filesystem thumbnails
Hi. Just as an exercise in learning C++ I'm putting some basic Spotify support into XBMC as a virtual filesystem (I like ambitious "Hello, world" projects). I've been successful so far in terms of playlist navigation although I've not started work on passing the audio stream to xbmc yet.

The only problem I've had so far that's beaten me is supplying a thumbnail image. I can see other CFileItem objects using item->SetThumbnailImage(url), like filesystem/MythDirectory line 145, but when I try to use it I get:

Code:
Spotify.cpp: In member function 'virtual bool XFILE::CDirectorySpotify::GetDirectory(const CStdString&, CFileItemList&)':
Spotify.cpp:87: error: 'class CFileItemPtr' has no member named 'SetThumbnailImage'

What have I missed? I can't see how I'm doing anything differently to Myth

Also, to save reading 37 pages of mostly irrelevant stuff, can someone give me a quick one-liner as to how I grab the AudioEngine branch from git (something I've not used before)? I can't see anything obvious about it and want to make sure this code I'm writing isn't rendered useless in a few weeks or whenever the next release is, like other developers have suffered
CFileItemPtr is a pointer, the error suggests you are trying to access the pointers member not what it points to member.

i.e.
item.SetThumbnailImage(url)
instead of the correct
item->SetThumbnailImage(url)
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Typical. As soon as I hit 'submit', I realised I'd used '.' instead of '->'. Spanner. Blush
How do you delete posts on this thing?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
filesystem thumbnails0