XBMC screensaver not running
I've just done a completely clean install of win7 SP1. I literally only installed drivers, installed eventGhost and then installed XBMC 10.1. Right off the bat the screensaver does NOT kick in at all, no matter what timeout setting I give it. I've tried both confluence and transparency skins. I've tried all three screensavers. Doing a 'preview' of the screensaver works fine. I've done a search on this issue and it seems like the last time it was encountered was in 2005? Is there any 'known' setting that will cause this or should I start enabling debug logs?
A debug log would help.
Maybe you have some input device that's generating events.
Interesting... this appears to have been caused by library updates. Is this by design that when libraries are being updated that the idle counter is disabled?
Ok this is annoying. It happened again. I left xbmc sitting idle for a while, came back and no screensaver. I went in and enabled debugging and that seemed to 'kick' it off. 1 minute after enabling debug the screensaver starts working. That's what happened previously too.
Debug log?

JR
I've gotten to the bottom of this one. It's actually very interesting. So I have a Pioneer Kuro plasma, which has 3 different 'power saver' modes. Well usually, I leave it at the most power saving (decreases brightness, reduces the 'buzzing' sound emitting form the panel). I've recently turned it off to increase picture quality. Well as you may or may not be aware, plasma screens emit a tremendous amount of IR radiation. Apparently, at any other mode than max power savings, the screen is bright enough to send off random 'codes' to the IR receiver in my htpc. This was causing event ghost to go absolutely nuts! This was in turn causing some random input to be 'detected' by xbmc I'm presuming. Very annoying indeed! I'll have to drape the wall facing the screen with some absorptive fabric so the stray IR signals don't bounce back I guess...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC screensaver not running0