XBMC advancedsettings.xml (CPU and GPU temp)
The GPU Command has changed:

Quote:<gputempcommand>echo "$(nvidia-smi -q -d TEMPERATURE | grep Gpu | tr -d ' ' | cut -c5-6) C"</gputempcommand>
Hope this is still the correct place to post questions like this. My CPU temperature was being displayed in the System Info with Kodi 16 but since the upgrade to Kodi 17 it shows as a question mark. After adding a section to the advancedsettings.xml for cpu temperature it will display but it is a static number. Whatever the temperature is when Kodi starts is what gets displayed always.
after some searching, i stubled upon this tread.

it didnt helped me to get my temp showing in kodi, so i looked further.

in the end i got it working.

my advancedsettings.xml are :

<advancedsettings>
<setting>value</setting>
<cputempcommand>sensors | tail -n 21 | sed -ne "s/Core 0: \+[-+]\([0-9]\+\).*/\1 C/p"</cputempcommand>
<cputempcommand>sensors | tail -n 21 | sed -ne "s/Core 1: \+[-+]\([0-9]\+\).*/\1 C/p"</cputempcommand>
<cputempcommand>sensors | tail -n 21 | sed -ne "s/Core 2: \+[-+]\([0-9]\+\).*/\1 C/p"</cputempcommand>
<cputempcommand>sensors | tail -n 21 | sed -ne "s/Core 3: \+[-+]\([0-9]\+\).*/\1 C/p"</cputempcommand>
<gputempcommand>echo "$(nvidia-smi --query-gpu=temperature.gpu --format=csv,noheader) C"</gputempcommand>
<setting>value</setting>
</advancedsettings>

note, that it only shows one cpu temp not all four.
but the gpu temp shows fine.
you of course need sensors installed for that command to work. but its useless info anyway
If it's useless information it wouldn't be an option, now would it?

Some systems like the raspberry pi can overheat so it can be very useful to pull that information and see that yes indeed you're running way too hot it's time to do something about it.
@bouke you need one command to display all 4 core temps in one line.
I'll store this here...

<!--For reference: http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml -->
xml:
<advancedsettings>
  <cputempcommand>echo "$(sensors -u |grep input |awk '{sum+=$2} END {printf "%.0f\n", sum/NR}') C"</cputempcommand>
  <gputempcommand>echo "$(nvidia-smi -q -d temperature | grep "GPU Current Temp" | awk '{print $5}') C"</gputempcommand>
</advancedsettings>
(2020-04-30, 16:47)m1llenium Wrote: I'll store this here...

It's not recommended to add posts to old threads.
You also f*'d up the Wiki URL, but it's fixed now.
Adding syntax tags is preferable too, where possible.

Other than that, welcome to the forum. :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC advancedsettings.xml (CPU and GPU temp)0