrote:Waiting until the movie is done, sure. Just have to have a tread running waiting for the end.

I guess instead of waiting for the movie to end, maybe after pressing stop there could be a question asking if you want to delete or not? Because people might not be liking the movie/tvshow and just want to stop and delete the whole thing Tongue Just a sugestion Smile

Popeye Wrote:Exactly, the only local storage needed would be the the meta database and enough space for you incomplete folder..

Yes, that's whay I'm trying to achive. I'd still keep my favourite stuff, but most of the stuff, I'd stream it. Not sure if retentions are still increasing or are 'stuck' at ~1200 days , though.
samukas Wrote:I found this thread , so it seems that the ATV2 cannot mount shares. So that puts off the plugin for now for ATV2 users Sad Is there any chance that the plugin might be able to work in the future with one or more of the protocols (smb, nfs, afp, ftp,...) XBMC supports?

I guess instead of waiting for the movie to end, maybe after pressing stop there could be a question asking if you want to delete or not? Because people might not be liking the movie/tvshow and just want to stop and delete the whole thing Tongue Just a sugestion Smile

Yes, that's whay I'm trying to achive. I'd still keep my favourite stuff, but most of the stuff, I'd stream it. Not sure if retentions are still increasing or are 'stuck' at ~1200 days , though.

Don't know how it will work with ATV2 and the new eden. I need a ATV2 to investigate...

I need a tread to wait for the movie, else I don't have the possibility to show a dialog

I have a idea project for a "virtual" archive with just your favorite nzb's. When they get close to retention end, a search for re-posts are done. As a final solution, the files get downloaded...
Hi there!

I'm getting a "Site down" message whenever I try to select any category.

This is on the last nightly build running on a 2010 Mac Mini with Snow Leopard and trying to connect to nzbs.org. I've entered all config settings (i.e. keys, username, pw).

Any ideas on what the problem could be or how I could trouble shut it? Would a log help?

Thanks in advance.
Mac Mini 2014 Dual-Core i7 3.0Ghz | 8GB LPDDR3 SDRAM | Intel Iris Graphics | 256GB PCIe Flash | Synology DS412+ with 11 TB | 1 TB Time Capsule | Samsung 65" UE65HU8500 | Denon AVR-X2100W | Jamo S 426 HCS 3 5.0 Speaker system | Yamaha YST-SW012 Subwoofer | Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) | Kodi Alpha
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Pneumatic11