• 14(current)
[RELEASE] TV Time (Video) Addon Version 2.0
fobizzle Wrote:log sent.

I use 3rd party aps to generate nfo's which xbmc scans.... so anything with <studio>Adult Swim</studio> is gonna get pulled?

Hello,

I had the same problem with studios. Well sort of, as you said yours worked previously.
Anyway, I had to fill in the <studio> info in the nfos and then had to remove the series from my library, clean the library and then rescrape back in. A refresh would not do the job for <studio> although it does work for <genre>

Mark
well changing my studio to adult swim seems to have worked as now before it hangs it does generate a much fuller adult swim channel, with show playlists as well based on the edits i just made. Plus now family guy and american dad show up in both the adult swim and fox playlists and channels. cool.
Lots of small updates tonight. Latest version is 2.2.15.
I'm having trouble getting this script to run. When ever I try it it gets stuck on "Updating Channel 1" I've checked the xbmc error log and this all that's written:

Code:
12:27:43 T:2921048944 M:3248390144  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:27:43 T:3024877568 M:3248390144   ERROR: ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block /storage/.xbmc/addons/script.tvtime
12:27:43 T:2921048944 M:3248381952   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
12:27:43 T:2921048944 M:3248381952  NOTICE: /storage/.xbmc/addons/script.tvtime/resources/lib/Overlay.py:65: DeprecationWarning: object.__init__() takes no parameters
                                              xbmcgui.WindowXMLDialog.__init__(self, *args, **kwargs)
12:27:43 T:2921048944 M:3248381952  NOTICE: /storage/.xbmc/addons/script.tvtime/resources/lib/Overlay.py:41: DeprecationWarning: object.__init__() takes no parameters
                                              xbmc.Player.__init__(self, xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_AUTO)

I'm not exactly sure what's going on, I'm running OPENELEC so my guess it's some sort of incompatibility with the version of python it's running. If you could point me in the direction of narrowing down were the error might be coming from I can poke around the code and see if I can get it to run.

For the record PsudoTV has the same problem.
mcorcoran Wrote:I'm having trouble getting this script to run. When ever I try it it gets stuck on "Updating Channel 1" I've checked the xbmc error log and this all that's written:

Code:
12:27:43 T:2921048944 M:3248390144  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:27:43 T:3024877568 M:3248390144   ERROR: ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block /storage/.xbmc/addons/script.tvtime
12:27:43 T:2921048944 M:3248381952   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
12:27:43 T:2921048944 M:3248381952  NOTICE: /storage/.xbmc/addons/script.tvtime/resources/lib/Overlay.py:65: DeprecationWarning: object.__init__() takes no parameters
                                              xbmcgui.WindowXMLDialog.__init__(self, *args, **kwargs)
12:27:43 T:2921048944 M:3248381952  NOTICE: /storage/.xbmc/addons/script.tvtime/resources/lib/Overlay.py:41: DeprecationWarning: object.__init__() takes no parameters
                                              xbmc.Player.__init__(self, xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_AUTO)

I'm not exactly sure what's going on, I'm running OPENELEC so my guess it's some sort of incompatibility with the version of python it's running. If you could point me in the direction of narrowing down were the error might be coming from I can poke around the code and see if I can get it to run.

For the record PsudoTV has the same problem.

If you haven't already, please post to Jason's thread since this is a core issue. Current XBMC is based on Python 2.4 so if you are using a new version it is very probable that the code in PseudoTV and TV Time is using a method that has since been deprecated.
Uploaded 2.2.16. I updated how the script returns movie and music genres. You can now also select how many movie and music genres you want returns via Settings -> Channel Settings. The new version will return the top X genres based on the number of movies or songs that match the genre.
Hello.
Installed TVTime 2.2.16. Ran it and it hangs during autotune at 32% (Channel 36)
Here's a link to the debug log.
http://pastebin.com/6sfwAy6G
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Really stoked to try this out.
beckett Wrote:Hello.
Installed TVTime 2.2.16. Ran it and it hangs during autotune at 32% (Channel 36)
Here's a link to the debug log.
http://pastebin.com/6sfwAy6G
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Really stoked to try this out.

