• 16(current)
[RELEASE] TV Time (Video) Addon Version 2.0
mwkurt Wrote:James,

I am having all kinds of problems with mixed playlists. I can't get them to work...at all anymore.
Here are my particulars:
I have 5 playlists that look like as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="episodes">
<name>Playlist_Star Trek TNG</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Star Trek: The Next Generation</rule>
<rule field="playcount" operator="lessthan">1</rule>
</smartplaylist>

<name>Playlist_Star Trek Enterprise</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Star Trek: Enterprise</rule>
</smartplaylist>

<name>Playlist_Star Trek Deep Space Nine</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Star Trek: Deep Space Nine</rule>
</smartplaylist>

<name>Playlist_Star Trek</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Star Trek</rule>
</smartplaylist>

<name>Playlist_Star Trek Voyager</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Star Trek: Voyager</rule>
</smartplaylist>

Those are the five playlists I am trying to include in the following playlist:

<smartplaylist type="mixed">
<name>StarTrek_Mixed_test</name>
<match>one</match>
<rule field="playlist" operator="is">Playlist_Star Trek Deep Space Nine.xsp</rule>
<rule field="playlist" operator="is">Playlist_Star Trek Enterprise.xsp</rule>
<rule field="playlist" operator="is">Playlist_Star Trek TNG.xsp</rule>
<rule field="playlist" operator="is">Playlist_Star Trek Voyager.xsp</rule>
<rule field="playlist" operator="is">Playlist_Star Trek.xsp</rule>
<limit>50</limit>
</smartplaylist>

I can not get this to work. Can you see anything that I am missing in any of these playlists? I am trying to get them to play from episode 1 thru the end of each show, with one show's episode 1, the next shows episode 1 and so on.

Thanks for any help!

Mark

I am working on getting the mapping done properly. I thought my previous update fixed this but apparently it did not. Playlists created via the XBMC smart playlist editor do not provide the complete path the playlist file. I need to add some debug code to see how the special path is being mapped.
jtucker1972 Wrote:Bumpers are channel specific so the bumpers need to be in subfolders matching the channel names.

thanks JT. but thats how i got it setup. i have a subfolder under the bumpers to correspond to the channel. For example
Documentary Movies bumper - for the Documentary Movies channel
and
Fox - for the fox channel.

is that right?
ducati31 Wrote:thanks JT. but thats how i got it setup. i have a subfolder under the bumpers to correspond to the channel. For example
Documentary Movies bumper - for the Documentary Movies channel
and
Fox - for the fox channel.

is that right?

Yes. Do me a favor and change the bumper interval from Auto to 1 and see if that helps. It may be that the bumper to show interval is high so you only would get a bumper every several shows. Setting it from Auto to 1 should force it to insert a bumper after each show.
jtucker1972 Wrote:I am working on getting the mapping done properly. I thought my previous update fixed this but apparently it did not. Playlists created via the XBMC smart playlist editor do not provide the complete path the playlist file. I need to add some debug code to see how the special path is being mapped.

Hopefully, mixed playlist issue is finally resolved in version 2.2.21.
jtucker1972 Wrote:Yes. Do me a favor and change the bumper interval from Auto to 1 and see if that helps. It may be that the bumper to show interval is high so you only would get a bumper every several shows. Setting it from Auto to 1 should force it to insert a bumper after each show.

its on that setting already Smile still nothing. ive even tried to doa force channel reset - still no go Sad
jtucker1972 Wrote:Hopefully, mixed playlist issue is finally resolved in version 2.2.21.

James,

2.2.21 seems to have fixed the issues of using smart playlists, but now I have another question.
Using the above smart playlists, I had TVTime create the channels. Everything went as planned except for where the storylines were when TVTime finished forming the channels and started playing one of the channels. When I pulled up the EPG to browse the channel lists, each of the shows in the "Star Trek" playlist were at Season 1 Episode 5. I could scroll backwards through the timeline and eventually get back to the Season 1 Episode 1 of each show, however, there is really no indication of what episode in a series we are being shown other than the show title and episode name.
So my question is what determines where in a timeline a show starts? Does it look at a specific time on the timeline to start filling the episodes in?
Also, is there any way that the episodic numbers could be displayed? I.E.
In addition to the show, episode name could we also get something like:
Star Trek - Season 1, Episode 5 - The Enemy Within.

