Aeon Mq2 skin crashes xbmc when running Dialog().select
Not sure if anyone else has encountered this.

I've been writing a script which needs to use xbmcgui.Dialog().select.

When the code hits this line xbmc crashes with no info in xbmc.log and a segmentation fault in the crashlog.

If I change the code to, say, xbmcgui.Dialog().yesno then the dialog box displays fine but gives me a warning:

Code:
[b]19:36:43 T:2769283952 M:3747852288 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: DialogInfo[/b]

I tried switching the skin back to Confluence and the Dialog.select() displays with no problem so it does feel like a skin problem (and another user checked the code on his system).

For info I'm running Dharma on Mythbuntu 10.10 (Gigagbyte GA 870A-UD3 board with Nvidia GT210 pci graphics card)

For info, the crashlog is here: http://pastebin.com/uCWZVhAK

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
I can confirm this is skin specific. I also tested this with many skins and only Aeon MQ2 crashes XBMC(no errors on other skins either)

So el_Paraguayo, you're not going crazy... Big Grin

el_Paraguayo Wrote:Not sure if anyone else has encountered this.

I've been writing a script which needs to use xbmcgui.Dialog().select.

When the code hits this line xbmc crashes with no info in xbmc.log and a segmentation fault in the crashlog.

If I change the code to, say, xbmcgui.Dialog().yesno then the dialog box displays fine but gives me a warning:

Code:
[b]19:36:43 T:2769283952 M:3747852288 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: DialogInfo[/b]

I tried switching the skin back to Confluence and the Dialog.select() displays with no problem so it does feel like a skin problem (and another user checked the code on his system).

For info I'm running Dharma on Mythbuntu 10.10 (Gigagbyte GA 870A-UD3 board with Nvidia GT210 pci graphics card)

For info, the crashlog is here: http://pastebin.com/uCWZVhAK

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Giftie.

I managed a very very crude fix last night, by commenting out a vast portion of the DialogSelect.xml file. I didn't have time to try to narrow it down.

While the resulting dialog box then appears, it's a bit out of kilter with the theme as a whole.

For info I commented out from:
Code:
<control type="list" id="6">
down to end of that control.

el_P
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Mq2 skin crashes xbmc when running Dialog().select0