Trailers for TV Shows?
(2015-09-07, 21:45)XenapZ Wrote: +1 I would also like to see this implemented, especially season/whole show trailers.

Please request it to the metadata providers (thetvdb, themoviedb). Once included in their API responses we can think about adding it.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Wouldn't it still be possible to add the "manual" parts, just like how movies can have manually set trailers based on file name? I doubt people will upload these episode previews to YouTube, which is what the scrapers use for movie trailers. It will most likely be something manually generated by the user.
Personally, I'd rather see all trailers just turn into something that an add-on can hook into, and make it generic "extras" functionality. That way there is a built-in button for all skins to see all of such content. If there is only a trailer add-on installed, then the button/feature will behave as it does now. If there's more, like an add-on window that provides a list of outtakes, additional actor bios, etc, then it can provide a selection of that information. Extra data could then be assigned per-episode or per show/movie.

/my two cents
(2015-09-08, 08:54)mkortstiege Wrote:
(2015-09-07, 21:45)XenapZ Wrote: +1 I would also like to see this implemented, especially season/whole show trailers.
Please request it to the metadata providers (thetvdb, themoviedb). Once included in their API responses we can think about adding it.
TheMovieDB.org already have this, so does a few other metadata providers, such as Trakt, (just not TheTVDB.com yet);

TheMovieDB.org also have also begun to allow you to upload trailers for TV Series now, for both the whole shows as well as for seasons:

https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/1399-game-of-thrones

http://docs.themoviedb.apiary.io

nhuman wrote: On Trakt.tv they seem to have trailers for TV shows. It might be somewhere to start with.

Example, True Detective: http://trakt.tv/shows/true-detective

+1 for TV Show and Seasons trailers now that sites like TheMovieDB and Trakt offer it in a consistant way.

Since trailers for movies is in the default skin maybe implemented support for TV Shows trailers into Kodi's core and default skin too?

[EDIT]: Other sites that alsp offers TV Show trailers are these:
TVguide.com (TV Guide) http://www.tvguide.com/special/fall-preview/videos/
Metacritic http://www.metacritic.com/browse/tv-shows/trailers/date
Prime TV Series http://www.primetvseries.com
Aren't those trailers for the TV show over all, and not individual episodes?
(2015-09-09, 22:29)Ned Scott Wrote: Aren't those trailers for the TV show over all, and not individual episodes?
That is correct for those metadata providers that I linked to. Well, they do provide trailers for both the complete TV-series as a whole as well as individual trailers/teasers for each season too.

I thought that is what this the original poster meant?: Trailers for comeplete tv shows and for each season if available as well.

Anyway, as also mentioned; some other metadata providers like TVRage.com does even have TV trailers/teasers/promos next to each episodes in the episode lists.

I think that trailers for the complete TV-series as a whole would be enough to start with, and per season too if it is not too much trouble.
(2015-09-11, 07:47)RockerC Wrote:
(2015-09-09, 22:29)Ned Scott Wrote: Aren't those trailers for the TV show over all, and not individual episodes?
That is correct for those metadata providers that I linked to. Well, they do provide trailers for both the complete TV-series as a whole as well as individual trailers/teasers for each season too.

I thought that is what this the original poster meant?: Trailers for comeplete tv shows and for each season if available as well.

Anyway, as also mentioned; some other metadata providers like TVRage.com does even have TV trailers/teasers/promos next to each episodes in the episode lists.

I think that trailers for the complete TV-series as a whole would be enough to start with, and per season too if it is not too much trouble.
Yay, that's the stuff, most of us are asking about.
But in the same moment, don't forget this please:
(2015-07-16, 12:55)MasterPhW Wrote: It would be great, to have TV show season trailers, for example in combination with TV Show Custom Season Names and custom description it would really create a increase in value of the information. ATM the TV season overview shows only the season covers, but is missing all kind of important information. You will never find a specific plot detail or story development by just looking at a cover. Wink
But a season trailer and/or additional titles/descriptions for the seasons would really make sense here.
(2011-05-08, 22:03)Maxoo Wrote: Already discussed many times. Status is that there is
1) no source to download from.
2) no real need.

1) Trailers for TV shows are nowadays available from YouTube. So there is a source, right? Just like YT can stream movie trailers, it should be able to stream trailers/teasers of TV shows.
2) Then what is the need for movie trailers?
+1
+1
I've been playing around with trying to figure out something for doing this for a while and I've put together a python script that can be mapped to a key via keymap.xml.  Copy and paste the text from https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/KQfvWmwtFq/ and save it as trailer.py  In order for it to work you need a trailer saved in the root directory of your tv show named as trailer.mp4  and you need to have the context menu for the tv show activated.  Go to your show and then hit the "i" key on your keyboard, or whatever equivalent you've mapped it to.  It's not a perfect solution and I would have liked to get it to work when the cursor is just highlighting the show in the list, but I couldn't figure out a way to get the path using container.folderpath as that returns the path along the lines of videodb://2/2/1 and I don't know how to make the lookup to get the actual file path.
I don't get why this is even a request and really I am not sure why this is even a thing for movies. I mean by the time the movie or TV show appears in the Kodi library, you had to have already recorded it or bought it (or pirated it, if that's your thing) which seems to me a bit late to be worried about the trailer. Shouldn't you know what it's about before it gets added to the library? Maybe I am missing something?
@Maverickz

Sure, what you say is true... but not always the case.

For example, I know what the movie is about, but I may have friends over. We decide to watch a movie, but they are unable to choose between a shortlist of movies. What better way to choose which movie than by watching a trailer.

Some members like to "collect" movies. This means blurays, UHD Blurays, bonus disks full of production notes, artwork, probably memorabilia and, you guessed it, trailers. Some trailers are difficult to find, and hunting for them can turn into a mission.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
OK that makes sense. Thanks.
For me it's handy for a shared database, that way the wife sees a show that might be "one of mine", but maybe she's interested as well and so the trailer adds a little bit more info than just the text in the show description or her having to ask me "What's this show about" and listen to me try to explain it.  Interestingly enough there's a <trailer> tag as an option in the nfo files for tv shows (and episodes too) so it must be in the back of someone's mind somewhere.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trailers for TV Shows?0