Audio problems in XBMC: Movies work, mp3's and FLAC do not.
Weird issue. I'm using XBMC on a windows machine with the intel bad axe 2 motherboard. I have an AMD 4350 video card and am using HDMI for video and sound.

I can watch movies fine and audio sounds great out of my 5.1 setup. I am piping it through a denon receiver with Energy Take 5.1 speakers.

The problem is that no mp3's work. Oh,they play fine and show they are playing, but I get no audio at all. No audio on mp3s or flac. If I close out of XBMC, I can play mp3s fine from media player. One other thing, from time to time I get the error that the audio subsystem failed and it requires a reboot of the computer. Usually happens once every couple weeks. I can't figure this one out, even after following other's threads about the same issue and settings they have made to fix it.

What should I be looking at specifically? I've tried two different players withing XBMC and both show the file playing but no audio. This is streaming across a network share from my PC on a gigabit network drop.

It has to be something simple, I'm just overlooking it. Thanks in advance for any advice.
I'm not sure but it could be worthwhile turning on debugging (settings | system | debugging) and starting an mp3 and stopping XBMC. Then post the log file to pastebin.com. There may be answers in there.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio problems in XBMC: Movies work, mp3's and FLAC do not.0