Compiling XBMC for GLES - What are the dependencies ?
Hi all,

I'm building XBMC with the GLES renderer (needed for my target device) on Ubuntu 10.10 but the build stops at;
Code:
checking for main in -lEGL... no
configure: error: Could not find a required library. Please see the README for your platform.
I have installed a bunch of OpenGL and ES packages but none of them seem to do anything - I've checked the readme and have all the deps, but I guess they are for non GLES builds..

Can someone clarify the packages needed for building and the packages needed on my target device for runtime.

Cheers!
You need dev packages for libegl Smile

What those are depends greatly on which device you are targeting, so without that information its impossible to help. On panda I can use the mesa ones for compile and the real drivers (which misses dev packages) for runtime.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Thanks, I'm targeting a device running the Intel GMA500 with the EMGD drivers on Ubuntu linux (the EMGD drivers freeze with anything other than GLES for XBMC).

I've previously successfully built for GLES and had XBMC running on this device but can't remember what package I installed on my build machine to get it going..

I've currently got a bunch of libgles1-mesa-dev etc.. installed but none of them appear to be what XBMC is looking for Rofl

Hopefully that info will help, as I'm a bit stuck as to which package I should be looking for.
I'm currently running into the same problem. What does lEGL depend on?
What?
Compiling for gles is complicated by platform dependencies like egl and such. The current gles is not a general purpose and targeted at a few specific platform like iOS/ATV2, pandaboard, tegra2 and a few others.
Ah..understood. Just doing some reading and it came up in some people's ./configure lines.
I've done it bit more reading. It seems like the main idea of OpenGL ES (at least for XBMC) would be to run without X (faster boot time, etc.)...am I correct?

Are there other advantages to using OpenGL ES/2.0?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compiling XBMC for GLES - What are the dependencies ?0