Same thing is happening to me, hangs on updating channel 33 tho
I'm trying to find the source of the issues with the network channel creation. In the next version I will put in some more debug code to hopefully help me narrow down which show names are causing it to hang. i know it is an encoding/decoding issue but it is hard for me to know if a change will fix it until I can reproduce the issue on my system. Hang tight.
All of my previous issues seem to be resolved. Thanks so much. Hopefully, this has been helpful.

I have an odd question regarding a custom playlist. I can get the playlist to play in the order I prefer but TV Time puts the videos in a different order. I don't care which is put in first (because the start point changes) but would like them to be in order. These are ordered by sorttitle (c10). Any ideas?
GJones Wrote:All of my previous issues seem to be resolved. Thanks so much. Hopefully, this has been helpful.

I have an odd question regarding a custom playlist. I can get the playlist to play in the order I prefer but TV Time puts the videos in a different order. I don't care which is put in first (because the start point changes) but would like them to be in order. These are ordered by sorttitle (c10). Any ideas?

I'll try to explain how TV Time uses the mixed smartplaylist to build the channel.

The order of the overall mixed playlist controls whether each individual playlist is added in the order it appears or whether the order should be randomized.

For example,

rule: playlist = abc.xsp
rule: playlist = def.xsp
rule: playlist = ghi.xsp

this would result in the file list being generated in the following order:

abc episode 1
def episode 1
ghi episode 1
abc episode 2
def episode 2
ghi episode 2

For example,

rule: playlist = abc.xsp
rule: playlist = def.xsp
rule: playlist = ghi.xsp
order = random

this would result in the file list being generated in the following order:

def episode 1
abc episode 1
ghi episode 1
def episode 2
abc episode 2
ghi episode 2

Now, for each playlist, e.g. abc.xsp, def.xsp, etc. the order effects how the script returns the episodes.

For example, if the mix order is not set and the episode playlist is set to random, the file list would be generated in the following order:

abc episode 10
def episode 2
ghi episode 7
abc episode 3
def episode 7
ghi episode 9

For example, if the mix order is set to random and the episode playlist is set to random, the file list would be generated in the following order:

abc episode 12
def episode 5
ghi episode 8
abc episode 6
def episode 9
ghi episode 21

XBMC doesn't support mixed "episode" or "movie" playlists so we are just using the smartplaylist output to define the settings to determine how to build the file list. In order to achieve a "balanced" channel, I first use each playlist int he mixed playlist to build individual show file lists. I then build the final file list by looping through each of the individual show file lists and added 1 show from each list until the channel file list is full. This way if 1 show has 200 episodes and another has only 20 episodes, they are both represented equally in the channel. This is different than how PseudoTV does it, but I felt my method was more like a true network channel schedule.
I am still having issues with this method. My playlists (that are part of the larger mixed playlist) is not found when the channel is being built. In the debug log, it seems to be looking for the episode playlist in the cache directory instead of the generic playlist directory (userdata/playlists/video).

I will investigate further, but for now have added custom genres. It is tied to the issue of it looking for my playlists in the wrong directory, I feel sure.
GJones Wrote:I am still having issues with this method. My playlists (that are part of the larger mixed playlist) is not found when the channel is being built. In the debug log, it seems to be looking for the episode playlist in the cache directory instead of the generic playlist directory (userdata/playlists/video).

I will investigate further, but for now have added custom genres. It is tied to the issue of it looking for my playlists in the wrong directory, I feel sure.

If you add the custom playlist using the channel configuration tool it should save the correct location in the settings2.xml file. This is where it gets the location for the custom playlist channels. For other channels, it gets them from the generated folder since it generates the playlists based on the channel settings.
jtucker1972 Wrote:If you add the custom playlist using the channel configuration tool it should save the correct location in the settings2.xml file. This is where it gets the location for the custom playlist channels. For other channels, it gets them from the generated folder since it generates the playlists based on the channel settings.

On my installation, it only looks for the playlists (the small ones inside the larger ones) in the cache/generated folder. I tried in playlists/video, in a separate folder, etc. It complains that it can't find it in userdata/addon_data/script.tvtime/cache/generated/playlistname.xsp.
im getting an error on the configuration userinterface itself, where if i have 2 Documentary Movie Genre set, that the configuration panel would just stop responding, i can navigate but cannot click... ? any ideas? it only happens on TV Time, not on PseudoTV.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] TV Time (Video) Addon Version 2.02