Need help with how to exit a frozen xbmc instance so it will write to the log.
I have a python plugin I am having issues with since updating. I am trying to get logs to the developer so he can help me but it seems that it stops writing to the log about the time the error happens.

I am running 10.1 live on a mag, I start the plugin and it begins to do its thing (populate channels), once getting to a certain spot it just stops any progress. the log file at that point shows it writes a footer then nothing till I press a button on the remote. I can click the cancel button on the plugin window, but once doing that I get no response from xbmc though I can still ctrl alt f2 and have tried both a sudo reboot and restart with hopes the data we need would be written to xbmc.old but so far it has not. I am pretty clueless when it comes to linux but I am a fast learner so I am hoping someone could point me in the right direction to correctly back out of this and get xbmc to continue to write debug data to the log so I can pass it along and get back to enjoying my media center and not cursing it.

Thanks in advance!
Bob

Messages In This Thread
Need help with how to exit a frozen xbmc instance so it will write to the log. - by fobizzle - 2011-05-27, 03:18
[No subject] - by Hudson_Hawk04 - 2011-05-27, 05:14
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help with how to exit a frozen xbmc instance so it will write to the log.0