XBMC and tvheadend woes
So I made the mistake of moving my pristine XBMC box over to Ubuntu 11.04 and was upgraded to MythTV 0.24+. Thus, live television through XBMC no longer works, thanks to infighting between the two factions.

Nonetheless, I have decided to move over to tvheadend because that seems to be the more supported television streaming standard for XBMC. However, it seems development may have been abandoned, so I ask for help here.

My setup uses a Hauppage! HVR-1950 that has an analog NTSC tuner with on-board MPEG2 encoding, and an ATSC tuner. However, both cannot be activated at once: If a program activates the ATSC side of the tuner, the analog side becomes nonfunctional. The tvheadend daemon detects the ATSC tuner first and locks its device file, thus when it probes the analog side, it errors, saying "operation not permitted".

I had the same prob with mythtv, and was able to fix it by making the analog tuner the first priority, digital second, and disallowing the backend from locking the digital tuner on. Any ideas? Buying a second tuner is NOT an option; if that is the only recourse, XBMC and Linux are gone, to be replaced by Windows Media Center.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC and tvheadend woes0