At any rate, thanks for the quick updates!

Mark
mwkurt Wrote:James,

2.2.21 seems to have fixed the issues of using smart playlists, but now I have another question.
Using the above smart playlists, I had TVTime create the channels. Everything went as planned except for where the storylines were when TVTime finished forming the channels and started playing one of the channels. When I pulled up the EPG to browse the channel lists, each of the shows in the "Star Trek" playlist were at Season 1 Episode 5. I could scroll backwards through the timeline and eventually get back to the Season 1 Episode 1 of each show, however, there is really no indication of what episode in a series we are being shown other than the show title and episode name.
So my question is what determines where in a timeline a show starts? Does it look at a specific time on the timeline to start filling the episodes in?
Also, is there any way that the episodic numbers could be displayed? I.E.
In addition to the show, episode name could we also get something like:
Star Trek - Season 1, Episode 5 - The Enemy Within.

At any rate, thanks for the quick updates!

Mark

Change it from Real Time to Resume mode.
Any other suggestion to try? Smile
Also; how easily is it to add more live streams?
Is there a file somewhere - I can edit and paste a url to where the streams come from?

There is a lot of streaming add on - but I want to make tvtime my ultimate one stop addon for videos Smile inc streaming as it does a nice job on the one already there Smile
ducati31 Wrote:Also; how easily is it to add more live streams?
Is there a file somewhere - I can edit and paste a url to where the streams come from?

There is a lot of streaming add on - but I want to make tvtime my ultimate one stop addon for videos Smile inc streaming as it does a nice job on the one already there Smile

The source has to be RSS feed and it has to contain durations. There is a sources.xml file you can add other links to.

LiveStreams, etc. are plugins which use a different method to support rtmp based streaming video. I've discussed this with BlueCop briefly to understand how his plugins work. While not impossible, it would be difficult to incorporate these channels as the URL's to the video files have to be generated in real time since they are only valid for a short period of time. Also, since these plugins scrape various sites web pages to get the information, they often have to be updated and maintained do to changes to the site's content structure.
ducati31 Wrote:its on that setting already Smile still nothing. ive even tried to doa force channel reset - still no go Sad

I'll have to test again to see if a recent change broke this. I am out of the country on business so time is very limited at the moment.
Thumbs Up 
jtucker1972 Wrote:I'll have to test again to see if a recent change broke this. I am out of the country on business so time is very limited at the moment.

thanks man!
also the UI issue that was on the debug log number 2 that i sent you . after upgrading to version script.tvtime.2.2.20 it hasnt happened yet Smile big thumbs up

let me know if you require a log or the settings file Smile
so whats in the piple line for our belovered TVTime ? Smile care to share some roadmaps Smile?
Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been hammered with my day job and lots of travel.

There are still some bugs with the channel creation I need to get fixed. - done
I need to incorporate Jason's latest bug fixes to the core code. - done
I need to add back the functionality to use the prestaged channel files when there is a channel reset.
Next will be to add back the scheduled auto update that was in the previous version.
After that, I want to change the "Unwatched" setting to "Not watched in X weeks".

If only I had the time at the moment.
First, I want to say thanks for working on this awesome addon. It's been a huge addition to my XBMC setup.

I was wondering adding support for commercials/trailers in mov file format would ever be possible. I setup this script, HD Trailers Downloader, which downloads the latest trailers and it works well but all the trailers are mov files. It looks like TV Time doesn't pick those up. Not a big deal but it would be cool if it worked.

Thanks again for all your work on this addon!
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] TV Time (Video) Addon Version 2.02